Shaming Tactics against males.

Page 6 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
lilypadfad wrote:
Quote:
People ditch women with no social skills too you know.
And a lot of guys write off women with little sexual experience.

What parallel universe are you living in? Is New Zealand currently located in Bizarro world? Men don't give two s**ts about "social skills". Most guys love quiet, shy (read: submissive) women, if you can pander to his ego at the same time, you just hit the golden triad of personality traits. White guys don't fetishize Asian girls for their looks ya know. If you can't press your boobs into a guy and kiss him or if you sound like Doofy from Scary Movie, then yeah you have problems, but you can work on it. It's nothing compared to the social prowess expected of men in order to be attractive.

Seriously? Well I'll have to explain that to all the guys who have ditched me because of it.

Quote:
And writing off a woman with little sexual experience? WHAT THE HELL? NEWSFLASH! the less sexual experience a girl has the better!

"I'm sorry darling, this just isn't going to work out. You see, you didn't sleep with enough men before me. What a shame."

lol. no. If a guy has ever said that to you, I _guarantee_ it was something else, he told you that to make you feel better (by giving you a reason that would otherwise increase your value to EVERY other man on the planet)

Don't get sarcastic to me, just because you think so does not mean it's common. Again, I'll have to tell that to all the guys who have laughed in my face or ditched me because of it.

Honestly, you are portraying a huge amount of ignorance in stupidity. How old are you? You don't know sh*t about what you're talking about, you're just taking age old stereotypes and going with them.

Quote:
Rare, yes, but they don't publicise it. Not even to other men, too many white knights out there who in out of concern for the girls (read: jealousy) would tip one of them off. Someone you know may be playing more than one woman against each other, he probably wouldn't tell you.

How do you know then?

What kind of guys did you go out with that laughed in your face about it? That does not sound very common. Most guys would not be doing that.......unless you both really had some other compatibility problems and the dude was just a bitter schmuck.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
lightening020 wrote:
Again it seems like woman have this self-serving idea that they are better, and that men are lower than them. Men like us have to settle for the "bottom" and not complain. I should be thankful that an obese woman would give me the light of day right?

well, yes. you should be thankful if someone finds you attractive a a lot of people struggle with getting enough of that. and what's wrong with obese women that you have relegated them to the very bottom? fat chicks are not the dregs, you know.

i'm senseng the exact reverse of what you are accusing... you seem to be saying that really large women are beneath you, and that they are not worth your time because you are somehow better than them.

People are people. You are lying if you or anyone says they don't have at least some disdain for obese people. When was the last time you spoke to an obese person, went out of your weigh to help them? When was the last time you acknowledged their existence?

You are lying to yourself if you think that obese people are valued just as much as healthy people.

Again I am not trying to say I hate people that I don't know. If someone weighs what they weigh and is ok with it then fine. Plenty of underweight people don't feel ok with themselves. As long as you feel good about yourself that is what matters. But they don't concern me. Since I am relatively in shape, I want the same. If I wasn't, then I wouldnt be able to be able criticize.

At the same time, I am not attracted to woman who aren't healthy. To ignore this, would be lying to myself, and that would be dishonest to her. Not cool

Last edited by lightening020 on 07 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neotokyomushroom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2011, 7:26 pm

Women do get looked over over for a social skills defocit. Not by me but I like most here am unusual.

I know the dating scene of male and female from a bi male perspective. I am not what you could call alpha, I could never bother to act as what is known that way. I have had success with what PUAs misterm as HBs.

I am placid, I am poor. I don't pretend to be anyone else however. Believe it or not some women do go for a guy they like. Being nice as opposed to "nice" or "bad" is an advantage.

I like many people, not fake interest, real interest. PUA has it's points but it's not real psychology, it's pseudo-psychology. Overall it's rather venomous.

I admit men are easier, that is not a mystery. The last time I went into a gay club I "pulled" in under a minute.This however was not a relationship and he turned out to be a predator. These are the sort of things women have to worry about.

If you get to see things from both sides you will have a different perspective, until then please believe it when I say a woman may actually like genuine personality. If you don't believe me try living as me and you are in for a shock.

The PUA view on men is false too. Some of us have standards.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

lightening020 wrote:
People are people. You are lying if you or anyone says they don't have at least some disdain for obese people. When was the last time you spoke to an obese person, went out of your weigh to help them? When was the last time you acknowledged their existence?

You are lying to yourself if you think that obese people are valued just as much as healthy people.

I speak to anyone who seems cool regardless of how fat they are. I would help anyone who looks like they are struggling.
WE aren't lying to ourselves. You're just projecting your bigotry onto us. Also can you please stop using "healthy" to describe people who are not obese. Because being normal sized of thin does not mean the person is looking after themselves. At least call them "normal sized" or "thin".

Quote:
Again I am not trying to say I hate people that I don't know.

You don't have to. Your post already did.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 7:36 pm

lightening020 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
lightening020 wrote:
Again it seems like woman have this self-serving idea that they are better, and that men are lower than them. Men like us have to settle for the "bottom" and not complain. I should be thankful that an obese woman would give me the light of day right?

well, yes. you should be thankful if someone finds you attractive a a lot of people struggle with getting enough of that. and what's wrong with obese women that you have relegated them to the very bottom? fat chicks are not the dregs, you know.

i'm senseng the exact reverse of what you are accusing... you seem to be saying that really large women are beneath you, and that they are not worth your time because you are somehow better than them.

In what society is it okay to treat obese people like lepers? Blinking norah

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 7:37 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
lightening020 wrote:

I speak to anyone who seems cool regardless of how fat they are. I would help anyone who looks like they are struggling.

Quote:
Again I am not trying to say I hate people that I don't know.

You don't have to. Your post already did.

I am trying to say something that I believe in, but you won't listen. It looks as though hate obese people.

I don't, but I can find them annoying like anyone else in public situations like being seated next to someone on the airplane. Would you be ok with that?

Of course this is a controversial subject. Society values people based on attractiveness. I am just trying to say what I believe is the truth. Of course I "hate fat people". Thanks for completely killing any chance of having a real discussion.

And you didn't answer the question: what guys did you go out with that laughed in the your face?

And would you guy out with an obese guy?

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

Moog wrote:
lightening020 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
lightening020 wrote:

In what society is it okay to treat obese people like lepers? Blinking norah

It's not. I just wouldn't go out of my way to engage them in conversation. But then again I almost never go out of my way to engage anyone in conversation. That is just me, if there was a chance that I am going out of my way, it wouldnt be them.

If I was a more sociable guy, then yes I probably would talk to everybody.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm

MountZion wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Moog wrote:
lilypadfad wrote:
I just thought of another way of understanding those graphs. Let's say everyone in the world pairs off with each other, one man for every woman, no harems. The only two people left are the two most unattractive people in the world. The woman's fat and ugly, the man is an unaccomplished hermit oozing beta behaviour, who's also ugly as sin.

The man would rather be with her than with no one at all, the woman would sooner eat a bullet than be with him.

And your source for this fact is...?

<sarcasm> Obviously, it's "personal experience." As we all know, anecdotes and personal observations carry much more weight than empirical evidence backed by peer-reviewed sources.

I've been in bars and clubs too. I've seen ugly males disdain fat chicks quite often. This PROVES that the last man on Earth wouldn't have sex with a fat chick, even if she was his only option. I've seen it in clubs and bars with my own two eyes and my fat female friends who have trouble getting dates will back me up; therefore it's PROVEN. Most, if not all, men act one way, and most, if not all, women act another. It's a fact. </sarcasm>

Now I remember why I took a vacation from internet forums. ..... :? My "stupidity tolerance bucket" overfloweth.

It must be different where I live lol. I know decent looking guys that don't get laid, while fat girls get laid all the time (hell, I like a thick girl if I think she's pretty, not too too fat though lol).

I don't think anyone has it harder than each other, I find that whoever has negative energy, people tend to gravitate away from that person unless they are moderately attractive for some reason (male or female). I won't deny that women have their "advantages" in the dating department, but women don't actually see this as an advantage, that's just the way it is.

I don't know, I've never dated properly anyway, so I'm speculating & observing others. When I'm a successful dater, I'll let you know.

It was sarcasm (mostly).

But I've seen people of both sexes get passed over for being fat by people of both sexes. As for the eternal "who has it easier question," I agree that neither has it "easier." Women have an "easier" time attracting one-night stands from creepy loser males, but that's about it. The women I'm acquainted with generally don't consider a one-night-stand to be the equivalent of a real relationship the way some men seem to. Ultimately, I suspect that honest, fulfilling relationships between good-hearted people are just hard to come by, regardless of who you happen to be.

In any case, my MAIN point was that certain posters seem pretty vehemently trying to pass their "personal experience" off as "objective fact." That's a fairly stupid thing to do on a regular discussion board, but it's extremely stupid to attempt it on an Aspie board. Personally, I couldn't give a winged rat turd about someone's "personal observations" as a measure of objective reality.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:28 pm

lightening020 wrote:
It's not. I just wouldn't go out of my way to engage them in conversation. But then again I almost never go out of my way to engage anyone in conversation. That is just me, if there was a chance that I am going out of my way, it wouldnt be them.

But you would go out of your way to engage a "normal" sized person in conversation? Yeah, seems like you hate obese people to me. Unless you're talking about people you're trying to HIT ON.

lightening020 wrote:
I am trying to say something that I believe in, but you won't listen. It looks as though hate obese people.

Well say it more clearly then.

Quote:
I don't, but I can find them annoying like anyone else in public situations like being seated next to someone on the airplane. Would you be ok with that?

Yes. I would have a problem sitting next to someone on a plane who
1. Mouth breathes
2. Stinks

Neither of those are more exclusive to fat people.

Quote:
And you didn't answer the question: what guys did you go out with that laughed in the your face?

You don't know them. But none of them were alpha males, and they thought less of me being a virgin at my age. (older than 16)

Quote:

In regards to what you think is obese, yes, I would. In fact I would rather have a slightly overweight guy to one who is athletic or skinny.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:30 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
MountZion wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Moog wrote:
lilypadfad wrote:
I just thought of another way of understanding those graphs. Let's say everyone in the world pairs off with each other, one man for every woman, no harems. The only two people left are the two most unattractive people in the world. The woman's fat and ugly, the man is an unaccomplished hermit oozing beta behaviour, who's also ugly as sin.

The man would rather be with her than with no one at all, the woman would sooner eat a bullet than be with him.

And your source for this fact is...?

<sarcasm> Obviously, it's "personal experience." As we all know, anecdotes and personal observations carry much more weight than empirical evidence backed by peer-reviewed sources.

I've been in bars and clubs too. I've seen ugly males disdain fat chicks quite often. This PROVES that the last man on Earth wouldn't have sex with a fat chick, even if she was his only option. I've seen it in clubs and bars with my own two eyes and my fat female friends who have trouble getting dates will back me up; therefore it's PROVEN. Most, if not all, men act one way, and most, if not all, women act another. It's a fact. </sarcasm>

Now I remember why I took a vacation from internet forums. ..... :? My "stupidity tolerance bucket" overfloweth.

It must be different where I live lol. I know decent looking guys that don't get laid, while fat girls get laid all the time (hell, I like a thick girl if I think she's pretty, not too too fat though lol).

I don't think anyone has it harder than each other, I find that whoever has negative energy, people tend to gravitate away from that person unless they are moderately attractive for some reason (male or female). I won't deny that women have their "advantages" in the dating department, but women don't actually see this as an advantage, that's just the way it is.

I don't know, I've never dated properly anyway, so I'm speculating & observing others. When I'm a successful dater, I'll let you know.

It was sarcasm (mostly).

But I've seen people of both sexes get passed over for being fat by people of both sexes. As for the eternal "who has it easier question," I agree that neither has it "easier." Women have an "easier" time attracting one-night stands from creepy loser males, but that's about it. The women I'm acquainted with generally don't consider a one-night-stand to be the equivalent of a real relationship the way some men seem to. Ultimately, I suspect that honest, fulfilling relationships between good-hearted people are just hard to come by, regardless of who you happen to be.

In any case, my MAIN point was that certain posters seem pretty vehemently trying to pass their "personal experience" off as "objective fact." That's a fairly stupid thing to do on a regular discussion board, but it's extremely stupid to attempt it on an Aspie board. Personally, I couldn't give a winged rat turd about someone's "personal observations" as a measure of objective reality.

Yes obviously both hard it hard. but one-night stands really? Do we need to make a poll on how many girl vs guys are in a relationship right now? The percentage of guys who have never been in a relationship, vs the percentage of girls who have never been in a relationship?

Both have it hard, but its clear who has an easier time actually finding a partner. Any experience, even if bad is still more helpful than none at all. Just keep that in mind.

And one-night stands? Really? This may come as a shock to some girls on here but, I don't think most guys are looking for one-night stands.

Molecular_Biologist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
i'm going to explain... again... and again... as necessary... that there are an approximately equal number of single men and women on the planet (heterosexual). mathematically, this is the case. for every woman who gets taken off the market, there is a man to match.

an equal number of members of each gender are lonely.i doubt that the members of either gender are happy about that situation. it is hard for both men and women. not many people really want to be alone, and it isn't easier for one gender or another.

it isn't surprising to me that the men who express the most misogynistic posts in general are the ones who argue most strenuously that women have it so easy. i guess it is easier to demonise someone who is viewed as the enemy.

Not true.

It is much harder to be at the bottom of the totem pole if you are a man rather than a woman.

That is because sucessful men (or bad boy PUA) tend to monopolize multiple women, while the less attractive men are left to do without.

When monogamy was enforced by patriarchal religious customs, this was not the case.

With the advent of the sexual revolution human mating paterns are reverting back toward more primitive social arrangements that mirror what occurs in primate populations (Alpha males have a harem of multiple females, while a much larger number of males are excluded entirely).

Quote:
The first big, basic difference has to do with what I consider to be the most underappreciated fact about gender. Consider this question: What percent of our ancestors were women?

It’s not a trick question, and it’s not 50%. True, about half the people who ever lived were women, but that’s not the question. We’re asking about all the people who ever lived who have a descendant living today. Or, put another way, yes, every baby has both a mother and a father, but some of those parents had multiple children.

Recent research using DNA analysis answered this question about two years ago. Today’s human population is descended from twice as many women as men.

I think this difference is the single most underappreciated fact about gender. To get that kind of difference, you had to have something like, throughout the entire history of the human race, maybe 80% of women but only 40% of men reproduced.

Right now our field is having a lively debate about how much behavior can be explained by evolutionary theory. But if evolution explains anything at all, it explains things related to reproduction, because reproduction is at the heart of natural selection. Basically, the traits that were most effective for reproduction would be at the center of evolutionary psychology. It would be shocking if these vastly different reproductive odds for men and women failed to produce some personality differences.

For women throughout history (and prehistory), the odds of reproducing have been pretty good. Later in this talk we will ponder things like, why was it so rare for a hundred women to get together and build a ship and sail off to explore unknown regions, whereas men have fairly regularly done such things? But taking chances like that would be stupid, from the perspective of a biological organism seeking to reproduce. They might drown or be killed by savages or catch a disease. For women, the optimal thing to do is go along with the crowd, be nice, play it safe. The odds are good that men will come along and offer sex and you’ll be able to have babies. All that matters is choosing the best offer. We’re descended from women who played it safe.

For men, the outlook was radically different. If you go along with the crowd and play it safe, the odds are you won’t have children. Most men who ever lived did not have descendants who are alive today. Their lines were dead ends. Hence it was necessary to take chances, try new things, be creative, explore other possibilities. Sailing off into the unknown may be risky, and you might drown or be killed or whatever, but then again if you stay home you won’t reproduce anyway. We’re most descended from the type of men who made the risky voyage and managed to come back rich. In that case he would finally get a good chance to pass on his genes. We’re descended from men who took chances (and were lucky).

The huge difference in reproductive success very likely contributed to some personality differences, because different traits pointed the way to success. Women did best by minimizing risks, whereas the successful men were the ones who took chances. Ambition and competitive striving probably mattered more to male success (measured in offspring) than female. Creativity was probably more necessary, to help the individual man stand out in some way. Even the sex drive difference was relevant: For many men, there would be few chances to reproduce and so they had to be ready for every sexual opportunity. If a man said “not today, I have a headache,” he might miss his only chance.

Another crucial point. The danger of having no children is only one side of the male coin. Every child has a biological mother and father, and so if there were only half as many fathers as mothers among our ancestors, then some of those fathers had lots of children.

Look at it this way. Most women have only a few children, and hardly any have more than a dozen — but many fathers have had more than a few, and some men have actually had several dozen, even hundreds of kids.

In terms of the biological competition to produce offspring, then, men outnumbered women both among the losers and among the biggest winners.

To put this in more subjective terms: When I walk around and try to look at men and women as if seeing them for the first time, it’s hard to escape the impression (sorry, guys!) that women are simply more likeable and lovable than men. (This I think explains the “WAW effect” mentioned earlier.) Men might wish to be lovable, and men can and do manage to get women to love them (so the ability is there), but men have other priorities, other motivations. For women, being lovable was the key to attracting the best mate. For men, however, it was more a matter of beating out lots of other men even to have a chance for a mate.

Tradeoffs again: perhaps nature designed women to seek to be lovable, whereas men were designed to strive, mostly unsuccessfully, for greatness.

And it was worth it, even despite the “mostly unsuccessfully” part. Experts estimate Genghis Khan had several hundred and perhaps more than a thousand children. He took big risks and eventually conquered most of the known world. For him, the big risks led to huge payoffs in offspring. My point is that no woman, even if she conquered twice as much territory as Genghis Khan, could have had a thousand children. Striving for greatness in that sense offered the human female no such biological payoff. For the man, the possibility was there, and so the blood of Genghis Khan runs through a large segment of today’s human population. By definition, only a few men can achieve greatness, but for the few men who do, the gains have been real. And we are descended from those great men much more than from other men. Remember, most of the mediocre men left no descendants at all.

edit: fixed link

Last edited by Molecular_Biologist on 07 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

lightening020 wrote:

ohhh not sure when i last acknowledged an obese person.... maybe.... the last time i looked in a mirror and admired myself? and even when i was thin i treated them very well. so what if they are fat? they are worthwhiile human beings.

lightening020 wrote:

sure they are. maybe not valued as supermodels. but see worthwhile human beings, above.

A
lightening020 wrote:
gain I am not trying to say I hate people that I don't know. If someone weighs what they weigh and is ok with it then fine. Plenty of underweight people don't feel ok with themselves. As long as you feel good about yourself that is what matters. But they don't concern me. Since I am relatively in shape, I want the same. If I wasn't, then I wouldnt be able to be able criticize.

there's nothing for you to criticise. they aren't beneath you.

lightening020 wrote:
At the same time, I am not attracted to woman who aren't healthy. To ignore this, would be lying to myself, and that would be dishonest to her. Not cool

doesn't matter who you're attracted to. what matters is that you think they are beneath you. they really aren't. not much else to say. this isn't negotiable or something... obese people are simply just as good as anyone else.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
lightening020 wrote:

But you would go out of your way to engage a "normal" sized person in conversation? Yeah, seems like you hate obese people to me. Unless you're talking about people you're trying to HIT ON.

lightening020 wrote:

Well say it more clearly then.

Quote:

Yes. I would have a problem sitting next to someone on a plane who
1. Mouth breathes
2. Stinks

Neither of those are more exclusive to fat people.

Quote:

You don't know them. But none of them were alpha males, and they thought less of me being a virgin at my age. (older than 16)

Quote:

In regards to what you think is obese, yes, I would. In fact I would rather have a slightly overweight guy to one who is athletic or skinny.

What dictionary did you use to look up the definition of "obese"?

Of course I wouldn't know the guys you went out with, you live in another continent. None of them were the alpha-male type? That is very descriptive by the way. What are the attributes in your eyes of an alpha-male?

Like I said "Hate" is the wrong word. Just like "Racist", and"Prejudiced", like I have some type of mental bias or a vendetta against people that have done me wrong. Or an irrational hatred of people just because they aren't like me, or because I perceive myself to be better than them.

"Repulsed" is a more accurate word. "Repulsed" is a knee-jerk reaction. There is no thought, there is no deep down programming about it. If someone looks like a slob, I am repulsed. I would not want to be in their near proximity, much less date them. That is just their physical appearance, true. But that initial-judgement counts for alot.

Again reminding you that I don't "hate" anybody I don't know, but I can be disgusted. It is a natural reaction.

Would you be repulsed by a man wearing a swastika t-shirt? Yes of course you would. You don't know them personally. Maybe they didn't know what it meant. Do you have a right to judge someone that wears that. Yes you do.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:47 pm

Neotokyomushroom wrote:
Women do get looked over over for a social skills defocit. Not by me but I like most here am unusual.

I know the dating scene of male and female from a bi male perspective. I am not what you could call alpha, I could never bother to act as what is known that way. I have had success with what PUAs misterm as HBs.

I am placid, I am poor. I don't pretend to be anyone else however. Believe it or not some women do go for a guy they like. Being nice as opposed to "nice" or "bad" is an advantage.

I like many people, not fake interest, real interest. PUA has it's points but it's not real psychology, it's pseudo-psychology. Overall it's rather venomous.

I admit men are easier, that is not a mystery. The last time I went into a gay club I "pulled" in under a minute.This however was not a relationship and he turned out to be a predator. These are the sort of things women have to worry about.

If you get to see things from both sides you will have a different perspective, until then please believe it when I say a woman may actually like genuine personality. If you don't believe me try living as me and you are in for a shock.

The PUA view on men is false too. Some of us have standards.

awesome post, agree on all points.

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2011, 8:48 pm

Quote:
Seriously? Well I'll have to explain that to all the guys who have ditched me because of it.

Quote:
Don't get sarcastic to me, just because you think so does not mean it's common. Again, I'll have to tell that to all the guys who have laughed in my face or ditched me because of it.

I'm just... my jaw is on the floor ... I cannot believe... I'll have to take your word for it, but this is the first time I have ever heard of a man rejecting a woman because she didn't have enough experience in bed. I don't think it's ever happened in the history of man.

Possibilities? Lying to save your feelings? Said that already, that seems the most likely to me - it was probably the weight, sorry.
I can understand men leaving a woman who wouldn't do something he liked in bed, but that's not the same.
I have also witnessed schoolboys making fun of a girl who was fat "Nahnahnah you'll never get laid" that kind of thing. Cruel, but it's not quite the same as a rejection.

@Hyperlexian
Quote:
Women would rather share a top man than have a lesser man to themselves

What's wrong with my oft-cited "40% of men successfully reproduced in pre-history study here? Before you say, all men are rapists and we forced the women into it. Why didn't the the blueballed betas do the same thing it's pretty easy to get a woman pregnant with no contraceptives ya know? Why did women evolve a sex drive at all if they had no say in the matter? There is female choice present in that statistic.

You know full well studies on this sort of thing are borderline taboo, for the same reason I don't scream "give me data" when you spout some drivel about there being more or less the same number of perma-single men as there are perma-single women. Or that women have it just as hard as men.
There are however studies that show women respond positively to a lot of things taught in Game. Another said women respond positively to narcissistic or psychopathic men. There's the fact that every serial killer in the world has a legion of female fans. I recall a study that said the number of children a man conceives correlates with the number of criminal convictions he acquires. I remember was a study that hinted to the existence of female preselection in mates. I also recall a study that showed that genital herpies in America (highly infectious, insidious disease - equally infectious to both sexes btw) was carried by twice as many women as men, it was held up as proof of hypergamy by the blogosphere, that a smaller minority of men were getting most of the sex. If you really want, I'll track them down again.

I don't recall anything like that for the nature of female cheating however. But I am privy to the kind of crap that goes down in divorce courts on a daily basis. Women are vindictive cows in those courts, they do whatever they possibly can to deprive a man of as much money as they can and if possible access to his children, just to punish him - even if it's a "no fault" divorce! False accusations of assault or child molestation are common tactics (although in their defense, I've heard lawyers sometimes are the ones who suggest that).
I have more anecdotes that men's love fades like the embers in a fire, while womens fades like pouring a bucket of water over said fire, but why bother. Perhaps if you examined your own relationships and those of your friends honestly, you'd see there's more than a grain of truth there.

Naughty comments removed.

Last edited by lilypadfad on 08 Sep 2011, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

lightening020 wrote:
Yes obviously both hard it hard. but one-night stands really? Do we need to make a poll on how many girl vs guys are in a relationship right now? The percentage of guys who have never been in a relationship, vs the percentage of girls who have never been in a relationship?

Silly internet polls on silly internet forums don't "prove" much of anything.

Quote:
Both have it hard, but its clear who has an easier time actually finding a partner.

No, it isn't.

Quote:
Any experience, even if bad is still more helpful than none at all. Just keep that in mind.

No, it isn't.

Quote:
And one-night stands? Really? This may come as a shock to some girls on here but, I don't think most guys are looking for one-night stands.

You don't speak for "most guys."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Last edited by XFilesGeek on 07 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.