So how do I get a boyfriend?

Page 7 of 24 [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

28 Sep 2010, 9:12 pm

Erisad wrote:
nick007 - I kind of can't pursue an online relationship. Long distance relationships are impossible to handle. That's what lead to my most recent ex to cheat on me. Besides, if both parties are emotionally unstable it won't lead anywhere but a murder and suicide. It's happened a million times. There needs to be one stable person in the relationship to keep the unstable one in check. :/

You've said both parties; so I'm assuming you are emotionally unstable. Most stable guys do NOT want unstable women. Maybe you should try working on yourself instead of getting in a relationship when you yourself don't want to be with someone who's unstable. I personally think two unstable people can help each other work true things & I don't think the distance is a factor if both people are committed to making it work. Your ex cheated on you because he's a f#cking horn-dog & he probably would of cheated anyways. People can relocate anyways 1ce things get serious. Somehow I feel I'm wasting my time with this post

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 28 Sep 2010, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:12 pm

Erisad wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I just love how so many of the posts in this thread have alluded to the fact that if you're fat and/or ugly, you may as well give up because no one wants you. Sadly, it's held true for me so far. :cry:

Erisad, that's just picky aspie men and some judgemental NTs, not the majority... if men really cared that much i should be lonely right now and i'm not. i'm married, and never mind the outside opportunities that may have presented themselves! :oops:

plus your guy friends IRL are maybe too young to appreciate big handfuls of REAL WOMAN. wait till you get older and build some more confidence... there are plenty of guys who will OMNOMNOM... (if the girls never manage to convert you to the other side. it's a noble cause).

Um...I can't wait too long, I do want to have kids someday. Knowing my luck, the biological clock will run out as soon as I'd meet someone willing. Adoption is too expensive, so I probably won't be able to afford it. I've never found women attractive. Not to mention, I'd never be able to afford one. I'm a writer. Writers = poor. If I'm lonely for too much longer, I don't see any confidence building. :(

ToadOfSteel - :(

nick007 - I kind of can't pursue an online relationship. Long distance relationships are impossible to handle. That's what lead to my most recent ex to cheat on me. Besides, if both parties are emotionally unstable it won't lead anywhere but a murder and suicide. It's happened a million times. There needs to be one stable person in the relationship to keep the unstable one in check. :/

naw, you don't need to wait years and years, but a few years or even a decade or two is not too bad... you can have kids at 40 you know!

please keep on going for it and try to love yourself... loving yourself is sexy and beautiful and honest.

AND keep in mind that you have already had more opportunities than lots of other men and women on the boards... remember that you did have some dates and a relationship before! many people cannot say the same thing. you have been fortunate, and are still very young.

(as an aside... older men may be the thing for you... sometimes they may be more openminded to a woman whose beauty spilleth over)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:26 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
naw, you don't need to wait years and years, but a few years or even a decade or two is not too bad... you can have kids at 40 you know!

please keep on going for it and try to love yourself... loving yourself is sexy and beautiful and honest.

AND keep in mind that you have already had more opportunities than lots of other men and women on the boards... remember that you did have some dates and a relationship before! many people cannot say the same thing. you have been fortunate, and are still very young.

(as an aside... older men may be the thing for you... sometimes they may be more openminded to a woman whose beauty spilleth over)

But if I have kids at 40, I'll be dead before they finish college or get married. Then I've orphaned my kids, good job me. I say "orphan" because bad marriages are almost a genetic trait in my family. My dad's working on marriage 4. So I'm pretty certain that he'll divorce me and chase some young thing. It's the popular thing to do these days: trick a girl into marrying you or just sleeping with her and leaving as soon as she's pregnant. If I said I loved myself, I'd be lying. I never have and I don't think I ever will. :/

...I'm pissed at an older(ish) guy right now. I have a post about it in the Haven right now. Apparently older guys can be just as fickle as guys my age. I feel so hopeless. :cry:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:31 pm

Erisad wrote:
But if I have kids at 40, I'll be dead before they finish college or get married. Then I've orphaned my kids, good job me. I say "orphan" because bad marriages are almost a genetic trait in my family. My dad's working on marriage 4. So I'm pretty certain that he'll divorce me and chase some young thing. It's the popular thing to do these days: trick a girl into marrying you or just sleeping with her and leaving as soon as she's pregnant. If I said I loved myself, I'd be lying. I never have and I don't think I ever will. :/

...I'm pissed at an older(ish) guy right now. I have a post about it in the Haven right now. Apparently older guys can be just as fickle as guys my age. I feel so hopeless. :cry:

Why are you so worried about having kids when you do NOT even have a guy yet :?: Do you care more about having a kid or having a partner :?: Guys tend to get freaked out by women who are desperate for kids because guys are afraide the women is trying to trap em or using em

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:32 pm

Erisad wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

:colors: <<<<<hey, look!! !! it's the rainbow mascot, Lesbian McGay!! !!

just kidding. {{{{{awkward aspie hugs}}}}}

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:33 pm

nick007 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I just love how so many of the posts in this thread have alluded to the fact that if you're fat and/or ugly, you may as well give up because no one wants you. Sadly, it's held true for me so far. :cry:

There's some guys on here like ToadOfSteal who would be interested in you but you are not interested in em. I think it's hypocritical to complain about others standards when you aren't willing to lower your own. That's the problem with the dating world

I would be interested if she was... my main turn on is being able to turn her on...

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:36 pm

nick007 wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Why are you so worried about having kids when you do NOT even have a guy yet :?: Do you care more about having a kid or having a partner :?: Guys tend to get freaked out by women who are desperate for kids because guys are afraide the women is trying to trap em or using em

I do care more about the guy but I want kids someday because I've always wanted to be a mom. When my teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up in kindergarten, that's what I told her. She seemed appalled because it was against feminist ideals. I was 5, what else was I supposed to say? ^_^

Then I got all wrapped up in the whole "Disney Princess" farce, teaching me that we can have our "happily ever after." BS. Those only happen to the beautiful. :/

hyperlexian - Lol, what? *awkward hug*

Hopeless_Hearts_Marie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2010, 10:08 pm

I still have yet to figure out how to find a guy and that they will be interested in me :(

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 2:32 am

Hopeless_Hearts_Marie wrote:
I still have yet to figure out how to find a guy and that they will be interested in me :(

Maybe you should start looking for other people with similar interests and try to join/start a club about something you like and pray to meet someone who likes you there.

For example there are plenty of other students at my uni with similar interests, for a month I just stared at them wondering how could I approach them without looking to desperate. A month afterwards a friend of mine suggested I made the first approach and I approached one of them(they were usually wearing stuff related to NBC so I mentioned I was also interested in NBC and we started talking about that, I lent the guy a book by tim burton and he introduced me to others).All I know is that I could still be waiting for one of them to approach me if I hadnt made the first move.

Sometimes when you try to meet new people you find someone that doesnt want to talk to you but dont let that get you down there is plenty of fish on the sea and those who reject you probably have no idea what they are missing since you seem to be an interesting person.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 3:23 am

Erisad wrote:

They probably gained that 'knowledge' from TV. It's basically not true, it just makes it a little harder.
My first girlfriend was overweight and not what an average person would call attractive, but she was smart and fun and OMG the sex :o At the time I had a friend going out with a pretty girl, and I wouldn't have traded places for anything :lol:
There much more than looks to life than looks.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 4:23 am

Erisad wrote:

I just love how you have alluded the fact that most men here have no problem dating a fat&/or ugly person if said person had some personality.
As a matter of fact if you have a look at the prefferences on the opposite sex thread( click here if you want to read it) you´ll see that most of the prefferences arent based on the looks.
For example I said I liked nerdy girls with similar intersts if possible.I dont care if they are chubby and I would only be worried if they were superthin and controlled everything they eat(I have my own self-steem issues and I dont want to have to deal with someone else´s as well).

There was also a thread about liking big thighs(Im unable to find it right now) and thats also considered a no-no for most guys, you have to tell yourself that there are guys out there that are looking for someone thats not a pretty face superhot girl because its out of their league or because they have tried that and now they are trying to find a relationship that goes beyond looks. .

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 7:21 am

The people who usually don't care about looks are usually either too old or the "easy" guy who will sleep with anything with breasts. Dating a guy that's a few years older is okay but not so old that he could be mistaken for my father. That's just gross. If a guy says he doesn't care about how a girl looks, he's lying or trying to be nice so she'll go home with him. It's usually, "I don't care how she looks BUT she can't be this, this or that" they end up completely contradicting themselves. :/

I know there is more to life than looks but it's frustrating being reminded that you're not good enough every day. :(

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 7:31 am

I like how you judged me before you even got to know me... :cry:

(no, not really...)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 7:33 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
I like how you judged me before you even got to know me... :cry:

(no, not really...)

Guys do it to me all the time so it isn't just you. :/

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 3:06 pm

Erisad~ I think your judgmental attitude if the rezone why you cant find a guy. If a guy was making judgmental post like this about women I'd bet lots of people would tell himto change his attitude

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 3:09 pm

nick007 wrote:
Erisad~ I think your judgmental attitude if the rezone why you cant find a guy. If a guy was making judgmental post like this about women I'd bet lots of people would tell himto change his attitude

I don't behave offline the same way I do online. I vent here because I really don't have anyone to talk to about this kind of stuff. Am I wrong though? Everyone cares about looks, even if they say they don't. :/