Page 5 of 13 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Quote:
If they are a feminist.
Don't you hate it when women think they should be equal to men?

Women Belong in the House!

... and the Senate ... and the Supreme Court ... and the Presidency ... and ...

We belong in the kitchen with all the sharp knives.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:07 pm

^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:07 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Quote:
If they are a feminist.

Women Belong in the House!

... and the Senate ... and the Supreme Court ... and the Presidency ... and ...

Then again, those who wanted to confine you to the kitchen weren't [the sharpest knives]. :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:10 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Quote:
If they are a feminist.
Women Belong in the House! ... and the Senate ... and the Supreme Court ... and the Presidency ... and ...

Meet the "First Chef"

Wikipedia wrote:
Cristeta Pasia Comerford (born 1962) is a Philippine-American chef who has been the White House Executive Chef since 2005. She is the first woman to be selected for the post, and also the first of Asian descent.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Quote:
If they are a feminist.
Women Belong in the House! ... and the Senate ... and the Supreme Court ... and the Presidency ... and ...

Meet the "First Chef"

Wikipedia wrote:
Cristeta Pasia Comerford (born 1962) is a Philippine-American chef who has been the White House Executive Chef since 2005. She is the first woman to be selected for the post, and also the first of Asian descent.

:D

That's cool. :)

I like being in the kitchen as I like cooking, but at present I only cook for myself.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:17 pm

Fnord wrote:
Why compromise and be miserable, when you can hold out for a person who can meet your standards and have a better chance of being happy?

I can't stand tobacco smoke, either, and I held out for a woman who doesn't smoke, married her, and we now live in a smoke-free home - no tobacco stink on our clothes, in our hair, or oozing from our pores.

I'm getting a little long in the tooth to be too b*tchy :lol:
I'm not going to get mad if the toilet seat is up and he eats my yogurt.I can't even remember to use a coaster half the time.Just don't f' with my books,then I will get testy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 3:34 am

While I myself have a rather narrow list of ideal characteristics in a partner & many deal breakers, and I say this acknowledging myself among those I comment on: I think this thread has really shown which ones of us would score quite highly on a Perfectionist personality type test. So many criteria, so many deal breakers to exclude people.. no wonder there are so many single people here. Might not be so much to do with their unattractiveness physically or socially or intellectually so much as it is that we're all just so damned f*****g particular & picky when it comes to the criteria we require be filled in order to consider someone as datable. Makes sense considering how particular and picky some of us can be with other things, ie food, routine, clothing, ______ whatever. While I'd never compromise on core criteria/values, I think some of us with reeeeeally long lists of deal breakers & reeeeally long lists of criteria people must meet could benefit by lightening up a little vs. being so rigid in abiding by these rules we set for ourselves.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 6:59 am

Who_Am_I wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBnozgVBLXA[/youtube]

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 10:54 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I think this thread has really shown which ones of us would score quite highly on a Perfectionist personality type test. So many criteria, so many deal breakers to exclude people.. no wonder there are so many single people here.

Are we really talking about everybody or just Fnord? Because he's the only one people are engaging with on this thread when they bring this up. :?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 2:35 pm

ThetaIn3D wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I think this thread has really shown which ones of us would score quite highly on a Perfectionist personality type test. So many criteria, so many deal breakers to exclude people.. no wonder there are so many single people here.

Are we really talking about everybody or just Fnord? Because he's the only one people are engaging with on this thread when they bring this up. :?

Definitely mostly Fnord, as others lists aren't nearly as long & specific. I haven't read everyone's posts thoroughly. There may be others with nearly impossible to meet criteria as well.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 2:42 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
ThetaIn3D wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Definitely mostly Fnord, as others lists aren't nearly as long & specific. I haven't read everyone's posts thoroughly. There may be others with nearly impossible to meet criteria as well.

Settling for less than the best brings only misery, in my experience.

In addition, the fact that I am married belies any claim that having high standards means that one would remain single.

:P

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 2:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
ThetaIn3D wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

In addition, the fact that I am married belies any claim that having high standards means that one would remain single.

Ha! Well in that case..

Yeah, I wouldn't settle for someone who didn't meet my criteria.. hence being single vs. seeking someone "lesser," or seeking someone at all for that matter. On the other hand, I don't expect someone else to expect any less of me than I would of them & don't see myself as an ideal mate at the moment for several reasons, so, I continue to work on those things. Once they're better sorted, well, then maybe I'll bother with attempting not to be so single. Until then, nah, I'll just focus on myself for myself w/ the secondary byproduct of likely becoming more attractive to others.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 3:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
ThetaIn3D wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Maybe you are just Fnordtunate and now that you have Mrs.Fnord you can gloat :lol:

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 3:27 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
ThetaIn3D wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Maybe you are just Fnordtunate and now that you have Mrs.Fnord you can gloat :lol:

:lol: Nice one.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

08 Apr 2013, 6:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
...I am married... ...:P

This is interesting. How do you describe the attractive characteristics of your wife? I'm not trying to be critical of you you or your wife, nor am I hunting for discrepancies with your exclusion list.

Also, making long fully-inclusive lists is a characteristic of some autistics. Would that happen to be one of your traits?

When you say "high standards," does that implicitly include what we could call "exact standards that are strictly held," as opposed to pure virtue?

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2013, 8:09 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Most of the men here have longer lists than the woman's deal-breaker thread,and you guys wonder why you don't get more tail :lol:

I've gotten too much " tail" from not following my deal breakers.
It has only left me more emotionally confused and delayed my ability to be ready for a 'real' relationship.