Any athiest or agnostic women?

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm

leafplant wrote:
I am agnostic and would find it paradoxical having a relationship with someone whose beliefs would oblige them to expect me to "go to hell" upon my death. :roll:

Church of England christians don't count as their religion is really just a social thing

Yeah, like how they can believe the one they love deserves to burn for eternity?

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 18 Dec 2013, 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 5:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
leafplant wrote:
I am agnostic and would find it paradoxical having a relationship with someone whose beliefs would oblige them to expect me to "go to hell" upon my death. :roll:

Church of England christians don't count as their religion is really just a social thing

Yeah, like how they can believe the one they love deserves to burn for eternity?

exactemundo!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 5:56 pm

But some might have workaround thinking, like "god will certainly give them a last chance when they die because they're good people".

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 6:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
But some might have workaround thinking, like "god will certainly give them a last chance when they die because they're good people".

yeah, do I want to be intimate with someone who so easily lies to themselves?

NO!

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 6:29 pm

I'm agnostic/atheist, and I have no interest in dating men who aren't the same. I've got friends and acquaintances (and family members) who practice one religion or another, and with whom I get along famously, but when it comes to being in a long-term (probably living-together) arrangement, I think it only makes sense to be with someone whose beliefs dovetail with your own.

Most of the agnostic/atheist men I know feel the same way.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 7:54 pm

Whenever I let anyone know that I have standards for who I date, they call me shallow/picky/sexist. If I don't say that I have any standards, they say the same thing. If I were to make a dating profile, I have no idea what I'd say on it.

I had a relationship with a christian woman once and it worked. She believed that hell was made up after Jesus' time and it is really just a place where your soul is destroyed. That kind of makes sense because Jesus says stuff about having everlasting life. It would be more appropriate for him to say that you don't have to be tortured forever if he had a concept of hell like modern Christians do. I didn't think it is that bad, because having my soul destroyed after I die is basically the same as not having one to begin with.

hazuki0chan
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2013, 4:50 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I have to admit tho that the moderately religious/conservative women were way much less likely to be judgmental toward virgin or little-relationship/sex-experienced guys, in fact they usually have positive thinking toward those guys, they are more likely to think "this guy is taking his time to build a stable life" while the atheist/agnostic women have more "if no woman slept with him before then there's something wrong with him" / "if he's chronically single then there's something wrong with him" way of reasoning.

While atheist/zero-practicing women, were all very sexually-experienced and were judgmental toward my lack of experience and they kept asking me non-stop why I don't have an active sexual life, one of them was even shocked because I've never had a threesome (?). They were way more keen in asking about the past and especially relationship/sex wise.

Harsh, but I felt I had to spit it out, that was my experience regarding the two ...."subcultures".

On another hand, the moderates might not tolerate my atheism, but only one of them was like this.

My experience with religious people and sex is actually quite ironic, if not hypocritical. I had a friend in high school whom you would consider a bible-thumber and preached about virginity. She actually ended up pregnant in Junior year. Of course, this was not an isolated incident. There may be a reason why there's a high teen pregnancy rate in the southern states, which claim to be "good christians".

I'm thinking it all depends on character more than religious affiliation. But I may be wrong.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 5:03 pm

hazuki0chan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I have to admit tho that the moderately religious/conservative women were way much less likely to be judgmental toward virgin or little-relationship/sex-experienced guys, in fact they usually have positive thinking toward those guys, they are more likely to think "this guy is taking his time to build a stable life" while the atheist/agnostic women have more "if no woman slept with him before then there's something wrong with him" / "if he's chronically single then there's something wrong with him" way of reasoning.

While atheist/zero-practicing women, were all very sexually-experienced and were judgmental toward my lack of experience and they kept asking me non-stop why I don't have an active sexual life, one of them was even shocked because I've never had a threesome (?). They were way more keen in asking about the past and especially relationship/sex wise.

Harsh, but I felt I had to spit it out, that was my experience regarding the two ...."subcultures".

On another hand, the moderates might not tolerate my atheism, but only one of them was like this.

My experience with religious people and sex is actually quite ironic, if not hypocritical. I had a friend in high school whom you would consider a bible-thumber and preached about virginity. She actually ended up pregnant in Junior year. Of course, this was not an isolated incident. There may be a reason why there's a high teen pregnancy rate in the southern states, which claim to be "good christians". I'm thinking it all depends on character more than religious affiliation. But I may be wrong.

Condom is sin perhaps? :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 6:14 pm

Hash and booze,yes,being judgmental about ones lack of sexual experience,no.I don't understand why it would even be a big deal.
When I was a teen there was tons of blonde Lebanese hash around.Where did it go?There was a large amount of people from Iran that moved to Little Rock at that time to get away from the Ayatollah.I always wondered if they brought it in their suitcases.It was reasonably priced,ten dollars a gram and it smelled wonderful.

Hooraydiation
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm

A lot of people who say they believe in God are just hedging their bets. As long as their belief doesn't impact their daily life in any meaningful way, I think I could be happy with such a person.

I guess I just think the odds of meeting someone are slim enough without me finding extra reasons to disqualify people.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 11:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am atheist and I don't mind atheist women for sure.
Sadly, atheist women over here are often radical communists and those are often into a lifestyle of alcohol, hash and jazz....well, fine for the jazz.

BRB immigrating to Lebanon.

If you are radical leftist and militant atheist yourself you might like them. I can list advantages such girls have for an atheist guy:
-They are usually egalitarian
-They are either agnostics or atheists.
-They are usually artsy or working into art professions.
-They are more tolerating to certain social quirks... but only little.

However:
- They are usually very sociable among their own group.
- If you are not like them fashion-wise, they wouldn't make you feel so welcomed. Key items of their fashion: beret, foulard,Che-guevara shirts.
- They are usually into a wild night lifestyle that heavily include alcohol and hash joints. They are also often too into parties and dancing.
- They are usually too into conspiracy theories, ie. US is the big bad boy always. Still live in the Cold war era.

Wow... keep talking, you are starting to turn me on to these women. I'm going to buy a Che Guevara shirt and make a few anti-US remarks every day from now on. Would pale nerdy hippie European guys who can only quote Marx because they learned it in highschool have a shot with these women?

Around here the modus operandi for ladies seems to be to get their guys to quit drinking and start thinking about children. What use are weekends when you can't drink or smoke? I've seen guys getting nagged at for having a second beer, WTF? Never mind the drama when smoking weed when they guy is a f*****g adult.

The radical communism sounds a bit annoying though.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 12:55 am

If they don't like religion, they might prefer an atheist or agnostic woman.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 1:25 am

hazuki0chan wrote:
There may be a reason why there's a high teen pregnancy rate in the southern states, which claim to be "good christians".

I think it's because they teach abstinence only education, and they try to defund things like planned parenthood, so the kids don't know where to get the contraception or how to use it.

The majority of people's morals are fake anyway, so I wouldn't expect anyone's nominal morals to change their behavior.

Hooraydiation

22 Dec 2013, 6:34 am

ShamelessGit wrote:
hazuki0chan wrote:
There may be a reason why there's a high teen pregnancy rate in the southern states, which claim to be "good christians".

I think it's because they teach abstinence only education, and they try to defund things like planned parenthood, so the kids don't know where to get the contraception or how to use it.

The majority of people's morals are fake anyway, so I wouldn't expect anyone's nominal morals to change their behavior.

Fewer educational and vocational opportunities are a factor too. If a young woman lives in a community where the only path available seems to be motherhood, then she isn't going to care if she gets pregnant.

TM1337FalconPunch

22 Dec 2013, 6:48 am

trollcatman wrote:

What use are weekends when you can't drink or smoke?

Weekends where you have sex instead?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 9:50 am

TM1337FalconPunch wrote:
trollcatman wrote:

What use are weekends when you can't drink or smoke?

Weekends where you have sex instead?

Why not all three?Sex first,than a cig and a nice cold beer.