Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 67 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 91  Next

datingman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2012, 8:03 am

hi i am 25 years old guys i like to travelling its my passion and want to visit all around world.

Wolfman1983
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2012, 1:08 am

Hello my name is Louie Martinez I'm 28 years old I enjoy watching StarWars & The Big bang theory I enjoy walks going to movies and going to church on sundays I listen to differnt kinds of music and enjoy playing on my PS3 going to the libary and would like to find a girl that would treat me nice

DailyReprieve
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2012, 12:12 am

Hello, my name is Josh. And I am a drug addict. I also am a high-functioning Aspergian. Having this dual-diagnosis of addiction and Asperger's has been quite and interesting journey. I started using drugs to overcome the social awkwardness that comes with Aspergers. Drugs were a good ice-breaker, and helped me connect with people I otherwise would never have talked to. But things got out of hand.

In the mental health field, and in communities like this, there often isn't much understanding or recognition of drug addiction and alcoholism as a disease. Among drug treatment centers and 12-step fellowships, there is little understanding of or compassion for individuals with mental/emotional difficulties such as Autistic Spectrum Disorders. This made getting clean and sober a long and arduous process. In rehab, "isolating" is not allowed. When Neurotypiclas isolate, they often get lost in self pity end up using. For me however, being in an environment where I am surrounded by people all day for an entire month was so nerve wracking and intolerable that I just about lost my mind! I need time to myself to recuperate from social situations and to process things. This need isn't recognized or understood in the recovery community.
This is why I'd like to go into Addiction Counseling, and offer the field some perspective. Maybe I'll even open up a sober living house for recovering Aspergians.

I guess I'd just like to say to anyone else out there struggling with similar issues, you can get sober. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Jackanape
Raven
Raven

06 Mar 2012, 12:25 am

ello ello, I'm John, I go by Jack. Friends have the habit of calling me an Ape. I dont mind, I find it amusing. I'm 27 going on 28, and I like to go out and have fun just as much as I like to hide out in my house all day. I have the typical nerd likings, games, movies, novels, etc.

I like to play with sculpey clay, used to make whole cities from it when it was affordable. I'm pretty much a low key fella.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 8:15 am

I'm turning 16 in August this year. though I act about 12 due to my AS, which was diagnosed at 8, but I didn't accept it till 13-ish.

My whole life I wondered what the hell was wrong with me, I cried about why people thought I was "strange", and didn't understand people.

I'm beginning to understand other people's state of minds, and that though they may not say anything, they're still assessing me and those around them.
And also that I'm a human being with feelings just like everyone else.

I'm a Muslim (I've memorized about half the Qur'an due to my Aspie memory) due partially to upbringing and partially due to research.

Though I go to church for the social stuff

Future profession? Going into accounting or performing hopefully.

Interested in fitness and music.

Favorite bands, Deftones and Melvins.And Metallica

Don't know what to do to become more comfortable with people. Might join drama or something.

jareth
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

Hi, I'm Jareth.

I am a gaming freak and I can talk anything video games. And I am 16 years old. And if you want, we can talk games, or we can talk about other things :D

vvvbirds
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Mar 2012, 2:44 pm

i love this forum, helps me so much, especially in this area of dating i have found
good advice here, that aligns with scripture (i believe in Jesus)...
and...about me, I do chase females which isn't good, but hopefully this
will change in me, I do have faith in the future i'll be in some type of committed
relationship, although so far (25) i haven't been, and there have been
BAAAAAD incidents i've had with females (i laughed to myself) but it happened,
and now, yes.....well.....that's me

AngryDesiDoughboy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2012, 10:21 am

Hello. I am Nishanth. I am 18 years old and I have had aspergers since I was about five years old or so. I live in New Brighton, a suburb of St. Paul, MN. I am both creative and logical but in odd combinations of the two. For some reason language, rather than math or science,seems to be my specialty. Poetry and other forms of writing come naturally to me I m half Tamilian, Tamilian being a nickname for the Tamil Ethnic Group of South India, and half white(german American mostly). In adition to writing I like to cook, (even though I am new at it), as well as reading,drumming, going to museums and cool places, tamil language cinema and music, different cultures..People say I am an old soul in a young body and have been saying that since I started liking Simon and Garfunkel in the 6th grade.

I really want a girlffriend but I don't know how to go about it.

spunky
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2012, 2:59 pm

Nashville aspie.52 yrs old, musician..3 yrs out of last long term relationship.Found out about my wiring as my last relationship was falling apart.I function fine in most situations but suffer from the same problems most of us do.Networking,social situations,sensory overload.I got through 45 yrs without realizing what was going on,so it's not so debilitating,but on a cumulative level,missed oppurtunities,work and love,misunderstandings of all sorts it is devastating when looking back at the wreckage.I've heard folks say "it's almost worse when you're high functioning" because people don't understand when you have problems and you're close to being "normal" whatever that is,but not quite.Life is better these days.I've grieved the past,done some neuro-feedback which has been helpful in relieving some of the symptoms etc. and I'm trying to look to future with some positivity and hope.I'm trying to dovetail my work and life needs with my posittive and negative aspie characteristics.It's hit and miss.Cheers.

mattham93
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2012, 11:17 pm

Hello world,
I'm Matt, I am 18 years old. I was born and raised in Louisville Kentucky, I moved to Virginia at the age of 9 and I have lived here ever since. (I liked Louisville a lot better lol) I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 8. I've always been a little different and I don't really mind that. I LOVE sports! Sports is my passion and I watch it, write about it, and talk about it all the time. My favorite sport is baseball. I am probably the biggest St.Louis Cardinals fan on the planet (seriously, when they won the World Series last October, I nearly cried I was so happy) I also am big fan of Hockey, College Basketball, and soccer.
My favorite teams
Hockey: St.Louis Blues
College: Louisville Cardinals
Soccer: Fulham, Valencia, DC United
Football: St.Louis Rams

I'm pretty shy, and I sometimes have trouble keeping conversations going, but once you get to know me, I can be pretty talkative. I am also a Christian and I love God with all my heart and want to serve him.

If you wanna talk PM me :)

Sports nerd
Christ Follower

FauxPoint
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2012, 1:29 pm

Hello my name is Sean, i am 22 years of age and i am hoping to look for friendship/ a relationship with someone of the opposite sex. i am quite tall and slim (but not skinny), wear glasses and dresses pretty averagely, i hate following trends. to sum myself up i would say i am very honest, loyal and very trustworthy, i enjoy having a laugh down the pub, but i do also like going to the library and visiting museums. i enjoy watching films of all genres, enjoy listening to most music and i like playing on games consoles. i also love cars and computers. i am currently on a level 3 computer course at college which lasts for 2 years. if you would like to know more or even get to know me, i would appreciate it if you message me. thanks. :) :)

PeteThieArtist
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Apr 2012, 10:02 pm

Wazzup peeps.
My name is Pete. I'm 25, have longish dark brown hair, hazel eyes, a big nose and pail as hell, probably need to go outside more. I'm about 5'11 180 something broad shoulders not well built at the moment, gotta layoff that happy cola.
I live in the DFW area of TX. I am an aspiring artist who just recently dropped of college and don't tend on getting a degree. I instead intend on creating paintings and other works and enter competitions and maybe get myself into a gallery.
I'm into women, maybe women who have AS like me, I'm very curious to see what its like.
I'm a big time hockey fan and love playing it. I'm very interested in english accents, or different dialects of english.
I love to travel and go places ( that are not east of i30 or close to the southeastern US) unfortunately I haven't gotten my drivers license, mainly for personal reasons.
I am very typical of some one with AS so I'm not going to be the most fourth-coming when it comes to conversations, but as you get to know me you'll get to see how out going I can be.
Lets see.... I like different types of music Rock (and its different forms) a little jazz, some blues, countr..... eehh, I'll even throw in some dean martin and sinatra just for fun.
I have a huge intolerance to bullies and trollers and people who act like douche bags at other people's expense.
If you're interested hit me up on my email or FB and i'll get back to ya.

achicinchina84
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Apr 2012, 9:11 am

People call me BB, a trend that began on the soccer field as it was much more convenient than yelling my full name. 27, 5'10 athletic build, red hair and deep blue eye. I love to play soccer, ultimate frisbee is also fun. I am from the US but I live in China (if you can't tell from the username) and I work as a high school science teacher. I have my MA in chinese studies and I hope to start on a PHD in global health or global environmental studies within 4 years. I love to learn about other cultures and I find that I learn more about foreign cultures I learn more about my native culture. I love to travel and I am planning on doing a tour of S.E. Asia this summer for 2 months. Most people would describe me as a super science and art nerd. My current obsession is formulating glazes for ceramics and testing them in the kiln I just made! I have a strong christian faith, though my views are not necessarily "main stream" and see a lot sense in science but don't feel that belief in science is incompatible with belief in a loving God.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:23 pm

LOL, I just realized this was in the love and dating section. I think I had an introduction in mind and gave WAY too much information about my life story and not enough about my personality, so editing this:

I am 31. I am a vegan and a feminist and both are super important to me. I want the world to stop exploiting animals and women. I am also an atheist and a lesbian :) Would like to find a girlfriend but for now just looking to get to know someone as a penpal who maybe wants to date when I get my life together.

I joined WP a couple months ago to see what people were like, thinking maybe I had AS because my girlfriend at the time worked with people with autism and went to a conference where someone speaking about AS basically described a lot of characteristics I have. I ended up being diagnosed SPD in February (haven't been tested for AS yet), but I like it here a lot because people are honest, straightforward, etc. I don't have any severe or very obvious symptoms...I don't think so, anyways.

I have a B.S. in Physics, Astrophysics concentration. I've also studied Computer Science, Software Engineering Concentration at another university.

For extra money, I am a freelance technical writer on oDesk.com. Hope to save up money to buy a Winnebago to live in, as I hate work toy much to ever be able to afford a house. My hobbies are trumpet-playing, composing music, studying foreign languages, reading, fooling around online, a little computer programming (I love computers), vegan cooking, and writing in my journal. I like jazz, bossa nova, classical, and some rock and metal. I care about my health and try not to eat garbage. I also care a lot about the environment and human mental/physical health and I am very interested in "natural" vs. "unnatural" ways of living that let people be who they are, not over-worked, not stressed out, not eating genetically-engineered garbage, not violent, etc. I consider myself a radical, basically because I want pretty much the entire structure of American society to collapse. My pet peeves are people who are illogical, overly emotional, shallow, or conformists/have no individuality.

I am introverted, quiet and sarcastic. I like being out in nature and engaging in quiet, peaceful activities and would prefer to live somewhere more rural but near a city.

I like lesbians who are very intelligent and logical, think for themselves without being limited by their upbringing or culture, have high self-esteem, are honest and straightforward to a fault, aren't into drugs/drinking a lot, care about their health, are open-minded, and who have morals and are laid back. I don't really care about women's hobbies or looks very much, but I basically strongly dislike femininity.

PM for details.

NullCoding
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Apr 2012, 9:57 am

Hey, I'm Jaska, although most people know me as Jimmy (Jaska is the Finnish form of James, my given name). I'm 19 and live in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, where I attend Dickinson College. I study Chinese and Astronomy but am very unsure of what I'm going to do in life and have not even declared a major.

I am employed by the College as a computer technician specifically for students. In my free time, which admittedly is scarce, I fix, build, and play with computers. I collect them and currently have about fourteen, maybe more, though some are totally broken. :P

I play about eight or nine musical instruments, most of which I've taught myself how to play, although I took guitar lessons for twelve years. I am a co- music director for a new a capella group here at Dickinson, so I spend a lot of time arranging music for them as well as composing my own for fun.

I'm very quiet and not a very social person, although I am a brother of the Delta Sigma Phi fraternity. I am very sensitive to loud noises, bright lights (especially the flashing kind), and hate crowds of people. I do like small gatherings, smaller low-key parties, and generally hanging out with small groups of friends.

I consider myself almost entirely selfless. I tend to put the feelings of others before my own, and try my hardest to "be there" for others in hopes that they might someday be there for me. I'm a very good listener - I've been told by every single one of my few friends - and value close friendships over practically anything else.

As far as my love life is concerned...uneventful. I had a girlfriend for about seven months way back in my junior year of high school, and I'm currently in a rather open relationship with a wonderful boy; we've been together for almost two and a half years. I identify as pansexual and also polyamorous. I crave intimacy and closeness, since I'm actually a very physical person. This comes from my general inability to express things verbally (e.g. if I can't think of anything to say to console someone, I tend to just hug them instead) and I'm kind of a sucker for cuddling and such.

On the other hand, I'm painfully aware of my inability to understand the strong emotions I feel. They scare me, and as a result I'm not usually able to pursue any strong feelings for people. I'm always willing to try new things but am limited by my tendency to have bad panic attacks in unfamiliar situations that just make me feel "too much" at once.

I'm extremely open-minded and have no filter or shame. I'll talk about anything and answer any question, no matter how "probing" or "deep" it may seem.

http://nullcoding.deviantart.com - Art
http://ncprime.blogspot.com - Programming

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:26 am

Hi. I live in Berlin. I'm mainly interested in music, literature and films. I study English and Philosophy at university.

I seem very unimpressive to most people. Unlike most girls, I am not interested in fashion and getting married. I prefer watching a film at home to going to parties or shopping.

I am obsessed with stationery, mostly pens and notebooks.

At the moment, I spend a great deal of my time doing research on Thomas Newman. It consumes a big part of my day.

And, I just looked at starkid's introduction, I am also vegan. I usually forget about that because it's become the most natural thing to me.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman