Why do women care so much about a mans height?

Page 3 of 16 [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 1:19 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Hey, I'm 6'3 or 6'4... I'm not exactly swamped with admirers. There are still plenty of other factors - money, power, influence and popularity will beat height almost every time.

if your tall and really skinny or obese, yeah that still isnt hot

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 4:12 am

If the woman is turning you down purely on the basis of your height she really doesn't sound like someone worth spending time with :?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 6:52 am

I'm exactly 5'11" without shoes on which is taller than at least 90% of women, so the 6ft+ range sounds almost too tall.

It seems like most people don't realize how tall 6ft+ actually is.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 8:24 am

Venger wrote:
I'm exactly 5'11" without shoes on which is taller than at least 90% of women, so the 6ft+ range sounds almost too tall.

It seems like most people don't realize how tall 6ft+ actually is.

From where I am it´s not that tall.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 6:33 am

BlueMax wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
How many times can I say this....

KEEP CALM AND DATE A SHORT WOMAN!!

:D

Were you standing behind a variety of arrows on signposts all pointing at you (while you tried to look SO innocent...)

Hmm? ;) *nudge*

Your drawing just made me smile.

Spuggey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2013, 7:07 pm

I like short(ish) guys. I'm 5'3" and I've always liked men about 5'6"-8". ^^ I don't like big or muscle bound.

Amberlena
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2013, 8:58 pm

I don't know, but height doesn't matter to me. The guy I like is a few inches shorter than me.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 10:41 pm

Ratae wrote:
I'm 5'8.5" (174cm) nothing less around 170 pounds and the girl i liked a lot is around 5'4" and i finally asked her out just to be told i'm not her type. Her friend told me she only dates tall men over 6ft.

Now, only 20% of British men are over 6ft, so she is limiting herself. But why do so many girls want tall guys above all else?

This strike me as odd too. Height doesn't matter to me at all, can be shorter than me by a foot, or taller. It's the person that matters, and I find people who have height as a per-requisite for love to be quite pathetic and shallow.

Glasskitten
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 May 2013, 12:49 am

A guy at least slightly taller than me would make me feel less awkward and, in some weird subconscious sense, physically safer. The mental association of Bigger Things Protecting Smaller Things might be a little bit tricky to overcome for romantic purposes, even though I'm quite aware of short guys with phenomenal combat potential.

Other height requirements don't make as much sense to me, but I guess my other aesthetic preferences are pretty arbitrary, so I can mostly understand girls having them. When I unexpectedly got a serious crush on a tall athletic guy based on how he treated me, I actually felt guilty with the knowledge that if I dated him, some girl out there who prefers tall athletic guys would be deprived of a great catch. (Irrational?)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 1:23 am

Glasskitten wrote:
A guy at least slightly taller than me would make me feel less awkward and, in some weird subconscious sense, physically safer. The mental association of Bigger Things Protecting Smaller Things might be a little bit tricky to overcome for romantic purposes, even though I'm quite aware of short guys with phenomenal combat potential.

Other height requirements don't make as much sense to me, but I guess my other aesthetic preferences are pretty arbitrary, so I can mostly understand girls having them. When I unexpectedly got a serious crush on a tall athletic guy based on how he treated me, I actually felt guilty with the knowledge that if I dated him, some girl out there who prefers tall athletic guys would be deprived of a great catch. (Irrational?)

Well....yeah!

rainbowglowing
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2013, 8:47 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Different things:
-Tall guys look more masculine
-Makes women feel protected
-Hugging a tall guy is just lovely, especially when he holds you so tightly. Jummy!
-Tall babies (especially of the woman is short)

:heart: yes!! !

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:33 am

IlovemyAspie wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
Lol! Is that supposed to be me?!

:oops: ...best pic I could find on short notice [sheepishly kicks rocks]

(You ever post a pic on here, ILMA? I have no idea so I only assume you look like Edna.) ;)

Lol!! I'm too shy to post a pic. Plus I have kids and that's the last thing I need is for someone to say "hey your mom is talking about sex"! I've only sent a pic to one member. Oh and no, I don't look like Edna. We both wear glasses and are both short. That's where the physical similarities end!
And very Asian like hehe with a darker complexion! 8)

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 8:14 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I one of the tallest men around (6'6") and it drove me insane to see so many women demanding a certain height. I remember seeing this incredible profile of a gorgeous woman and she not only had the same interests but basically said "I want a inexperienced, introverted guy in his late 20s (i.e. me)". I was all set to initiate contact until she said on the last line in bold "You must be at least 5'11" to contact me".

I can tell the majority of women ONLY contacted me because of my height and nothing else and that drives me absolutely insane! I like long black hair but would never turn down someone for something they have zero control over.

She sounds kind of crazy. I've never seen a profile like that.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 8:19 pm

I don't know how many of you guys are from Europe, but I'm 5'10" and I feel like average height in the USA, but when I go to Germany I am considerably shorter. I feel like I'm in Junior High again whenever I go there because it seems like half the girls are as tall as I am. I have personally never been nervous about my height and I've never been aware of it being an issue, although of course I can't know for sure why I'm rejected. I've only ever been laid in Germany, so I guess my shorter appearance there was not an issue.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 6:17 am

I´m Dutch, so I am surrounded by tall people.
5´10 ist too short, but it´s not tall either...

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

24 May 2013, 6:24 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
I´m Dutch, so I am surrounded by tall people.
5´10 ist too short, but it´s not tall either...

I'm 6'2, and when I visited the Netherlands, I was shocked to see so many people towering over me, including women. I felt like a short guy for the first time ever, even though 6'2 is above average (barely) even in Holland.