We like each other; now what?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 4:35 am

I´m glad the first date went well, many couples seem to have problems at the start but I guess you overcame that by knowing her for long.

You need to find another activity you can do with her, I would suggest renting a movie or something but if neither of you want your parents to know that might not be possible.

Is there some sort of coffeshop around where you live?
You can allways go to the citycentre with her and do some shopping or whatever she fancies(you would probably need to get into a bus or something but she probably wont mind).

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2010, 5:04 am

our parents know about it already, so renting a movie sounds good.

the main problem with going to a mall, it that the only mall close to us is filled with expensive stores neither of us want to go to.

as for the coffeshop idea, we had lunch at a sushi bar, so that seems like it might be a good place to visit again (its also not very expensive, especially for how good the food is.)

there is the minor issue that I' moving in a month or two. not far away (its a ten minute drive), but we'll lose the convinience of being able to walk to each others houses.

then again, I've been looking for a reason to take driving lessons for a while now....

Surya
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2010, 2:27 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
KaiG wrote:
I've always wanted to invite a girl to sit on some swings under the stars. Swings are awesome.

hi5

I love swings! Oddly I didn't find out how much I liked them until I was an adult..
I used to get really bored at night, see who was on MSN/Skype and send them a mess then head to their place and drag them out for a walk about and we would go to a park and play on the swings - Sadly can't do that any more because everyone I knew that would do that sort of thing/or rather put up with me doing it to them, has gotten 'old', found some female and got married and has had children.. oh well..

So are you guys forward or backward spinners? Me backwards usually..

KaiG wrote:
Throw her a picnic under the stars on a grassy knoll where one can see the landscape and either the countryside (if you live in the country) or the city in which you live, lit up like a Christmas tree.

Moog wrote:
I often do dates in parks, cos I'm cheap and can't drive, and parks are nice. I say often, but it hasn't happened for a while.

hmmmm.. when I have suggested this to males, they thought they would 'come off as cheap'.
I don't think it is cheap, I think it is fun and there is nothing wrong with it if you already know the other person.
Know what the park is like/for at night :oops:
Not sure about the xmas tree though..

Gehringer wrote:
Ive known her for 9 years(!).

Gehringer wrote:
there is the minor issue that I' moving in a month or two. not far away (its a ten minute drive), but we'll lose the convinience of being able to walk to each others houses.

then again, I've been looking for a reason to take driving lessons for a while now....

The girl.. is the girl next door? Oh this is to cute..
A ten minute drive is nothing, you could bike that in no time even if you don't drive.

Gehringer wrote:
the main problem with going to a mall, it that the only mall close to us is filled with expensive stores neither of us want to go to.

She doesn't like expensive shops?!?!

She sounds awesome!

What kind of 'hobbies' do you guys have? It might help people to give you suggestions for places to go.
Depending on why she doesn't like going to expensive shops, she could be really easy to do things with.
Meaning, she doesn't like them because she is not materialistic... compared to, she doesn't like them because she can't afford them.

Luck!

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2010, 6:23 pm

actually, going to the park is exactly what we did after eating lunch. Its surprising that both of us still think swings are fun even though we're both 16...
as for the "picnic under the stars" idea, we both live in the suburbs: I'm lucky if I can spot Orion on a clear night.

Kefuie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2010, 3:09 am

You have to take that chance or you will watch her with someone else. You can tell her that you still want to be friends forever if she doesn't feel the same way. Remember- This might be the last chance you have to tell her. It sounds like she might have the same feelings for you. So just reveal your love for her. :D

Hope this gives you the confidence boost you needed.

Gehringer
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Aug 2010, 3:18 am

thanks kefuie, but we already know we're a couple; I just wanted suggestions on stuff to do together.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 11:06 am

Seems strange that you are best friends, yet don't seem to share hobbies. How does that happen?

Could it be that you both just need to get physical? Hugging, then kissing, then....?