I'm a lonely aspie tomboy...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

eshiboo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2012, 9:16 pm

I want to meet other aspies near me. I'm from Ottawa, Ontario. I'm looking for some friends that are like me, that I can hang out with in person because I'm really into one-on-one and not text or emails... Preferably a guy, because I don't typically have friends that are girls. Please let me know if you're interested...

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 9:39 pm

A little bit of a sidenote sorry, as a fellow tomboy I would recommend that you stay open to female friendship. Not that you have to sek it out or anything, but don't categorically rule it out. I never had a female friend until my first when I was fairly old, and now she's my absolute best friend.

Of course if you're looking to date and are oriented towards men, date men.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 10:39 pm

Also if you're definitely NOT interested in anything romantic or sexual, do the guys (and yourself) a favor and mention this when you meet them. Otherwise, in my experience, especially as a friendship becomes close, it's too easy for a guy to get the idea that you have some sort of attraction even if you don't. Then, there comes a time when either the guy or the girl pulls away because the guy feels disappointed or the girl feels pressured.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

24 May 2012, 11:11 pm

I'm assuming the OP is interested in friendship turning into a romantic relationship since she posted in Love & Dating instead of the Social Skills & Making Friends section

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 12:19 am

You would be better off using a title such as "Any other people from Ontario" or "Looking to meet people in Ontario" rather that you're lonely because as you can see, threads like that are ten a penny here.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 3:50 am

A lonely thread in a sea of lonely threads, it's all a bit meta.