We like each other; now what?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jul 2010, 2:02 am

a while ago, i realized i was in love with my best friend. I was nervous about it for a while, trying to figure out how to tell her and wondering if she reciprocated my feelings.

I got saved the trouble when she lent me her phone without realizing she still had a picture of me with "i love you.." written across it. To make matters more awkward, my little brother was present, and snatched the phone from my hand and proceeded to make fun of her.

I got it back and let her know i feel the same way. That was about a week ago, and I'm unsure what to do next.

Anyone got any tips?

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 2:07 am

How long have you known her? How comfortable with her are you? Do you have any shared interests that you could go out and do together? Have you consulted her about this?

I think you should sweep her off her feet and take her somewhere awesome that you'll both like, as a date.

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jul 2010, 2:15 am

Ive known her for 9 years(!). we both share interests, but nothing i can think of that would work as a date (yet). (that, and I cant drive yet, and having my or her parents drive us would be...awkward.)

maybe a dinner or lunch at a sushi bar or something...

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 2:17 am

I was thinking something more unique to you two as a couple. You've known her for a long time, so you're in a good position to come up with something special. Is there something she's wanted to do for a while, or something you know she'd like?

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jul 2010, 2:32 am

not anything i can afford at the moment, i'm afraid.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 12:02 pm

Gehringer wrote:
I cant drive yet, and having my or her parents drive us would be...awkward.)

If you've got AS and you let awkwardness keep you from something that's important to you, you're not going to have any kind of life at all... :?

That's a beautiful story, good luck! :P

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 12:07 pm

Throw her a picnic under the stars on a grassy knoll where one can see the landscape and either the countryside (if you live in the country) or the city in which you live, lit up like a Christmas tree.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 12:18 pm

Sex.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 12:20 pm

Either of the last two suggestions would work, considering how long you've known each other. :lol: It all depends how comfy both of you are in the presence of the other and how solid your relationship has been.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 12:55 pm

Gehringer wrote:
Ive known her for 9 years(!). we both share interests, but nothing i can think of that would work as a date (yet). (that, and I cant drive yet, and having my or her parents drive us would be...awkward.)

maybe a dinner or lunch at a sushi bar or something...

I often do dates in parks, cos I'm cheap and can't drive, and parks are nice. I say often, but it hasn't happened for a while.

I don't think reasonable women care that much where they are or how much you are spending on them as long as you can make them feel special and cared for. It's all in my book 'How to Win Women on a Budget'.

If you've known her for 9 years and she loves you, than a lot of the difficult stuff is already over. Let nature take it's course. Inviting her around to watch videos or something would probably do.

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jul 2010, 3:25 pm

Ok, thanks moog.

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 4:51 pm

I've always wanted to invite a girl to sit on some swings under the stars. Swings are awesome.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 5:49 pm

KaiG wrote:
I've always wanted to invite a girl to sit on some swings under the stars. Swings are awesome.

hi5

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 8:13 pm

Gehringer wrote:
a while ago, i realized i was in love with my best friend. I was nervous about it for a while, trying to figure out how to tell her and wondering if she reciprocated my feelings.

I got saved the trouble when she lent me her phone without realizing she still had a picture of me with "i love you.." written across it. To make matters more awkward, my little brother was present, and snatched the phone from my hand and proceeded to make fun of her.

I got it back and let her know i feel the same way. That was about a week ago, and I'm unsure what to do next.

Anyone got any tips?

Sometimes that happens. I'd rather date a friend than anything else. It's a wonderful feeling in that it's so unusual. Keep things cool, and I wish you both the best of luck.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2010, 8:16 pm

awwwwh, that's cuuute :)

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2010, 3:00 am

Well, I asked her out to lunch today, and our first date went fairly well:it was a lot less awkward then i was expecting...