Have you ever dated a psychopath/narcissist?

Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 4:26 pm

League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Moog wrote:
ESPies would be psychic aspies right? :wink:

Correct. :lol:

At least she didn't say Ass-burgers. Anyone using that gets an instant ban! :evil:

Are you joking?

Yes, he's joking. I think he''s humorously expressing a personal dislike for that particular term.

Last edited by Moog on 14 Jan 2012, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 4:26 pm

League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Moog wrote:

At least she didn't say Ass-burgers. Anyone using that gets an instant ban! :evil:

Are you joking?

:wink:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 4:31 pm

TallyMan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Moog wrote:

Are you joking?

What does that smiley indicate? Yes?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 4:47 pm

League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Moog wrote:

Are you joking?

Yes I'm joking! Though I do personally really really dislike that word and find it quite demeaning / offensive. It only tends to be used by trolls though who join the site to taunt or make fun of us.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:24 pm

TallyMan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Moog wrote:

Are you joking?

Yes I'm joking! Though I do personally really really dislike that word and find it quite demeaning / offensive. It only tends to be used by trolls though who join the site to taunt or make fun of us.

Thats actually how I have always pronounced it and heard it pronounced.

Thick Southern accents though.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:39 pm

TallyMan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Moog wrote:

Are you joking?

Ah I see. I thought you were serious until superboyian told me you were joking. I have used that word myself to refer as*holes with AS and I have mentioned that word when I was talking about my South Park fanfiction and I had it titled that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

14 Jan 2012, 6:14 pm

League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
Moog wrote:

Are you joking?

Ah I see. I thought you were serious until superboyian told me you were joking. I have used that word myself to refer as*holes with AS and I have mentioned that word when I was talking about my South Park fanfiction and I had it titled that.

Your tempting me to use it. I'm able to resist this temptation because I decided a day or so ago to change a word in the Adult section & that's funnier :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

14 Jan 2012, 6:33 pm

Thanx for that info LeagueGirl & Wonderwomen :D I can easily understand why others thought I was narcissistic. My personality was a bit different then. . I realize now that I was not really narcissistic even thou I did have some of that behavior. I was taking advantage of some people amongst other things but it was NOT intentional; it was because I did not know how else to deal. I was kind of acting out due to depression & frustration over my life & problems partly due to my Aspie issues.
So to answer the post title question; I have NOT dated a psychopath or a narcissist

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

I don't know if she would qualify as a narcissist, but I unsuccessfully pursued someone who called me weak and unmotivated because I asked for relationship advice. She expects to never have to give emotional support, never accepts responsibility for anything she does, considers people who don't do everything the exact same way she does to be weak, lazy, and unmotivated, she expects no burdens or inconveniences, she considers anyone who tells her something she doesn't want to hear to be a manipulator, she expects everything to be handed to her, and to never to do any of the work needed in a relationship.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 1:49 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I don't know if she would qualify as a narcissist, but I unsuccessfully pursued someone who called me weak and unmotivated because I asked for relationship advice. She expects to never have to give emotional support, never accepts responsibility for anything she does, considers people who don't do everything the exact same way she does to be weak, lazy, and unmotivated, she expects no burdens or inconveniences, she considers anyone who tells her something she doesn't want to hear to be a manipulator, she expects everything to be handed to her, and to never to do any of the work needed in a relationship.

Sounds like it. Especially how she never accepts responsibility for anything she does. Narcissism is characterized by denial, and refusing to face reality, no matter what. It actually can be laughable. My friend who was a classic narcissist got tipsy and almost got us killed driving home, but it was my fault because I LET him get drunk, yet when I asked if he had been drinking he told me to mind my own business, even comparing me to an overbearing father!

You cannot win with a psychopath or narcissist.

Berns
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2012, 3:06 am

Psychopath. My last girlfriend and I only went on a couple of dates, we never even kissed, but already she had started planning marriage, a house and a baby! And in the end, she broke up with me, asking to be friends.

That was 9 years ago and I've been single ever since. Whew.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 4:47 am

Berns wrote:
Psychopath. My last girlfriend and I only went on a couple of dates, we never even kissed, but already she had started planning marriage, a house and a baby! And in the end, she broke up with me, asking to be friends.

Dude, that's not a psychopath, that's just an idiot.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 6:01 am

Berns wrote:

That's not what a psychopath is. It sounds like you're using the term in the colloquial way rather than the actual medical way. Look up what a psychopath actually is then reevaluate.

If we're counting those clingy weird ones, though, I had a girlfriend who wanted to marry me and have kids with me when we were both 14, and she recently started messaging me again, now that we're both 17, saying that if we hadn't broken up we'd have a five year old kid by now, which shows terrible counting skills if nothing else... 8O

Berns
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2012, 10:12 am

Asp-Z wrote:
That's not what a psychopath is.

You're right. I meant to say clingy and creepy, though those aren't the traits described in the title of this thread.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 11:32 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Sounds like it. Especially how she never accepts responsibility for anything she does. Narcissism is characterized by denial, and refusing to face reality, no matter what. It actually can be laughable. My friend who was a classic narcissist got tipsy and almost got us killed driving home, but it was my fault because I LET him get drunk, yet when I asked if he had been drinking he told me to mind my own business, even comparing me to an overbearing father!

You cannot win with a psychopath or narcissist.

She had AS, not NPD, but she acted very narcissistic. She also thought that self-improvement was not possible, and any attempt to do so was an attempt to intentionally deceive her. She denied that she had any issues, and made it look like everyone else was the one with the issues.

Yet I was attracted to her because she had the same interests and was also a Christian, which is a very rare combination. I even gave up my dream of starting a family for her (she didn't want kids). Last I heard, she married a guy because of the possibility of moving to his native country (so far, that hasn't happened).

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 12:21 am

Tim_Tex, have you ever talked to a therapist about your experience with that girl? it's been a while since it happened but it seems to be affecting you very strongly in the present moment. i believe you are going to have difficulty gaining the confidence to start future relationships until you have found a way to manage that past situation in your mind.