Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2008, 4:23 pm

So after being dumped a month or so ago I've decided its time to get out of the house. I asked a girl out for tomorrow and she said yes, we are going to grab lunch at a local sushi place. That will kill about an hour, but I'm stumped for what to do after that. Neither of us are really from this area, so that makes it hard to do something spontaneous. If the date doesn't go well I'll probably just send it after lunch, but if it goes well I'd like to suggest something else to do afterwards.

The only things I can think of are bowling and mini put. But even those I have to figure out where we can go, since the only place that I knew of just closed down. I'm sure there's something else around though.

There's also hiking, which is one of my more typical date suggestions.. But this time of year the trails are a sea of mud :(

Any other ideas?

Khraese
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Apr 2008, 5:20 pm

It's actually easier to be spontaneous when you're unaware of the area. Just walk through some place and say, "Hey, let's see what's in there," or the like. There's no need to hold back in any way, just be curious and explore the area. That will be fun for both of you.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 1:39 am

Yeah, don't overplan it because it's your first date with this girl. Lunch itself may be enough time, especially if you don't hit it off, otherwise you could go for a short walk and maybe get some coffee afterwards. But don't wear out your welcome. Good luck!

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 4:06 pm

ask her. make sure she is available to do something afterwards and if she is (thats a good sign i've learned) ask her what she is interested in doing. suggest something if she asks you. but i think it's more polite to give her first choice. who knows, maybe she has some cool thing already planned for after lunch. good luck. :D :D

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2008, 7:36 pm

Just finished the date, had a good time. After lunch we came back to my place and played some video games for a few hours. All in all I had a good time, sweet girl and I have lots in common with her. Sadly I didn't feel much chemistry between us. Think she could make a good friend, but beyond that... I guess time will tell.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 8:48 pm

That's great that you hit it off. As far as chemistry, I don't know what you're expecting, but there's a difference between being sexually attracted to someone and being compatible with them.

MagicMike
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 9:20 pm

Make sure you have at least something in mind, and a backup plan. I've had some rather crummy blind dates that ultimately ended with "yeah...sorry to have wasted your time." on both of our accounts...