Singlism- Discrimination against the singles.

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 4:14 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Granted, this is all gonna change by the time i'm 30, still single, and still unable to kill a teenage feeling that would itself be old enough to be a teenager...

Though here's the bright side - by the time your 30 you'll also have plenty of friends either divorced with kids or stuck in abusive marriages where you'll probably hear quite as often how much they wish they could trade places with you. No, that really doesn't explain it all away but still - you at least know that what you didn't give in to, you were better off not giving in to: those friends will be your proof.

Sunfell
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jun 2008, 2:09 pm

I like being single. And people who are my real friends understand this, and keep me in their various loops. People who do not understand me, and make the Fatal Error of 'setting me up' only do that one time.

Singledom is not a contagious or fatal disease. It is not a shortcoming. For some, (like me, for instance), it is a choice. I would rather be alone and content than in a relationship and miserable.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 8:02 pm

Zane wrote:
I am just sick of people telling me I am gay.

I am single because of women not because of men.

I am finatially stable, work out 2-3 times a week, am in school almost full time, am not too bad on the eyes :wink: ...

But everytime the subject comes up I get people telling me one of three things all of which royally piss me off...

"There is someone for everyone" "You don't find it it finds you" (completely illogical)

"You are too perfect to not have a girlfriend, are you sure you're not gay?"
(Men asked out = 0 Women asked out = 100+)

and finally

"It's not you, it's them" (Uh, huh sure)

And another crappy thing is most women my age (20's) go after lame jockey guys or completely soft guys who would ask the robber for a receipt before raising an arm to stop him...

But then after they f**k around 100's of times and most likely have at least one failed marriage and more commonly at least one kid they (Women) decide to be smart and go find a "nice guy".

The truth is I am not raising some other guys kids. And I am so incredibly pissed with how women treat us as men. We give them a little rope (womens rights) and they begin to walk all over us...

My heart and soul do not deserve the amount of disrespect women give me.

-Zane

You are not alone in feeling this way. My advice, is don't settle or put up with BS from women (or anyone). Putting up with their s**t and games won't help you get what you want, so just be yourself and be glad that you have the balls to go against stupid cultural norms.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 8:04 pm

Eventually the world will have to change to accommodate singles more I think. I think a lot of people in my generation are going to wind up alone (not just AS people).

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 8:45 pm

My employer sponsors outings that are really family or couple oriented. At the Christmas party, most everyone brought a date (i.e., wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend, just a date). At a summer outing, most people brought their wife/husband and children in tote. It's kind of alienating for a young, single guy—totally different milieu.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 9:33 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Have you ever felt the Singlism?

I don't know if this would count for this topic, but I was told by my manager during my last annual review that until I was married and had children, I couldn't be a supervisor.

DWill
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2008, 9:47 pm

Tohlagos wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

I don't know if this would count for this topic, but I was told by my manager during my last annual review that until I was married and had children, I couldn't be a supervisor.

:wall:

Thats nonsense, I would of gotten up and quit right there. I've experienced this before from my mother and friends, but thankfully I've let everyone know that I'm quite happy the way things are and that their opinions on my dating life are not welcome. I also have a few friends are happy being single with me.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 10:00 pm

DWill wrote:
Tohlagos wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

:wall:

Thats nonsense, I would of gotten up and quit right there. I've experienced this before from my mother and friends, but thankfully I've let everyone know that I'm quite happy the way things are and that their opinions on my dating life are not welcome. I also have a few friends are happy being single with me.

Thank you for saying that.

When he said that to me, I was totally taken by surprise. My mouth went open; I didn't know what to say. I glanced at my supervisor who was sitting right next to me -she had a smile on her face.

I am not well liked there. That manager also brought up how well ordered and methodical I am and that I don't do anything without thinking it out first. But, he didn't say those as compliments.

It is ok. I have a plan and I will be leaving that job.

*pulls self back into topic*

I thought of another time. There was a time I went out to the beach to sit and think. It was either a Friday or Saturday night (I don't remember). I went out there alone. I passed a group of people and one of them made fun of me by saying, "Can't get it up, can ya?" I didn't know how to respond, so I just kept going. Fortunately they didn't bother me further.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2008, 12:12 am

Tohlagos wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

That is such bs...