Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2013, 4:48 pm

^ thats what i'm talking about. You said it very well.

Some people are clingy, others like clingy.. i'm kind of both. If someone is clingy to me I'm clingy to her. :)

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

18 Jan 2013, 11:25 pm

This can be me as well........I feel like I am one of the Desperate Housewives! :(

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

emmyy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2013, 9:56 am

ButI DO NOT wan to sounds like a whiny desperate housewife.
I only want to understand why he left me alone OR why he lied.
I feel like I did something wrong but I can not understand what is it and why.
And being pushed away, rejected.. It just.
This is NOT the first time.
I have had many little crushes, and people have always been playing with me.
They say I am pretty and at first that it'k ok I'm aspie and they understand but it is ALWAYS, they leaving, without telling why

Well he told me why; because I am immature and obsessive and clingy and he need space but what I do not understand is that. I told him I am clingy. And I feel safe with him. And all. And he said, he likes it and it's okay.
Then it wasn't okay?!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 9:58 am

what did he lie about?

emmyy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2013, 11:53 am

he lied when he said it's okay that I'm clingy and have asperger. Because suddenly it wasn't okay. THAT.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 12:50 pm

emmyy wrote:
He told me I am immature and clingy. And last thing he told me was "next time you like someone, don't be so obsessive".
Yep, he's right about that. Obsession creeps people out. The damage has been done; it's time to move on and work on your emotional immaturity. Then you can try dating again with someone else. There is a big difference between an obsession and a healthy reciprocal relationship.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 12:53 pm

emmyy wrote:
I feel like I did something wrong but I can not understand what is it and why.
And being pushed away, rejected.. It just.
This is NOT the first time.
I have had many little crushes, and people have always been playing with me.
They say I am pretty and at first that it'k ok I'm aspie and they understand but it is ALWAYS, they leaving, without telling why
They leave you because you're obsessive. Learn how to control your impulses and your emotions and you'll have better luck.

emmyy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2013, 3:22 pm

You don't know anything about me. I'm not obsessive, I just like him A LOT. Is it wrong to like someone so much. I think it's not real liking and love if you can just think like "Oh, it's over, I will move on and find someone else" I don't WANT anyone else.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 4:26 pm

emmyy wrote:
You don't know anything about me. I'm not obsessive, I just like him A LOT. Is it wrong to like someone so much. I think it's not real liking and love if you can just think like "Oh, it's over, I will move on and find someone else" I don't WANT anyone else.

All I know about you is in this thread, and what this thread tells me is that you ARE obsessive. I don't think he lied to you. I think he seriously underestimated how clingy and obsessive you are. Listen to what he told you. He told you why it didn't work out and he gave you good advice for the future.

emmyy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jan 2013, 4:33 pm

Am I not allowed to like him? Since when? You don't even know him. You don't know anything.

MaxShock
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2013, 4:35 pm

emmyy wrote:

Just from this, I can tell you really are obsessive and clingy.

It's not love unless you mutually respect each other, and maturity is an important part too. You're not being respectful, or mature, and so this is what happened.

You're supposed to give the person space.

As someone who made a similar mistake when I was younger, I can tell you that you don't want to go down this road. It WILL backfire.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 5:05 pm

Marcia wrote:
emmyy wrote:

All I know about you is in this thread, and what this thread tells me is that you ARE obsessive. I don't think he lied to you. I think he seriously underestimated how clingy and obsessive you are. Listen to what he told you. He told you why it didn't work out and he gave you good advice for the future.
Yes, Marcia is right. You are definitely obsessive.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 5:56 pm

emmyy wrote:

emmyy wrote:
Am I not allowed to like him? Since when? You don't even know him. You don't know anything.

I don't know you or him so I'm not passing any judgement. Like I said, I'd give a lot to have GF like you. It'd be awesome.

BUT...

I will tell you this from what I have observed other people who also dumped girls because they were clingy:

The thing that burns them out of the relationship is that the girl becomes extremely dominant of the guy's time. Aka, she will text him hourly and if he does not text back a storm will brew out of it.... or she will want to be with him 24/7 to the point where she begins to demand he stop doing his stuff to pay attention to her.

Its OK to be clingy...its adorable in my opinion. But there is such a thing as too clingy to the point of being harassment. That is what burns guys out of such relationships.

I don't know what your situation is but if the above applies then be aware of it.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

19 Jan 2013, 10:05 pm

I think I should try to stay back...... as in talk once a month to a gal. I dunno, but I sometimes feel like I getting desperate.

What am I to do, too?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

emmyy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jan 2013, 12:35 am

Dantac wrote:
emmyy wrote:

emmyy wrote:

I don't know you or him so I'm not passing any judgement. Like I said, I'd give a lot to have GF like you. It'd be awesome.

BUT...

I will tell you this from what I have observed other people who also dumped girls because they were clingy:

The thing that burns them out of the relationship is that the girl becomes extremely dominant of the guy's time. Aka, she will text him hourly and if he does not text back a storm will brew out of it.... or she will want to be with him 24/7 to the point where she begins to demand he stop doing his stuff to pay attention to her.

Its OK to be clingy...its adorable in my opinion. But there is such a thing as too clingy to the point of being harassment. That is what burns guys out of such relationships.

I don't know what your situation is but if the above applies then be aware of it.
But I wasn't like that. Seriously. I allow him to be him and do whatever he wants. I don't want all of his time. But the point it when ever I tried to message him. Once in day, once in few days. He was always angry. That is what made me so. Confused. I GAVE him space. And I tried my best, I always did. But it was always me being wrong and stupid f*****g ret*d. I always did what he wants... Even things I didn't want to do.. It wasn't enough?! I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE SAD.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 4:12 am

equestriatola wrote:
I think I should try to stay back...... as in talk once a month to a gal. I dunno, but I sometimes feel like I getting desperate.

What am I to do, too?

Once a month isn't enough, that would give any girl the opposite impression, ie. that you're hardly interested in her. I had a guy friend talk to me once a month; it was like, holy hell I'm surprised you didn't forget my name. A couple of times a week is IMO the optimal amount of contact, not too frequent, not too infrequent. I know when I don't hear from a person for a while I worry that they've lost interest in talking to me.

The trick here (and this is relevant to the OP too) is to grow a little more...I dunno what word to use....Calloused? Indifferent? There is life after losing someone. Once you lose someone and you see that you lived through it, you won't dread losing people so much and you'll know what to expect. Best thing to do when there's threat of losing someone is to do nothing and let fate take control. Struggling and fighting to hold on just digs the hole deeper. If things are "meant to be" interference shouldn't be needed.

I kinda have a bit of experience in the obsessor department myself :oops: