Are you ever afraid to tell someone you love them?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ZeroCrates
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2008, 7:04 pm

I am in this situation right now, but only because i think it wouldn't be good for the person I'm with to hear it. she is in a relationship with another guy, who is simply never there for her, and almost never talks to her. she feels terrible about cheating on him with me and thinks it would destroy him to leave him, but i know she has strong feelings for me. i feel like it would make her feel terrible about her thoughts of not wanting to stay with me and become attached (i think she is attached to me already though)

I think I'm going to tell her one day soon though, what should i do?

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 7:07 pm

Very. :oops:

Those who know, don't speak.

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 1:03 pm

Yeah, unfortunatley =(

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 3:13 pm

i have said it before... but it scares the hell out of me... but before i say it... instead of fearing rejection... i spend about half a year preparing for her to reject me... last time i checked this technique out when the gal rejected me (Really close to her, love her so mutch, obviusly she doesn't love me) i didn't feel a thing... it was natural... id been preparing for so long... i knew it was coming... it was actually a relief... ofcourse as if that wasn't enbarresing enough... i clarifyed it with her a few times after... thank god we wern't in public...

Nintenderek17
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2008, 4:12 pm

I struggle just knowing when to hold her hand, or asking girls out, much less kissing and telling her I love her, which sucks because I fall pretty easily too. So usually, I've fallen in love 2-3 weeks into the relationship (Which I guess could possibly have to do with my AS) and don't' know how to tell her. Usually I will just let them make the first move. I know girls hate this, but I just can't seem to be able to do it.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 5:38 pm

I've said it twice, the first I was certain that she loved me back. The second, I was certain that she didn't and nearly certain that she would refuse to date. It's not something easy to say, the pain of rejection is very great.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Poeticromance
Toucan
Toucan

23 Apr 2008, 8:58 pm

Pundit23 wrote:
The mastery of words was bequeathed
to me the first day I did speakthed.
But when it comes to a girl,
my mind goes awhirl,
so rather than sonnets, I squeekthed.

...Oh, and then it turned out she was bisexual. So although I have decent odds when I one day manage to confess my love, I'll have to contend with some pretty hot women too.

Cheer up, if you really love her, you'll conquer your fear when the moment is right. What do they say? True love... conquers something. I don't know. But you will when the time is right.

NTs think they have reason to fuss,
but they've never heard about us.
We dont get girls with our quirks.
They get girls and they're jerks!
...At least AS is considered to = genius.

You think mine will? I really love this boy who I used to date. We talk a lot and he never treated me like I was some werido. Now he is never online and I'm too p**** to talk to him in school >.<. A lot of people say he likes me and such but idk. It seems like he will never admit it or even understand his feelings. Now, I look at him a lot and he always seems to be looking the oppositte direction and our eyes meet a lot but I turn away as quick as lighting.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 12:10 pm

I don't have any problem telling a girl that I love her if she has already told me.

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

EA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Apr 2008, 5:07 pm

Well, of course, but you almost never get a direct statement like that from any type of girl, and subtle body language is something we Aspies have trouble with. I'm trying to work up the manparts to tell the girl I like that I like her right now.

ccflowergirl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 8:56 pm

I was allways told girls shouldn't say it first.