Page 5 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 6:58 pm

wefunction wrote:
Why do you want to get married and have kids at 21 years old?!

QFT

Nobody wants to be the child born to a 21 year old. I wouldn't want to be the spouse of a 21 year old. To compound that, a 21 year old Aspie is closer to a 17 year old NT.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:02 pm

No I didn't say i wanted kids or to marry now and i am just saying when i get older it make it become hard to see people i know around me marry and me being left out in the cold.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:04 pm

emlion wrote:
false!
see all the aspie men around here who are a hit with the ladies and in relationships. :)

yeah there's like...10?
(regulars I can name)

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:07 pm

Jamesy wrote:
No I didn't say i wanted kids or to marry now and i am just saying when i get older it make it become hard to see people i know around me marry and me being left out in the cold.

What's older? 25? 29? 30? 35? 40?

40 is 19 years from now. That's almost a whole other lifetime for you. Don't look so far ahead. There's no point. Focus on now. Stop borrowing trouble.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:11 pm

Kilroy wrote:
emlion wrote:
false!
see all the aspie men around here who are a hit with the ladies and in relationships. :)

yeah there's like...10?
(regulars I can name)

It is probably fairly uncommon for many happily married Aspies to show up in the Love & Dating forum, and also unlikely that they will spend much time discussing their happy relationship as it is not a cause of distress in their lives. Just because folks don't discuss this part of their lives doesn't mean they don't exist. I think I am unusual in that way.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:12 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
emlion wrote:
false!

yeah there's like...10?
(regulars I can name)

It is probably fairly uncommon for many happily married Aspies to show up in the Love & Dating forum, and also unlikely that they will spend much time discussing their happy relationship as it is not a cause of distress in their lives. Just because folks don't discuss this part of their lives doesn't mean they don't exist. I think I am unusual in that way.

I think males prefer to just enjoy the relationship than talk about it, maybe?
I think females prefer to gossip/discuss/compare, i don't know why though.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:16 pm

okay thanks. better just enjoy chilling out and getting drunk with my friends while i still can :P

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
what is worrying me is when people on this site say things like aspie men are doomed to a life of lonlieness and misery because they can't establish relationships.

It's the truth IMHO.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:44 pm

Jamesy wrote:
okay thanks. better just enjoy chilling out and getting drunk with my friends while i still can :P

Have a beer for me! :D

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:51 pm

nthach so why could u not establish relationships?

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:54 pm

Jamesy wrote:

He's only four years older than you!

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:56 pm

Jamesy wrote:

I'm an aspie. I have social interaction issues and problems approaching women and not coming off as creepy or aloof. I can't fix them. AS is a terminal disorder in my eyes. Social skills can't be taught well to an aspie. I'm f****d no matter how I slice the pie.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 7:56 pm

yeah whats your point about him only being 4 years older than me?

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 8:11 pm

Jamesy wrote:
yeah whats your point about him only being 4 years older than me?

He shouldn't be all settled in an established relationship.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 8:22 pm

nthach wrote:
I'm an aspie.

We know.

Quote:
I have social interaction issues and problems approaching women and not coming off as creepy or aloof.

Okay. Do what other aspies have done. Learn how not to be that way.

Quote:
I can't fix them.

If you say so. You're not the first man in history not to do anything worth doing because you never bothered to sort it out or work for it. So that's your choice.

Quote:
AS is a terminal disorder in my eyes.

Let me guess, because you're born with it and you die with it? There's a lot of things people are born with that they also die with. Like skin. But not tonsils. I no longer have my tonsils. Mind you, many manifestations of AS do have treatment, which differentiates it from being an actual terminal illness. But you can claim to have a terminal illness for as long as you wear all black and talk about how unfair it was that you're so misunderstood in a world you were never asked to be born into.

Quote:
Social skills can't be taught well to an aspie.

Speak for yourself! You refuse to learn. There's a difference.

Quote:
I'm f**** no matter how I slice the pie.

I like pie.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 8:33 pm

wefunction wrote:
nthach wrote:
I'm an aspie.

We know.

Quote:
I have social interaction issues and problems approaching women and not coming off as creepy or aloof.

Okay. Do what other aspies have done. Learn how not to be that way.

Quote:
I can't fix them.

If you say so. You're not the first man in history not to do anything worth doing because you never bothered to sort it out or work for it. So that's your choice.

Quote:
AS is a terminal disorder in my eyes.

Let me guess, because you're born with it and you die with it? There's a lot of things people are born with that they also die with. Like skin. But not tonsils. I no longer have my tonsils. Mind you, many manifestations of AS do have treatment, which differentiates it from being an actual terminal illness. But you can claim to have a terminal illness for as long as you wear all black and talk about how unfair it was that you're so misunderstood in a world you were never asked to be born into.

Quote:
Social skills can't be taught well to an aspie.

Speak for yourself! You refuse to learn. There's a difference.

Quote:
I'm f**** no matter how I slice the pie.

I like pie.

Everytime I try to change myself, I fail and get my ass handed to me. I just can't do it. I think suicide is my best option. Everytime I seek professional help, they just write me a prescription for Prozac or Zoloft and wish me a nice day.