are we aspie men bad with women or are women bad with us

Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Duncan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2013, 6:53 pm

answeraspergers wrote:
Keanu Reeves is an Aspie isnt he? He was also a "heart throb" to a few. I know this because people came up to me and asked me if i was him along with other celebs i look nothing like.

Wow I didn't know that, thanks for the info :-)

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 1:15 am

bruinsy33 wrote:
billiscool wrote:
Janissy wrote:
billiscool wrote:
now be honest. Are we aspie men just bad with women (or in some cases bad with selective group of women)
or are women just bad with us.
maybe women just don't know how to talk aspie men.
maybe women are just not use to us men with aspie or autism.
it could go both way but all answers are welcome.

I ask myself this all the time ''how I know it not just us aspie men with the problem, maybe were the one's with the problem,
maybe we are just too crazy for women but then I ask well, maybe it women. Maybe we are all right, but the women are the one's
with problem, maybe their the one, who don't know how to talk to us.''

But you said in another thread that married women, even young ones, talk to you without any problems. Is it logical that women would suddenly acquire the ability to talk to you because they got married? No. That is not logical. What is far more likely is that the single women have no motivation to talk to you. It isn't that they can't (because apparently they can once they get married). It's that they won't. I strongly advise you to ask one of the married women that you know in real life for some tips and insight because they are the ones who can best see what is going wrong.

yep, once a young woman gets married or is in relationship they have no problem talking with me. I must have that look that just scares single,young women away. I guess.
and I have ask older women about meeting younger women and the older women tells me that Im a ''hansome and fun guy, and that no young women should have any problem with me''
so I guess young,single women just don't like me, well that is their lost then. But married women and older women like me, so I got something good there.
Perhaps with married women you don't feel any pressure and you are much more relaxed.That's a pretty broad generalization ''young,single women just don't like me'' and it likely isn't true.Talking with a married woman for the most part isn't a possible romantic encounter[though I am sure it has obviously led to one for some people].Your perceived failure with single women may just be your approach or the anxiety you are bringing to the encounter.

Im just talking to the wrong selective group of young single women. ( 19-20 year old gym employee)

LoriB
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2013, 10:10 pm

Maybe the single ones don't think you are interested and the married ones don't care. I am NT and my boyfriend is AS. Him being AS is not an issue for me but some of his behaviors... Even though I do know "why" really get to me at times. He is not an overly sexual person but that didn't come out until I was pregnant. So I am already sensitive because I take it personally but then he gets envolved in his interests and I don't exist. I came home from work a little late today because I had to go to the store.... Which he knew. My 13 year old AS son was home with our 2 year old. A task he is able to handle. But I came in and no dinner was made, the two year old pitching a fit and he wasnt home. My son said he was told he had to puck up a disc but he told the baby he had a meeting. I was livid because he could have just texted me and it would have been fine. He came home took one look at me and kept saying please don't be mad please dont be mad. I told him I was upset the baby hadnt eaten and he didn't let me know what was going on. He said he was focused on what he needed to do and didn't think about anything else. Now if an NT guy pulled that he would be just being self centered. I do know that he gets focused but it is difficult for me not to get upset. He needs to make an effort. He has responsibilities. Please don't throw stones here... But I feel like there are times AS is used as a reason to just do what ever is easiest. I don't think he feels he needs to make an effort to think things through or become less focused on what he is interested in. I say this because he seemed to manage to get things done when he was single. It is not so much women versus men AS versus NT... Both sides just need to out forth some efforts

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 10:50 pm

LoriB wrote:
Maybe the single ones don't think you are interested and the married ones don't care. I am NT and my boyfriend is AS. Him being AS is not an issue for me but some of his behaviors... Even though I do know "why" really get to me at times. He is not an overly sexual person but that didn't come out until I was pregnant. So I am already sensitive because I take it personally but then he gets envolved in his interests and I don't exist. I came home from work a little late today because I had to go to the store.... Which he knew. My 13 year old AS son was home with our 2 year old. A task he is able to handle. But I came in and no dinner was made, the two year old pitching a fit and he wasnt home. My son said he was told he had to puck up a disc but he told the baby he had a meeting. I was livid because he could have just texted me and it would have been fine. He came home took one look at me and kept saying please don't be mad please dont be mad. I told him I was upset the baby hadnt eaten and he didn't let me know what was going on. He said he was focused on what he needed to do and didn't think about anything else. Now if an NT guy pulled that he would be just being self centered. I do know that he gets focused but it is difficult for me not to get upset. He needs to make an effort. He has responsibilities. Please don't throw stones here... But I feel like there are times AS is used as a reason to just do what ever is easiest. I don't think he feels he needs to make an effort to think things through or become less focused on what he is interested in. I say this because he seemed to manage to get things done when he was single. It is not so much women versus men AS versus NT... Both sides just need to out forth some efforts

you seem cool. where do you cool nt women hang out at

Hermes9
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2013, 1:39 am

BlueMax wrote:
^^^ True. Many gals absolutely LOVE "the game"... the whole "how much can I say without saying a thing" game...
Direct communication is abhorrent to so many... they'd rather have teeth pulled.

Ugh. It's such a lame game!

RYBO316
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jan 2013, 6:31 pm

I think it's a combination. I am 28 and self diagnosed and I have yet to have found a women that I was into feel the same about me. Most of the girls who are attracted to me, I really don't have any physical attaction to. So when I do find someone I am in to and see a future with, when it doesn't work out, I feel even worse about myself than I did before. I really had a hard time letting go of a Filipino women I went out with last month. She was so kind and nice to me and understood my quirks and flaws and wasn't creeped out by my aspie-ness like most girls would be. I clearly saw myself having a future with her. I took her to a theme park and I was convinced it was going to work out. We held hands the entire time and it was the best date I have ever been on. She even bought me a nice shirt and a hoodie as a Christmas gift. Even my friends were happy for me because I told them about her. Before that, we even got kinda intimate with our texting. But as it turned out, she was more comfortable with me as "a best friend" rather than a boyfriend and that just broke my heart when she told me she fell for someone else. So in other words, I made the typical aspie mistake of getting too attached with someone and making more about something than what it was and now, I don't even think she wants to be friends with me at this point understandably because I couldn't let go of her. I sometimes think Aspergers is a curse and I will never find someone that will like me for me.

Last edited by RYBO316 on 22 Jan 2013, 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 6:42 pm

Sometimes I think females are weirder than I am and by that dont take offence its just like some hit on me when I dont pay attention and when I do pay attention they ignore me. And If I am just being nice and not expecting to get a date just being a nice guy they sometimes get affectionate and start to hit on me and it makes me nervous at times.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

steviewonderau
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2013, 6:45 am

Both lonely males and females contribute towards their own unhappiness and have complex issues.
Aspie males are far more socially impaired than Aspie females, who are socially impaired to NT females.
Aspie males statistically have a much better chance of happiness or interacting with Aspie females who would be on a similar social level.

Rifter

23 Jan 2013, 7:33 am

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
Neither. Aspie men and woman don't try hard enough.

You will find people who are accepting but we don't help ourselves.

This, this, a thousand times this.

I've had women throw themselves at me and I was clueless it was happening or talked myself out of believing it was happening and nothing became of it.

I have to disagree with the generalization that all women play games - that's not been my experience, so my belief is that aspie men are bad with women.

I will say in defence of some of the people on this post that yes, SOME women make it very confusing for the rest of their kind by saying misleading or easily misinterpreted statements.

I've blown some pretty spectacular opportunities with my inability to read women, however so my belief is it's mostly the aspies fault here.

Rifter

23 Jan 2013, 7:45 am

LoriB wrote:

I agree - just be patient and explain that in detail - he won't get it unless you're very clear, precise and easy to understand. The times I've had issues in relationships have been when women have dropped hints rather than come out and said 'I don't like this, this needs to change or we need to talk through a compromise' Good luck,.

steviewonderau
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2013, 9:26 am

RYBO316 wrote:
I will never find someone that will like me for me.

It gets more difficult to find someone when you get older. The best years of finding someone is before you turn 25. After 25 it gets more difficult with every passing year.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

steviewonderau wrote:
It gets more difficult to find someone when you get older. The best years of finding someone is before you turn 25. After 25 it gets more difficult with every passing year.

I disagree. The traits woman find most desirable begin to change around 25 and it can bode well for Aspies who are willing to try.

The game changes completely at around 30 when single woman begin to appreciate directness.

LoriB
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2013, 9:40 am

Billiscool.. I am glad you thought I was cool. My post was a week or two ago and when I went back and read it I sort of felt badly. I feel that I need him to be reliable in certain areas and focus on things. I did end up explaining that to him and that I was not mad that he had to run out and not even that dinner was not started (dinner is his chore and he is fine with it) I was upset that he had not thought to give her something to hold her over and that he had not simply communicated with me his need to run out. As it happened he had to go out 2 more times that week and both times he changed her, gave her a snack and sent me a text. He really does try when he knows he is supposed to.

Bluemax it is not always a game. Yes, some women play the game, but more often it is just in our makeup.. something we need to work on for sure. I have learned so much here not just about AS but myself as well. It took me a while to learn to be direct and percise. This is not just for AS/NT relationships but all Male/Female relationships. I have shared a lot of what I have learned here with my BFF and she has started trying some of what I do with her NT husban (both NT's) and it has changed their relationship as well. Women give "clues" and assume men will "get it" and they don't. Men are direct and women try to read into it and get it wrong. Another bad thing we tend to do is to go back and rehash things... that is how we get known as being a nag. It is not our intention it is just.. oh I need to clarify this or that. Case in point. My BFF has an awful MIL.. I have personally been around her and it is BAD! She also gets upset because her hubby doesn't stand up for her. She decided to tell him she would no longer spend time with his mother socially and it was a very long speach she had prepared and she was mad at him too. I told her he was use to his mom and had come to accept her attitude and the fact that she never spoke up he assumed she had accepted it to. That it was unfair to blame him for not sticking up for her when she didn't for herself. My advice was to tell him that she understood he accepted it but that it had gotten out of hand and she would never expect him not to spend time with his mom but she was done and just end the conversation there. It was hard for her but she did it and that night he called his mom and told her how upset she was and how he couldn't have that (stood up for her like she wanted without her trying to force him into it) So the next day she was going to talk to him about it again... just to let him know it was not him she was mad at. I told her not to that she should just let it go unless he brought it up. Now see for her she was not trying to nag about it or make it a bigger issue she wanted to reassure him... to him.. he had no idea that she would be mad at him because she never said that to start with. She was mad at his mom, that is what she said right... so if she brought it back up it would be confusing.... back to men interperate the way they think and so do women. If the roles were reversed she would want him to bring it back up a few times and reassure her he was not upset with her.... but he didn't need that... to him she said she was upset with mom, he spoke to mom problem solved case closed. Male female relationships are confusing no matter what your processing may be (AS/NT...) The best advice I can give is to find someone who is willing to at least try to give you the big picture and be precise and on your part ask her "how do you feel about that" the answer may not make sense exactly but women generally are based in emotion where men are in fact... AS men are just a little more in fact than NT BUT I have discovered they make more of an effort to understand "feeling" it may not makes sense to them but they accept it as being the womans reality and therefore valid. Seriously AS men are so much better at relationships than they know... I feel they try much harder to understand

LoriB
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2013, 9:44 am

steviewonderau wrote:
RYBO316 wrote:
I will never find someone that will like me for me.

That is not necessairly true. I was 37 when I met my ex and it did not end because he was Aspie. I was 39 when I met my boyfriend. As you get older for an AS you have the chance to learn social norms and as an NT you tend not to pick people apart so much and realize that everyone is unique and you become more accepting.. generalizing here but if it gets more difficult as you get older that may be more out of frustration and fear of never finding someone more than it actually being harder to find someone

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 9:50 am

Most women cant stand us which is why most us aspie men are single.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

steviewonderau
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jan 2013, 10:10 am

I have a reached a time in my life and I have now accepted cold hard reality. I believe the past is often a good indicator of how the future will turn out. A successful past usually leads to a good future but a bad/troubled past usually leads to a bad future. I have accepted I will be alone forever and I will grow old and die alone. There is no point lying to myself and living a life of denial.