Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 2:22 am

Since so many of us here have trouble picking up when a girl or boy likes us, let's make a list of the ways each of us expresses their feelings. I'm not entirely sure how I do it yet, so everyone else can go first. :D

What are your hints?

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 2:25 am

I have no idea how I do it. Apparently for me it's subconscious, because I'm told that I do so and that it is pretty obvious, but I never really intend to do it.

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 2:52 am

I tried to give hints, but I am not really good at it. The other person does not see it (hints are too small) or it was way over top. Now I tried just saying without any hints, I got rejected but I felt better about it.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:11 am

I don't hint, I tell em straight up I'm interested.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 3:17 am

Pistonhead wrote:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 5:47 am

I usually get a pained expression on my face, like I'm constipated. :roll:

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 9:00 am

Ferdinand wrote:
Pistonhead wrote:

me three

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

27 Jun 2010, 7:55 pm

happymusic wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
Pistonhead wrote:

me three

Same here. I'm very direct but I try to be subtle & it usually backfires on me. I usually try asking women if we can hang-out or go to a movie or something sometime. They usually figure out I'm asking em out & get really weirded out by it

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 8:06 pm

i use subtle flirty language and pour on some charm 8)

Hopeless_Hearts_Marie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2010, 11:14 pm

I have the problem of just blurting it out, but I ask it as if I'm talking about a different guy lol XD

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 11:44 pm

I don't pick up hints or give them out, period.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 12:52 am

Quote:
I have no idea how I do it. Apparently for me it's subconscious, because I'm told that I do so and that it is pretty obvious, but I never really intend to do it.

Quote:

Both of these.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 1:50 am

Seanmw wrote:
i use subtle flirty language and pour on some charm 8)

Me too. This and apparently my girlfriend and I have noticed that because I think she's REALLY cute, that I tend to stare at her sometimes...only because I think she's really gorgeous and I wonder how I ended up with someone as great as her...

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 2:00 am

I whip it out...

50 dollars or so that is. If it isn't worth paying for it isn't worth it :P

musicboxforever
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 7:41 am

jdcnosse wrote:
apparently my girlfriend and I have noticed that because I think she's REALLY cute, that I tend to stare at her sometimes...only because I think she's really gorgeous and I wonder how I ended up with someone as great as her...

I think that's a good tip. I can't read hints, but if I keep catching a guy's eye across the room and it keeps happening, then I start to wonder if he likes me. Of course I don't know what to do after that, but that's another story...

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 10:54 am

I've never known that anybody is interested in me in THAT way until it's happened, though I've always notices grounds for thinking that they probably are........one of them wore a low-cut top when I visited her, and she kept bending over.......that felt like a pretty strong hint, but I still felt I couldn't be sure......then she asked me to give her a massage, which removed any doubt. Mostly they've been more subtle than that. Usually they've just said something or other that suggests they're OK about being alone with me....it's usually a throwaway comment that I can ignore or take them up on, e.g. they might want to go for a walk, and I'm free to say "off you go then" or "I'll come with you if you like."

I think it's more in the amount of attention the "couple" is giving each other. Of course that also happens in ordinary life but then there's always a logical reason for it. It's likely to be something more if there's no real excuse for the attention except for sheer interest. Assuming it's not an established platonic friend such as a family member. It crosses the line when I notice we're talking mostly about each other, exchanging our outlooks on life, our loves, hates and dreams, and bringing each other to life. In other words I don't go the way of hints and flirty stuff, I just find myself getting close to whoever, just like developing any other friendship, only we seem a bit more special to each other than that.

I don't really see the sexual side of it as such a big step, though of course it is exactly that. But I don't see the boundary so sharply. True, when it happens you know that you've probably got yourself a relationship (I don't get involved with one-night stands), and it's kind of good to seal the deal like that (sexual rivals usually go back into the woodwork then 8) ), but I'm much happier to just let nature take its course and work on the friendship. Occasionally I've gone and confused the lady concerned by seeming uninterested in taking things any further than platonic, and that's precipitated some very weird games, but really the fault there is in my failing to raise the issue. You can talk frankly about sex without spoling anything, though I know some people would rather die than just say how they feel. Some weren't satisfied unless I told them I wanted them even though they'd just said they didn't want me. :?