Why are you still single ( one reason)

Page 16 of 36 [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 36  Next

black_prince
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2012, 2:39 am

A person isn't necessarily single for a reason. Being single is the default position and what happens when there are no reasons to be in a relationship.

I'm single and have been single for years because there has been no circumstances for which I have been in a relationship. I enjoy the trappings of a relationship, have had relationships (to the point where I was almost married), and want nothing more than to have a family of my own, but these things don't really matter if the initial circumstances that necessitate a relationship are not available.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 3:31 am

Me.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 7:33 am

Why "was" I still single?
Hey, that wasn't "MY" fault!! !
I ended up marrying someone based solely on compatibility and common interests.
BUT this gentleman was a different religion, race, ethnicity. A diffferent upbringing, different economic and social status as well. But when I met him, I felt like I finally came home. I even liked the way he smelled. He smelled right.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 7:34 am

black_prince wrote:
A person isn't necessarily single for a reason. Being single is the default position and what happens when there are no reasons to be in a relationship.

I'm single and have been single for years because there has been no circumstances for which I have been in a relationship. I enjoy the trappings of a relationship, have had relationships (to the point where I was almost married), and want nothing more than to have a family of my own, but these things don't really matter if the initial circumstances that necessitate a relationship are not available.

Well put!! ! :)

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 7:40 am

Titangeek wrote:
I'm still not entirely clear what you mean.

I think she/he? means abandoned. Some people don't handle break-ups well. When I was in my early twenties, I was SO lonely that I got with a guy who was incredibly emotionally abusive. I took the punishment for almost 4 years JUST not to be lonely again. After he dumped me, I suffered as if I lost a million dollars. If that wasn't sick, that I don't know what to say!! I ended up going to counseling for "me" and for what I allowed others to do to "me". A odd twist to the story: That guy ended up getting murdered. Nobody was caught. The case got closed.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 8:06 am

Because the guys I like never like me back and the guys who DO like me I wouldn't touch with a 50ft pole.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 8:25 am

because nobody likes me for the job.

Tom5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Mar 2012, 10:41 am

Because I can't make the kind of ladies I am deeply attracted to feel attracted in return to me in return. Thus far all of my romances and infatuations have been completely one-sided with no hint of interest from the other side.

Yesterday I saw a pretty Ethiopian cashier in the Technion (I live in Israel). But I did not know what to say to her and was too afraid to start a conversation with her in order to let her know that I like her.

Last edited by Tom5 on 13 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

Because when I went looking I got f****d over by yet another Bipolar disorder sufferer. I am now not looking.

Tom5

13 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i seem to lack the genetic right stuff to pair up with anybody or to make any fundamental kind of connection with any other living thing.

Yeah me too.

My brain chemistry is pretty messed up so I think I can blame my faulty neuro-chemicals for not succeeding in attracting the opposite sex, among other things that are wrong with me, such having personal hygiene issues.

I guess I just have bad genes.

Last edited by Tom5 on 13 Mar 2012, 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 3:17 pm

because she doesn't know i like her.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

aspi-rant wrote:
because she doesn't know i like her.

Get in there and do the business! Some other fella will otherwise and then where will ye be? ;)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

Im too busy and do not trust anyone.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

bookworm285
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2012, 5:19 pm

Because I recently got out of the second of two long-term relationships that were verbally abusive. I need lots of counseling and "me" time first. Although when the time comes, I am scared. I've never "dated" I just always let the guy pick me more or less and stuck with him. I have a lot to learn....

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 6:38 pm

becouse i'm not able to connect to others; i'm either at ease or around other people, and meeting a significant other requires those two states to coexist...

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 6:49 pm

I'm unattractive, or so I've been told.

In my entire life, the only noteworthy comments I've had about my appearance from women were:

- "You look like you just crawled out of a dumpster." - classmate, 2011.
- "It'd be hard to find a blind, ret*d girl capable of feeling attracted to you." - female teacher, 2005-2006.
- "You look like a pauper with that haircut." - my mother, 2006-present day.
- "Well, get Quentin to sing a song for you then - though that wouldn't help you sleep, considering his voice." - another female teacher addressing a classmate who couldn't sleep properly, last week.

From men, who are not what I feel attracted to:

- "You look like you're dying of cancer." - very flattering American on Skype, last week.
- "Get a haircut - you look hideous." - my father.
- "Are you [my actual age minus five to seven years]?" - comment I've heard for years, from several people, independently.