Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 12:45 am

Nambo wrote:
There is something lovely about drunk Women, if only they could stay drunk all of the time.

That's unhealthy.

timtowdi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2014, 11:55 am

nick007 wrote:
They're acting flirty when their drunk because they're just having fun goofing around & & may be horny. They would probably act like that with most any guy who happened to be there weather he was hot or not.

This. A thousand times.

Please do not assume that a woman who flirts with you when drunk has any actual real-life interest in you. It's not 1950, girls old enough to go drinking aren't so coy and ashamed of being seen to like you.

They're flirting with you because they feel flirtatious and you're there. And no, this isn't something to ask "But don't they realize how hurtful that is? What callous cruel people" about. Most people understand that when a drunk girl is flirting, it's the drinks flirting, not the girl, and they don't take it seriously.

Groovehound
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2014, 5:34 pm

Jjancee wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I guess I'm good looking according to my friends but I get really frustrated when drunk girls flirt with me and when they start to sober up, they're not interested at all :(

Why do girls do this sometimes? It's like there pulling my leg or something.

Because they come to their sense when they sober up -- and flee. An over-entitled attitude and nails-on-chalkboard personally can't always be offset by being super hot!

- but I believe you're much more likely to get away with it if you're a girl (due to men having TEN TIMES MORE sex hormone driving them into tolerating it for the sex).

Groovehound
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2014, 5:41 pm

goofygoobers wrote:
Nambo wrote:
There is something lovely about drunk Women, if only they could stay drunk all of the time.

That's unhealthy.

Wishing for the females to be less inhibited in an arguably quite overly-inhibited* religious/post-religious/conformist society... how is wishing for disinhibition in such a context UN-healthy?
More like the leading opposite. If you ignore the alcoholism aspect, and look deeper at what the OP is most likely wishing for... not alcohol-affected women categorically, but rather what most people use alcohol as a drug to achieve: being uninhibited, FUN women, not repressing themselves and being robots, right?

The main reason I'm any sort of humanist ('feminist' perhaps) is from my subjective experiences of seeing how uptight and socially-enslaved the majority of women are when it comes to freedom to choose a sexual partner. Especially when said partner, despite looking good to them, is 'weird' (socially-unacceptable / scary). That's how I noticed this first.

Objectively, not freely having sex based on ATTRACTION alone - results in an uglier society and perhaps a physically-weaker one, too.
Brazil for example, has never been Protestant - and has had a more liberal sexual culture - and look at how the freer gene-mixing has produced some pretty attractive results (note: super-unscientific analysis, but check it out for yourself if you like and tell me). Other Latin American countries, too. Not sure if a massive survey or facial recognition-based analysis would agree with me - but it's worth a thought...

Evolution over religion, no?
Happiness over unhappiness, no?

(*the word 'slut' and debate about it should be researched here)

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 6:04 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
[...] What's the difference between cute and beautiful by the way?

Personally I use all attractive words/phrases interchangeably, based on how I feel (or imagine) the tone (whatever the hell that is) of the situation.
The more officially romantic the word, the creepier it seems to be taken if not tempered somehow.

Usually you should bet that someone wise and thoughtful saying a temperate compliment such as... oh to pull something out at random... "cutie-pie" they mean, "You are so Very Attractive++, that I actually had the nerve to say it out loud."
The few times you lose this bet will be greatly out weighed by how often you'd win this bet.

How's that for an answer you gorgeously beautiful cutie-pie?

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 6:11 pm

Groovehound wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:
Nambo wrote:

That's unhealthy.

Wishing for the females to be less inhibited in an arguably quite overly-inhibited* religious/post-religious/conformist society... how is wishing for disinhibition in such a context UN-healthy?
More like the leading opposite. If you ignore the alcoholism aspect, and look deeper at what the OP is most likely wishing for... not alcohol-affected women categorically, but rather what most people use alcohol as a drug to achieve: being uninhibited, FUN women, not repressing themselves and being robots, right?

The main reason I'm any sort of humanist ('feminist' perhaps) is from my subjective experiences of seeing how uptight and socially-enslaved the majority of women are when it comes to freedom to choose a sexual partner. Especially when said partner, despite looking good to them, is 'weird' (socially-unacceptable / scary). That's how I noticed this first.

Objectively, not freely having sex based on ATTRACTION alone - results in an uglier society and perhaps a physically-weaker one, too.
Brazil for example, has never been Protestant - and has had a more liberal sexual culture - and look at how the freer gene-mixing has produced some pretty attractive results (note: super-unscientific analysis, but check it out for yourself if you like and tell me). Other Latin American countries, too. Not sure if a massive survey or facial recognition-based analysis would agree with me - but it's worth a thought...

Evolution over religion, no?
Happiness over unhappiness, no?

(*the word 'slut' and debate about it should be researched here)

Very thoughtful, makes sense to me.
Except that last bit about evolution and happieness, the addition of "no?" confuses me.

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 6:21 pm

1401b wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

Personally I use all attractive words/phrases interchangeably, based on how I feel (or imagine) the tone (whatever the hell that is) of the situation.
The more officially romantic the word, the creepier it seems to be taken if not tempered somehow.

Usually you should bet that someone wise and thoughtful saying a temperate compliment such as... oh to pull something out at random... "cutie-pie" they mean, "You are so Very Attractive++, that I actually had the nerve to say it out loud."
The few times you lose this bet will be greatly out weighed by how often you'd win this bet.

Exactly. Anytime I have the nerve to tell a woman she's cute, that's a pretty big understatement. :P :oops: :heart:

If I had my way and we could **** with zero fear of disease, pregnancy, regret or making the other uncomfortable, we'd ****.

But since there IS the risk of STD's/pregnancy/regret/making the other uncomfortable, I feel like I'm really pushing it just telling you you're attractive!

I still worry about the one time in maybe 100 that "betting" that a woman telling me I'm cute is dying to get at least a little friendly with me will result in harassment charges. Think about an analogous monetary bet: winning $1,000 90 times out of 100 is nice, but if just one of the 10 times you lose has you lose $1,000,000 (or even die) then it's not worth the risk.

AQ: 33

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:
1401b wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

Exactly. Anytime I have the nerve to tell a woman she's cute, that's a pretty big understatement. :P :oops: :heart:

If I had my way and we could **** with zero fear of disease, pregnancy, regret or making the other uncomfortable, we'd ****.

But since there IS the risk of STD's/pregnancy/regret/making the other uncomfortable, I feel like I'm really pushing it just telling you you're attractive!

I still worry about the one time in maybe 100 that "betting" that a woman telling me I'm cute is dying to get at least a little friendly with me will result in harassment charges. Think about an analogous monetary bet: winning $1,000 90 times out of 100 is nice, but if just one of the 10 times you lose has you lose $1,000,000 (or even die) then it's not worth the risk.

Oh, sorry, when I said, "you should bet," I meant girls.
Guys should just bet they're going to pay $ regardless, one way or another. Budget for it. heh =)

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 7:19 pm

Quote:
I guess I'm good looking according to my friends but I get really frustrated when drunk girls flirt with me and when they start to sober up, they're not interested at all

Here are just a few possibilities:
1. They remember they have a boyfriend or girlfriend or fiance or spouse when they sober up.
2. They remember they know nothing about you other than that you're good looking. Their sense of self preservation sets in, and walls come up.
3. It's your autism. It makes your conversation and non-verbal communication awkward or feel "off." They'd be more likely to follow a conversation or direct a conversation or analyze a conversation when sober. They'd also be more attuned to your body language and facial expressions and voice tone when sober. They'd also be be more likely to judge how your behavior fits within social norms when they're sober.

It could be other stuff, but those are some of the most likely culprits that come to my (female) mind.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 7:34 pm

Nambo wrote:

I don't get it, what's lovely about them? Holding their hair back when they puke all over the place? The way they slur and stumble around like a zombie? I must be very unlovely then because I don't drink.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 7:35 pm

BetwixtBetween wrote:
Quote:
I guess I'm good looking according to my friends but I get really frustrated when drunk girls flirt with me and when they start to sober up, they're not interested at all

Here are just a few possibilities:
1. They remember they have a boyfriend or girlfriend or fiance or spouse when they sober up.
2. They remember they know nothing about you other than that you're good looking. Their sense of self preservation sets in, and walls come up.
3. It's your autism. It makes your conversation and non-verbal communication awkward or feel "off." They'd be more likely to follow a conversation or direct a conversation or analyze a conversation when sober. They'd also be more attuned to your body language and facial expressions and voice tone when sober. They'd also be be more likely to judge how your behavior fits within social norms when they're sober.

It could be other stuff, but those are some of the most likely culprits that come to my (female) mind.

4. They're weird. Girls are weird. Don't take it personal.
If they like you when they're honest... I mean drunk ...then you are a likeable person to women.

The End
everybody shut up.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 7:51 pm

BetwixtBetween's idea about the women treating you (or anyone, really) differently when they're sober brought to mind some slang I'd forgotten: beer goggles!

I hate the way that term is used sometimes, because some people use it as an insult--as in, "I thought the girl I met at the party last Saturday was hot, but I saw today and realized it was just the beer goggles. Man, she's ugly!" Note: I believe you when you say that you're visually appealing. :) I'm just pointing out the way the words can be turned.

However tacky the term might be in certain contexts, it is a very succinct way of pointing out that our judgment is indeed often impaired by alcohol! Just as booze can lead to tears when someone's insecurities and shortcomings come to light and overwhelm the drunken one, it can also lead people to feel better about themselves: more courageous, safer, sexier, and so on. They're more likely to see others differently, too.

Last edited by KimD on 10 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Nambo wrote:

I don't get it, what's lovely about them? Holding their hair back when they puke all over the place? The way they slur and stumble around like a zombie? I must be very unlovely then because I don't drink.

uh, yeah, that exactly, it's far more fun that being b!tched at all night.

It's just humor, and guy humor at that -you wouldn't "get it," though humor often has truth in it.
Don't get so uptight, okay so you might be missing one type of the 12,485 types of "lovely," maybe you have lovely ankles, or delightful earlobes, or exquisite eyebrows, don't slit your willowy wrists just yet.

12,484 outta 12,485 'snot bad. =)

CaptanPolarBear
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Dec 2014, 2:04 am

Nambo wrote:

This...Made my day.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 9:42 am

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:
1401b wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

I didn't know that. I actually think they meant that I was an average looking chick with a sweet smile or something and that guys might deem that cute. But now I know better, thanks.

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2014, 2:20 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I guess I'm good looking according to my friends but I get really frustrated when drunk girls flirt with me and when they start to sober up, they're not interested at all :(

Why do girls do this sometimes? It's like there pulling my leg or something.

Maybe they still do when they are sober. But it's too subtle for you...