Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 159 of 240 [ 3825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 240  Next

ETViking
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2012, 5:59 pm

Five post since 2006! WOW 8O Finally an English girl but so far away....

SoundsLike_Kyle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Feb 2012, 7:36 pm

Name's Kyle, 28 years old, and I'm definitely, positively single. Dating would be great, but friends preferred. I don't have a whole ton of the latter currently, and I may be relocating to pick up the rest of my 2 year degree. Got pretty ill from my gallbladder for about 2 years (it had to go finally :( ), and so now that I'm better from that, I intend to finish off my schooling, since I couldn't live with myself for leaving that unfinished. I'm like that, plus it will fetch me a nice job, which is the major incentive.

First and foremost, I'm an artist, one of the types that if pressed to choose between groceries and more paints, I'd pick the paints and chew a toe off (only need so many of them right?) and call it a day. Unless it were coffee, then it would be a tough call, probably resulting in compromise.

I have what might be considered a light obsession, I guess, with the red white color combination. I'm drawn to, er, drawing mints and stripey straws and whatnot. They are a recurring theme for me, and I sneak them into my work wherever I can. Not nearly as clever as Where's Waldo, but I try. I live whereabouts of Sacramento, the fair capitol of California, under my parents roof. Though as mentioned before, that's likely to change.

I'm a vegetarian; murderer solely of plants. But there are days where I'm tempted to go back on 10 years of holding out for some seafood, though. I miss having fish sometimes. Yogurt pretzels are fantastic. And the one possession I can never be without is a pen.

So, interested in friends? So am I. Shoot the breeze, talk about weather, and politics, or whatever friends do now...I"m out of the loop.

SoundOfRain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm

English, Female, mid 30s, south of the UK. I'm a Lesbian, and identify as Femme. I like gardening and the comforts of home I am cheerful, kind, artistic, with feminist/human rights/green politics. I also like Scouting and camping and the outdoors in general. I try to find Geocaches too when I can get out and about. I read. I am illustrating a book. I like the gym. I am studying to be a secretary. High functioning (infact I self-diagnosed last year). I have a silly sense of humour and I love to laugh, but I'm never nasty. I have brown hair and brown eyes. I have various interests and curiousities, so I have a long list of things I want to do.. so I can look back at my life when I am old and be pleased with myself and have great memories. Could we tick off some of the list together? I like life. I want to find someone who is kind and likes life too.
Soundofrain

DailyReprieve
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2012, 11:58 pm

I guess this can't hurt...

My name is Josh. I'm a 20 year old male with a very high-functioning case Asperger's Syndrome. I currently live in St. Louis, Missouri, though I may not remain here long-term. I love art, music, and music. I like to think of myself as an intellectual, though "geek" may be more fitting. Though not currently enrolled in school, my goal in life is to help people. I plan on starting a program this summer to become an Addiction Counselor, and see where things go from there. I don't talk much, but it isn't because there isn't anything going on in my head; I'm just not always quite sure how to express my thoughts in words. When I do talk, I always mean what I say. When I'm not talking, I'm a Class-A listener.

As a disclaimer, I feel obligated to add that I am a recovering drug addict. By "recovering", I mean that I no longer ingest any mind altering substances, except for legally prescribed non-narcotics, and I participate actively in 12-Step fellowships. Just because I don't drink or drug doesn't mean I can't get down and have a good time ;-). Also, if you have a problem with my past and assume it makes me a "bad" or "immoral" person, please kindly keep those opinions to yourself and don't reply to this post!

I do still smoke cigarettes.

I'm a relatively easygoing guy, looking for a relationship with a caring and substantive girl between the ages of 18 and 22. A long term career or education plan is not a necessity, but it is a plus. I love women who know what they want from life. I'm fine with both Neurotypicals and Aspergians. I'd like someone who is interested in the arts. Being liberal, or at least open-minded is a must. I think dorky/nerdy girls are pretty cute. I don't want to set too many parameters, for fear of limiting myself and not meeting new types of people.

Feel free to PM me. I promise I don't bite =D

carlifornication
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

My name is Carl and I am 21 years old, currently at university in Coventry studying Psychology. I enjoy playing guitar and video games, would say I'm a bit of a perfectionist but who says there's anything wrong with wanting to get things right :D Currently single and no previous long-term relationships. Would like to meet some people and see if there's other people out there that feel they are in the same position as me where they would like to build some new relationships. In other words not looking for anything serious, just send me a message if you want a friendly chat! Thanks for reading :)

Manaslu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

Hi, am a male graduate student in Oxford (so pretty smart :wink: ) looking for a girl about my own age -just about to turn 25, anything 5 years on either side of that is ok- who is smart and interesting and hopefully shares at least some of my interests. ( I also have to like the way someone looks to really fall for them, but my range of what I find attractive is pretty liberal if I like someone's personality.) I'm a big music nerd, both pop, in the broadest sense, and to a lesser extent classical, also like good films and am interested in the history of cinema, and enjoy smart TV shows like The Wire and the Sopranos (which I've just finished-feel slightly bereft ;) ). I'm a diagnosed aspie, but may be slightly atypical in that whilst still socially awkward and obsessive I'm actually quite good, at least at the level of explicit thought, or so people have told me. I have more problems with anxiety these days than specifically aspie stuff probably. Looking for someone in about an hour to an hour and a half's train ride from Oxford, maximum, since I don't drive. PM if your interested.

Desurage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2012, 2:36 pm

I'm 24 in Arlington Heights, IL, into anime mostly but I'm not really serious about it. I've gotten pretty good at the 'social' active listening part of being an aspie but some things really throw me a curve. I really just want a girl to hang out with for now, and see where it goes from there.
I enjoy anime for the voice acting and am pretty goal driven, right now I'm in a supported housing apartment that leads to independent living.

Catman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2012, 1:04 pm

Hi

012victoriaa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Feb 2012, 10:07 pm

Sigh. I hate doing these sorts of things, but here I am giving it a go...

19 / F / New York, NY
5'2, 97 lbs

I've had a preference for men and women a good deal my senior since as far back as I can remember - that's 35 - 40+ - but I'm open to anything. I mostly enjoy a good laugh. I love talkers; I'm a great listener. I'm a grammarian of sorts (you know what that means; get me started on the difference between a participle and a gerund, and you've got my heart!). I was an avid reader, but life got in the way. I'm halfway through J.M Coetzee's A Disgrace, but all the May-December romance nonsense is preventing me from finishing. I love Hesse and Pessoa - two very different writers, I know, but they're my boys.

I'm a vegan. I'm a smoker, but I've been trying to taper down. I'm a reclusive, moody and fidgety dreamer just like every other aspergian girl, but hopefully that won't deter you from PMing if you're interested.

xalted13
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2012, 11:25 pm

27/M/New York, NY 6'5" Bald

I'm currently in college. Tutoring C++, and working another job. I hated school before because I felt locked inside it. Having the time of my life now in college; but hate being single. I've never had a real relationship because the conversations would always die out. Could never play on words or say something funny. It's rare when I would say something to make my friends laugh. I am looking for a serious relationship but do need to find someone I connect with in conversation.

beckym
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Feb 2012, 3:28 am

hello (:
I'm Becky
18, in college
5'10 , fit. I have blonde hair and hazel eyes. I've been diagnosed an aspie but appear to be NT for the most part to people. I live in orange county, ca. would love to talk to some people in the area, 18-27 ish. Yep.

Monkey_Zombie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2012, 12:27 am

Hello, The names Robert,
21/M/TN
I've been diagnosed with what my doctor called "A severe case of ADHD that mimics Symptoms of Auspergers and Autism" but that was way back in the mid 90's. I've taken a lot of steps in taking control of my unique position and now all I am is an Aspie with a little bit of Attitude.

I'm lookin' for love in all the wrong places so I thought I'd give this place a shot. My personality is all I've got. but luckily its a good one, I'm open to almost anything, I enjoy a wide variety of interests. I play games, I joke, I dance, I sing, I play guitar, I paint and draw all kinds of things but mostly abstract feelings or thoughts I have at the time. I love to watch movies from all kinds of periods and countries. I love music from Bach to Rock, I'm a picker and chooser, Not any one album or band in my music collection. Its a collection of songs that I feel for, that evoke emotion in me or can get me in a dancin' mood. I drink but only when I feel the time is appropriate, which is rare for me.

I'm an advocate of total equality amongst human beings. Now for a more physical description, I'm 6'2" with eyes of blue and blondish hair with a sandy hue. I've got a strong frame, I shall proclaim, that a little extra weight doesn't ruin my game. As you can see sometimes I can play the part of the wordsmith. Weaving words like fabric to make a garment of elegant prose. I've got training to be a welder and a machinist. Skills which are awesome for all kinds of junk. Last but not least I live to make people happy, I give a smile and get a smile. More than anything I want to be able to make some lovely young woman happy. to hold her in my arms and carry her away with a smile as wide as a canyon on her face.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

May as well add myself.

NAL: Adrian/22/Manchester.

Looking for someone (Female between 20 to 25) in the Manchester Area (mostly Tameside, Stockport or areas near Greater Manchster such as Beswick, Dane Bank etc).

I enjoy talking so they'd have to put up with my rants, I like playing Video Games so they'll have to be a gamer too (or not, I don't mind) and I enjoy learning new things so it would be nice to meet someone as like minded about experiences.

As long as the girls don't follow the crowd when it comes to fads and stuff and be yourself I will most likely accept you. :)

RarePegs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2012, 7:18 pm

Hi, I'm a 46-year-old Asperger male in Northern Ireland. My degree is in Music (Classical) and although I've not yet managed to make it my full-time job, it's what I should be doing and I continue to work at that! I have a particular interest in the teaching of musical instruments and from many years of part-time experience, I know that awareness of my own difficulties has made me more thorough, methodical and understanding about the basics with beginners than other instrumental teachers who are better players than me but very poor at teaching beginners. This is something that I feel very passionately about and as it applies to the teaching of anything, a shared mind in a prospective girlfriend will be a very attractive quality.

Musically, I'm a church organist and choirmaster and have done quite a bit of choral singing with a preference for Cathedral-type choral music. I have composed some music and I also play in a large amateur orchestra.

Outside of my classical musical interests, I'm into photography (especially architecture), museums and galleries, television dramas and documentaries, food and drink, general knowledge, and autism/mental health issues.

I am looking for a female soulmate in the British Isles, preferably in her 30s but definitely no older than me, Christian but not "happy clappy", with some degree of shared interests and outlook. Just how much we need to have in common is something to work out in time. I wouldn't want to be over-prescriptive and having us missing out on each other!

By the way, I like word-play enough to use an anagram as my username ;-)

MaxShock
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2012, 2:29 pm

I feel stupid sending this, but whatever. xD

Hello, I am Matt, will be 18 in 5 months.

I'm 6'2, 6'4 with my shoes on. I weigh about 170 pounds. My current avatar isn't my best, and I hope to update it soon. Bad smile, haha xD.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at age 16.

I'm looking for a girl who is at least 5'4 to 6'4, and is 16-19 years old who also has Aspergers. I'm specifying height because I am really tall xD, and it's awkward looking down on people really smaller than me o.O.

I'm a Presbyterian, so I like talking to people who are Presbyterian, Babtist, Agnostic, and Catholic mostly.

The rest of the info about me should be on profile, and that little info thing on the left.

Arman_Khodaei
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Mar 2012, 10:59 pm

Hey,

I'm Arman. Here is my OK Cupid profile of awesomeness. http://okcupid.com/profile/BeyondAwesome Okay, maybe it's not that awesome, but you have to start somewhere.

I live in Southern California. I like women that are a bit quirky and bookworms. Myself, I'm a bit of a bookworm. I like anime, comic books, good movies, and playing Dominion as of lately. And, I'm a writer.

I have a daily blog that discusses my experiences on the autism spectrum, and a daily YouTube series to compliment it. Please check them out. I also have a podcast that is updated weekly including an Al