Not really my type 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Do you really want me to answer that D: 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
You look like a comic book villain! o: 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 81

Mythricia
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Feb 2011, 1:01 am

She doesn't look bad. It's not really a flattering pictured though, to be completely honest! Trying to smile for a camera is usually grounds for disaster when it doesn't come naturally :)

First impression: That's not an honest smile.

I'd probably "see" her if I was out walking. My eyes tend to follow a lot of people who look decent, though. Sue me. Approaching someone randomly I would never do, so, can't answer that.

Things that could be improved or changed? That is such a hard question to begin answering. Nobody should have to change who they are, in my opinion, to make themselves attractive. Physically I don't know. She seems to take care of herself and looks tidy enough - beyond that, it's just too subjective. Maybe try letting the hair loose - but that's a personal preference, it think it looks great on most women :)

On a 1-10 scale, I refuse to answer. I can't judge how someone looks based on one pictured on a completely arbitrary scale.

No question about gender.

So, in short, I think you look good :) It's not a very flattering pictured though, I think it'd look better without trying to smile. I tried smiling on profile pictures I took of myself, but they all looked crap, so I decided the bored, tired, look I usually have on my face was the most honest, and looked the most natural on me.

Also, loose hair, go go, I'll give you a free +1 on your arbitrary rating ;)

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 1:26 am

the only thing i see wrong is that you are missing half of the smile

i'm guessing 20's

and about the eyebrow thing, i always wondered why women wax there eyebrows... i'm still wondering, seriously WHY?

if i saw you walking on the street i would not look twice, i would instantly become fascinated with a spec of dirt on my glasses, i do that when i see some one pretty :oops:

and 7, probably 8 if the picture was better

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 2:55 am

Titangeek wrote:
and about the eyebrow thing, i always wondered why women wax there eyebrows... i'm still wondering, seriously WHY?

People notice little things about you. Women especially are extremely scrutinised for their looks, weight and god knows what else. Also some people have overly thick eyebrows and it doesn't look good with their face.

I personally don't want to look like I have furry catipillars on my face, but it depends on the eyebrows in question. Removing those few extra hairs can enhance someone's appearance greatly, even if there is nothing wrong with what they look like to begin with.

All in all, it simply looks un-groomed. Like not brushing your hair or teeth, or not bothering to shave your legs. Some people can get away without doing it (The OP looks fine, i didn't even notice until it was brought up) and some can't.

I think it would enhance the OP's features if she shaped them, but I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them as they are.

May I ask you another question? Can you please post a pic of what you think are ungroomed eyebrows? Because it's likely all the girls you know do it and you simply think its naturally like that.

From my experience the majority of men think girls get out of bed with a full face of make up, fake tan, straightened and styles hair, flash clothes and jewellry. In other words, they have NO idea how much time and effort stereotypical "hot" girls put into their appearance.

Mx3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2011, 3:11 am

astaut wrote:
you should have your eyebrows waxed

Never ever say that to a girl!

Last edited by Mx3 on 07 Feb 2011, 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mx3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2011, 3:15 am

Is there a photo with a smile? She's cute but I bet she'd be really cute with a smile.
I have to admit I find her attractive. Does she like the arts?

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 9:01 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Titangeek wrote:

People notice little things about you. Women especially are extremely scrutinised for their looks, weight and god knows what else. Also some people have overly thick eyebrows and it doesn't look good with their face.

I personally don't want to look like I have furry catipillars on my face, but it depends on the eyebrows in question. Removing those few extra hairs can enhance someone's appearance greatly, even if there is nothing wrong with what they look like to begin with.

All in all, it simply looks un-groomed. Like not brushing your hair or teeth, or not bothering to shave your legs. Some people can get away without doing it (The OP looks fine, i didn't even notice until it was brought up) and some can't.

I think it would enhance the OP's features if she shaped them, but I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them as they are.

May I ask you another question? Can you please post a pic of what you think are ungroomed eyebrows? Because it's likely all the girls you know do it and you simply think its naturally like that.

From my experience the majority of men think girls get out of bed with a full face of make up, fake tan, straightened and styles hair, flash clothes and jewellry. In other words, they have NO idea how much time and effort stereotypical "hot" girls put into their appearance.

I agree with everything you are saying!

There is nothing wrong with grooming oneself, making yourself look more feminine or wearing a bit of makeup. It makes a lot of girls feel better about themselves. As a kid I looked like a boy (I'm not one). I didn't want to so I plucked my eyebrows, got rid of my bit of mustache and grew my hair longer. I feel much better about myself now.

Just to get it out there, I am a lesbian and I am not attracted AT ALL to very girly girls. But I'm not attracted to girls who look a mess either. Is this shallow? If so, well most people are like this. They just don't admit it.

When you put yourself together it looks like you care about yourself, like you have confidence, and that is what draws others to you.

alone
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2011, 10:47 am

Omg you are really brave, lol, remember you are opening yourself up to what attracts someone to someone else. You must be asking for a reason and I hope it is because you have met someone and you've been told you are the most beautiful girl in the world. If you are asking because you would like to turn more heads and be noticed then I guess you have to project that for it to happen. You aren't all glammed up so I'm thinking you aren't the flash it up type so a little glam...makeup, hair down, clothes might change how much you get noticed. I do hope it is because someone is crazy about you and is telling you nice things.

:wink:

Last edited by alone on 07 Feb 2011, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 12:17 pm

Yeah she's nice looking, maybe if she lost just a little bit of weight she would look better.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 12:25 pm

a-howch

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 1:09 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
May I ask you another question? Can you please post a pic of what you think are ungroomed eyebrows?

was this question directed at me?

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

08 Feb 2011, 12:26 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Kiseki wrote:
You know, doing those things doesn't make you a dopey bimbo.

This pretty much sums up my opinion on grooming eyebrows. If plucking your eyebrows makes you a dopey bimbo, god have mercy on 3/4 of the adult female population.

It's ignorant sh*t like this which is the reason a lot of people here get alienated in society. Not because you have aspergers. Because you're so quick to tear others to shreds.

There is nothing wrong with plucking eyebrows and wearing makeup. I just think it's downright sick that to many people a person is not "presentable", they are offensive to the eyes, unless they do such things to conform into some narrow image. That attitude is what is alienating and downright misanthropic. My point was that different people groom themselves differently, different people have different preferences, nobody should do anything they don't feel like doing. Maybe I'm quick to "tear others to shreds", but if so it's just a defensive reaction to how bad "society" treats everyone to begin with.

utherdoul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2011, 12:13 pm

to the OP. I find you quite alluring.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 1:52 pm

I was in a class for Public Speaking in college and there was a student who got up and taught us all how to put on eye make-up. We were supposed to provide speech critique comments to her. On my paper, I wrote, "That was new." The teacher really thought I was being sarcastic (my speeches all revolved around Ancient History with exception of one, which demonstrated how to properly change a toilet paper roll) so I actually had to explain to both the teacher and the speaker that I did not know how to put on eye make-up and that was new to me. To this day, I still put on eye make up the way she taught in her speech and, if you look online for tips, that's exactly how it's taught there, too.

Occasionally, I pluck eyebrows. It muddafriggin hurts so I don't do that often and seriously couldn't imagine putting wax there. When I dye my hair (I dye out grey and sometimes experiment with different colors), I also add some of that color to my brows. I have a little brush/comb thing that grooms them, keeps 'em all uniform. My husband also grooms his brows... he makes sure that there's always two of them and they're all the same short length. He's got a little $10 buzzy thing that does that. In a Wii poll, both my husband and I answered that we did not consider ourselves "trendy", so for non-trendy people, we still groom quite a bit and care about our appearance.

I think if people want to groom themselves to fantastic lengths, that's their choice. It's their body, they ought to have the freedom to look how they want to look. I'd hope that they're still well-rounded people with a variety of interests and priorities, but I don't see anything wrong with having an interest in fashion or personal style. To each their own. The only time I'd care to intervene is if someone is killing themselves, like with an eating disorder. I see no reason why denying yourself nutrition so others can see your ribs and every individual vertebrae has to be accepted as fashion. That's a mental illness.

Beauty manifests in many forms. The OP has a classic portrayal of beauty, like a Mona Lisa. While she'd surely turn heads in every room if she painted her face with make-up and styled her hair, there's not a lot she needs to do to captivate attention and motivate others to get to know her. I think this thread proves that.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 3:58 pm

@OP; to be bluntly honest, when I used dating sites, I would skip over profiles which only had one picture. Only with several pictures, you can "kinda" tell what a person looks like. So my answer is, "I don't know".

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 8:32 pm

There's nothing wrong with her face but her hairstyle makes her forehead look too big cuz of the hairline so maybe she should try a layered hairstyle and see how that works out. She doesn't really look like she's into the smile, so that's something she could work on. A nice smile on a chick makes her so much sexier.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 11:08 pm

I'd say you have a good amount to work with, ie. you look decent in this picture and your clearly not done up. For how your style looks right now you'd probably be at your most magnetic if you were good at putting of a Michelle Rodriguez type vibe and being a bit on the snarkier side.

If that's not so much what you're getting at, the next best thing to do is figure out who out there in TV land or IRL - if anyone - presents themselves outwardly as you see yourself inwardly and see how you can draw that out with fashion. Unfortunately I wish I could do that myself but, there's no archetype that fits me, you may be in the same situation as well and if that's the case just keep doing your best to piece your style together as you go.