How old were you when you first went on a real date?

Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

UncommonPerspective
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Aug 2006, 11:11 am

Never had one. Yet. But I'm still only 16, so I think I'm still on the "curve" of sorts.

IcelandicGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2006, 5:09 pm

I´m 25 now and I´ve never been on a date.

Brainsforbreakfast
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2006, 7:41 am

19 or 20, depending on the definition of 'date'.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2006, 2:58 pm

I was 16 I think - just switched back from a catholic highschool, saw a girl at the fair I remembered from way back, and when my junior year started I ended up seeing her at school. Turned out she was interested, not unattractive per se (kinda looked like the girl who played Rogue in Xmen), but was in SBH and kinda over the edge in terms of being off the wall and a little annoying at times. We probably had one or two definite dates but after that I found out from friends that she'd turned into the town bike a while ago, was doing a lot of shady things, and my friends were pretty much indicating to me that I really didn't wanna touch her and that they didn't wanna deal with her if she was with me. End of story I broke it off with her at the end of the week and ever since then if anyone asks when my first relationship was I still tell em 20 because it just didn't feel like it was long lived or successful enough to count (lol, not too far from the one I had about 5 months ago except the situation was a bit different).

AmyRose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2006, 4:25 pm

I was 18 when I had my first real date. I recently broke up with her--the way it happened, I'm surprised it even lasted 1.5 years...

Dandelion

23 Aug 2006, 4:18 pm

23. I haven't talked to him since.

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2006, 8:06 pm

I was 20. We're still together, but it's long-distance now.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2006, 9:03 am

15 but you could hardly call it a date lol.
Went to this girl for a weekend, she fed me drunk and we had sex.
I never saw her again.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2006, 11:43 am

im 26 and have never been on a date :cry:

rincemeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Aug 2006, 11:13 am

I already posted, but I thought I'd add a little more than just "23"

Well I just moved away from home to study.

I decided to go to the library one day and saw her. For some inexplicable reason, I just knew that I had to talk to her. She was the first girl I'd asked out whilst sober. On the second attempt she agreed to meet. We went out maybe six or seven times before I asked her to officially 'date'. We've been dating for just over 2 months now.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2006, 8:03 pm

I was 29 when I went on my first. When I was in high school, my parents were opposed to teenagers dating, I don't know why. They thought it was insane the school encouraged it with dances, a prom, etc. The idea of going out on a date would never have gone over with them at all and besides, there weren't any girls who would have been interested in me at my school anyway being the outcast I was. I wasn't all that interested in dating anyway.

When I got to age 18, they would have probably been ok with it, but it meant next to nothing to me, so I never bothered through college or even afterwards until I met a girl online who lived 1200 miles away and we chatted for over a year over the computer and on the phone and she asked me to visit, and I did. We went out to eat together and we saw a movie. We also saw some other things in her town, and it was fun. We continued visiting back and forth for 5 years, then we got married.

Dating was never a priority with me, so I never got around to it until much later in life.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

29 Aug 2006, 7:19 pm

20. My ex boyfriend and I went to Pizza Hut and ate. None of us were dressed up of course. We didn't think it was that important. This was back when we first met and the next day i jump to be his gf because I never had a bf before. We went on a few other dates after that, shopping, and going to a movie twice. We never dressed up for any of them.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2006, 7:42 pm

A girl I knew asked me out when I was 16 or 17, but there wasn't any magic there and to be honest I didn't have a bloody clue what I was doing.

First 'proper' relationship was at age 20.

Have been in 5 serious relationships over the last ten years. Never found anyone I could really open up and talk to about everything. The homely, nice girls ended up boring me while the good-looking but demanding ones wore me out, cos I spent every second expecting them to leave.

I've managed to seriously screw up every relationship I've been in, and it feels like I've tainted the world view of some really nice people. That's the bit I find upsetting - taking someone really nice and then exposing them to lots of depression and confusion and anger.

I'm not sure I even want to try any more, although I am very lonely.

wrong
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Aug 2006, 8:16 pm

What the heck is a "date"?

Seriously, I've done dates that never ended up in anything but disaster, and I've had my best relationships where we were friends first, already knew each other, and things just started happening for some reason without ever really dating in any recognizeable way.

I really can't function on a "date". Nothing ever "clicks" - and yes, I've been able to tell when things "click".

I'd rather get to know her beforehand anyway, it makes me feel more secure, and I can know for a fact that the time investment of a relationship is going to be worth it.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2006, 3:29 pm

Had first date at age 13 with a guy friend then didn't date again until early 20's. Started dating women at age 27. Haven't dated anyone in last 18 months because I keep attracting putzes. How's that?