I want to live a life of chastity.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2009, 12:33 pm

I want to live a life of chastity. I'm not into men, at all. I've had sex, once and I didn't like it. I feel that it would be better, if I stayed a bachelor, and stayed away from men. No sex, please...I'm British. Men don't really turn me on. The only man that turns me on, started out in a rock band, 45 years ago, and I'm looking at old pictures. I don't even want to look at the men of today. I find that men only want one thing, and I'm not ready, willing or able to give it.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2009, 1:18 pm

It is possible to do that. It is also not strange.

invisibitsy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2009, 3:53 pm

Hi, I understand where you are coming from. It is very rare that I feel "in the mood" (and, even then, I can never fully get into it). For me it's hard to share that much vulnerability with another person. I often have thoughts such as: "It's not really me he likes, it's the sex my body can offer." Even though I know this isn't true, somehow it's difficult for me to shake off this kind of irrational thinking. I've considered the chaste life, but the truth is that I do wish I could be more sexually intimate with my partner. It's just a matter of opening myself up that much... :? I have to admit it scares me.

Last edited by invisibitsy on 24 Nov 2009, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2009, 4:08 pm

Certainly possible, and not at all unusual. It's been over five years since I had sex, and I can't say I miss it. Sex was too complex and intense for my senses, and too involved for my capability to process emotions as adults do. Though I'm chronologically 40+, I'm socially a preteen, according to my neurologist (with input from other neurologists, psychologists, and psychiatrists).

You don't have to take a vow of chastity. You can always decide later to try again, perhaps upon meeting and becoming comfortable and close with someone.

invisibitsy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2009, 4:45 pm

Aoi wrote:
Sex was too complex and intense for my senses, and too involved for my capability to process emotions as adults do.

Yes, this. I have the same issue. It often feels "too much to handle". But I am glad to have such an understanding partner who is willing to go as slowly as I need to.

Aoi wrote:
Though I'm chronologically 40+, I'm socially a preteen

I think I unwittingly act like I'm twelve, too :lol:

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2009, 6:40 pm

I fully support and respect this, honestly.

rac27
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Nov 2009, 11:10 pm

I've never had sex before
I guess i'm not mature enough to find someone to do it with

Merle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2009, 1:32 am

<shrug>

Okay, have fun. Some people want to be firefighters, others police and some priests. As long as you know what you're getting into, don't expect praise or blame.

It's simply a choice.