Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

QuantumMichel
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

If you change sex, you'll potentially attract homosexuals of an opposite sex then your genetic gender. Meaning, you attract the gender you want. Or you can just date each other.

its a bit a continuation of this thread "Why not just date the same sex?" (can't link yet, my account is too new)

To7m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2012, 10:40 pm

Excellent, I shall neuter myself and test this theory

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 10:45 pm

The only sex change I would wish to endure is when the missionary becomes a cowgirl.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm

As awkward as they can be I enjoy having testicles.

You will reap what you've sown.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 3:31 am

If I could change sex, I'd change it into something I get once in a while

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 4:34 am

Quite clever, above post!

I don't think changing sex is (or should be) about attracting the mate that you want. I'm a gay FTM; that means I severely narrowed my dating field by changing sex. Trying to date men in a phallocentric community when you have no phallus is far trickier than trying to attract men as a woman. You'd be surprised at how many transgendered individuals of both sexes identify as homosexual post-change (where they would have been heterosexuals before). Gender identity and orientation are increasingly disparate in terms of association. It's a perception of self, and in many cases (as in mine) it's a physical need. These are not my parts. I need to be in the proper body more than I need a mate. It produces large amounts of shame and tribulation, but it remains the only viable option. This is the case for transgendered individuals of any orientation.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

27 Jan 2012, 4:52 am

I already attract homosexuals 8O I have thought about a sex change before because I tend to be attracted to the tomboy lesbians offline but I don't realize they are gay. They like me as a friend because I am NOT like a typical guy but they are not attracted to me of coarse & neither any other women :cry:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Rob-N4RPS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2012, 5:02 am

Hello!

Would this whole topic not be more appropriate for the LGBT forum?

As for paying a surgeon many thousands of dollars (or whatever your particular currency is) to mutilate one's body to reflect the opposite gender to the one they were born into, wouldn't it be easier - and make more sense - to change what is making one think that they should be the opposite gender from the one they were born into, instead?

By doing this to one's self, one does not REALLY CHANGE their gender; only their appearance. The affected individual who moves from man to woman CAN'T REALLY BECOME a woman; only a MAN who LOOKS like a woman, and vice versa. In every other area of what determines one's gender that can't be altered surgically, a man will always be a man, and a woman, a woman, - in spite of what they have themselves mutilated into.

I am not passing judgement on any of you, mind you; I defer that to 'a higher power than myself'. just stating the obvious.

Have A Straight Day!

Rob

"YOU can't HANDLE the truth!" - Jack Nicholson

QuantumMichel

27 Jan 2012, 6:47 am

Quote:

No, if its moved there the post will actually change nature.

Don't see it in a too strict sense "sex change". Just by taking appropriate hormones you can go a long way resembling the other sex.

Quote:
By doing this to one's self, one does not REALLY CHANGE their gender; only their appearance.

Thats more philosophy then practice. If it fools the relevant brain circuitry in a perspective mate, its good enough

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 8:41 am

Rob-N4RPS wrote:

Moderator here. When I read the topic title, I thought I'd need to think about moving it. But, having read the original post and subsequent posts, I think it's in the right place.

Last edited by Mummy_of_Peanut on 28 Jan 2012, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rob-N4RPS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

Hello!

[quote="QuantumMichel]Don't see it in a too strict sense "sex change". Just by taking appropriate hormones you can go a long way resembling the other sex.[/quote]

There's no other way TO see it. You said it yourself. You would only RESEMBLE the other sex. Anything else is just a rationalization.

I'm not one of them, but there are some people in this world that would react very strongly to someone they were going to take to bed, and then find out they're something different when they get there. It opens someone up to being violently assaulted.

Quote:
Thats more philosophy then practice. If it fools the relevant brain circuitry in a perspective mate, its good enough

That's my whole point. Their 'relevant brain circuitry' has ALREADY been fooled.

'Good enough'? That would depend on what you expect out of a 'mate'. Transgender 'females' can't have children. THAT'S what the whole 'mate' concept is all about. Otherwise, they're just a 'partner'.

Someone who has had this done to themselves would have a very difficult time finding someone who would accept such a thing, outside of their peers who have also been mutilated. Why make the whole process harder than it already is?

Have A Straight Day!

Rob

Last edited by Rob-N4RPS on 27 Jan 2012, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob-N4RPS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2012, 10:20 pm

Hello!

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Rob-N4RPS wrote:

Moderator here. When I read the topic title, I thought I'd need to think about moving it. But, having read the orinigal post and subsequent posts, I think it's in the right place.

Very, well, then. It's your forum, not mine.

Is this forum accessible to children?

Have A Straight Day!

Rob

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2012, 10:34 pm

It is accessible to children, but i've not read anything explicit so far. I'll quote; i think it's better for someone to "mutilate" their body than mutilate their mind by enduring an unhappy life. no-one's gonna spend thousands of £/$/€'s on surgery for something they are not sure about

justalouise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2012, 2:48 am

Rob-N4RPS wrote:
'Good enough'? That would depend on what you expect out of a 'mate'. Transgender 'females' can't have children. THAT'S what the whole 'mate' concept is all about. Otherwise, they're just a 'partner'.

Someone who has had this done to themselves would have a very difficult time finding someone who would accept such a thing, outside of their peers who have also been mutilated. Why make the whole process harder than it already is?

What about straight, non-transgender people who are sterile? What does that make them?

Also, your second point is not true. There are folks of all orientations who are attracted to trans people.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 3:07 am

justalouise wrote:
Rob-N4RPS wrote:

What about straight, non-transgender people who are sterile? What does that make them?

Also, your second point is not true. There are folks of all orientations who are attracted to trans people.

That's true.

As long as all the organs match I don't see what the difference is.

You will reap what you've sown.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2012, 11:48 am

Rob-N4RPS wrote:
Hello!

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
Rob-N4RPS wrote:

Moderator here. When I read the topic title, I thought I'd need to think about moving it. But, having read the original post and subsequent posts, I think it's in the right place.

Very, well, then. It's your forum, not mine.

Is this forum accessible to children?

Have A Straight Day!

Rob

Yes, it is accessible to all. So is the LGBT forum. If you see anything you think is inappropriate for here, please let one of the mods know. Thanks

BTW It's your forum just as much as mine. :)