How to be an alpha male in high school.

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 11:19 am

Quote:
There are a lot of bad people on TheRedPill but they are not 'nice guys'and it's funny that women here seem to utterly despise 'nice guys', this fits into TheRedPills narrative because they are aware that women either hate less-than-ideal males, or those males are basically invisible to them. That fits RIGHT into their narrative VERY well and it paints a pretty clear picture of what women really think about 'nice guys'.

It reveals what women think about men who act nice with the delusion that behaving that way entitles them to sex.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 11:53 am

I enjoy acting "nice." If that makes me an "omega" man, so be it!

I never feel "entitled" to sex. If I feel especially desirious, I just go off into a room, and...you know....

One has to make one's own way in the world. One is not "entitled" to help with that. It's "nice," though, when that help is provided. That is called altruism. I don't care if the altruism has a "selfish" intent--it's still altruisim.

potatopotato
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: You're never gonna believe this but..... *whispers* Wrong Planet

03 Jan 2015, 2:26 pm

I see I must clarify:

A Nice Guy, note the capital letters, is someone who will befriend or otherwise interact with a woman, all the while expecting and believing that he is 'owed' for these interactions and is entitled to sex and/or a romantic relationship with her, simply because he is a good listener for example. He does this under the guise of a good friend, and then when she is not attracted to him he exclaims it is because all women want are jerks and he's such a Nice Guy, why is this happening to him? He didn't do anything wrong. After all, he was simply being Nice, why wouldn't she throw herself at him? The Nice Guy disregards that women, just like men, are not a catchall and have many different interests and personalities, and instead determines that women are shallow, only searching for material and status symbols. He may try to guilt girls into dating him as well.

By contrast, an actual nice guy, note lack of capitals, is genuinely nice because he happens to be a good person. He isn't befriending women so that they can owe him things but because he appreciates them for their personality, much as he does for his male friends. In fact, this nice guy is a position upgraded simply to decent human being and is a position that can be held by either sex.

Also, the very idea that a relationship that YOU wish to be in is beyond your power and is completely up to the other person who may or may not realize your designs upon them, is positively ridiculous. A relationship takes at least two people, one of them is YOU. If you choose to focus on self improvement rather than a misguided and simplistic confirmation bias, you will attract people who are also focused on self improvement no matter their sex. If you don't wish to, like attracts like in this case, so why not find people who are similar to you instead?

Scientifically and statistically it is highly improbable that out of all a Nice Guy's failed relationships, he is completely without fault. It cannot simply be that for some reason, 51% of the planet is vile and less than human for not wanting to date him. For one, his sample size is no where near 51% and its like saying whales are mammals, whales live in water, all mammals live in water. In other words a logical fallacy. Secondly, this whole narrative hinges on the idea that, as has already been mentioned, Women Owe You Sex And Love and it is their fault for not providing it, which is dehumanizing to them, and an entitlement complex for those who believe it.

If you think this is absurd keep in mind that cultists, for example, cling even harder to their beliefs when their divine leader is exposed as a fraud to the outside world, or sent to jail, or rapes young children. They take the opposition as evidence that they are right, and everyone else is simply testing their faith and will burn in good time. It is only the true followers who really know what is what after all. This is the same for any cherished theory, however unproved and ridden with holes.

Finally, trying to boil human behavior down to animalistic impulses is perhaps exactly as TRP strategy is failing. This would work with dogs, or ducks and even deer probably, but for some reason the people on the forum are using it for human females, which is weird because they could probably get any duck they chose, studly as they are. Again, it completely disregards the individual personalities and talents of both the men and women who partake in it and paves the way for domestic abuse, victim blaming and rape with the unspoken (although always) narrative of 'she was asking for it' or 'boys will be boys'. Not to mention this has the hidden cost of harming men as well. Trying to conform to a societal stereotype of manhood which promotes aggression, no emotion besides anger is conforming to a culture which shames men for crying, feeling and caring for others. It is slowly being recognized for the damage it does, and is most definitely the reason fathers may never tell their sons they love them, not once in their entire lives.

:::;D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 4:02 pm

potatopotato wrote:
I see I must clarify:

A Nice Guy, note the capital letters, is someone who will befriend or otherwise interact with a woman, all the while expecting and believing that he is 'owed' for these interactions and is entitled to sex and/or a romantic relationship with her, simply because he is a good listener for example. He does this under the guise of a good friend, and then when she is not attracted to him he exclaims it is because all women want are jerks and he's such a Nice Guy, why is this happening to him? He didn't do anything wrong. After all, he was simply being Nice, why wouldn't she throw herself at him? The Nice Guy disregards that women, just like men, are not a catchall and have many different interests and personalities, and instead determines that women are shallow, only searching for material and status symbols. He may try to guilt girls into dating him as well.

By contrast, an actual nice guy, note lack of capitals, is genuinely nice because he happens to be a good person. He isn't befriending women so that they can owe him things but because he appreciates them for their personality, much as he does for his male friends. In fact, this nice guy is a position upgraded simply to decent human being and is a position that can be held by either sex.

Also, the very idea that a relationship that YOU wish to be in is beyond your power and is completely up to the other person who may or may not realize your designs upon them, is positively ridiculous. A relationship takes at least two people, one of them is YOU. If you choose to focus on self improvement rather than a misguided and simplistic confirmation bias, you will attract people who are also focused on self improvement no matter their sex. If you don't wish to, like attracts like in this case, so why not find people who are similar to you instead?

Scientifically and statistically it is highly improbable that out of all a Nice Guy's failed relationships, he is completely without fault. It cannot simply be that for some reason, 51% of the planet is vile and less than human for not wanting to date him. For one, his sample size is no where near 51% and its like saying whales are mammals, whales live in water, all mammals live in water. In other words a logical fallacy. Secondly, this whole narrative hinges on the idea that, as has already been mentioned, Women Owe You Sex And Love and it is their fault for not providing it, which is dehumanizing to them, and an entitlement complex for those who believe it.

If you think this is absurd keep in mind that cultists, for example, cling even harder to their beliefs when their divine leader is exposed as a fraud to the outside world, or sent to jail, or rapes young children. They take the opposition as evidence that they are right, and everyone else is simply testing their faith and will burn in good time. It is only the true followers who really know what is what after all. This is the same for any cherished theory, however unproved and ridden with holes.

Finally, trying to boil human behavior down to animalistic impulses is perhaps exactly as TRP strategy is failing. This would work with dogs, or ducks and even deer probably, but for some reason the people on the forum are using it for human females, which is weird because they could probably get any duck they chose, studly as they are. Again, it completely disregards the individual personalities and talents of both the men and women who partake in it and paves the way for domestic abuse, victim blaming and rape with the unspoken (although always) narrative of 'she was asking for it' or 'boys will be boys'. Not to mention this has the hidden cost of harming men as well. Trying to conform to a societal stereotype of manhood which promotes aggression, no emotion besides anger is conforming to a culture which shames men for crying, feeling and caring for others. It is slowly being recognized for the damage it does, and is most definitely the reason fathers may never tell their sons they love them, not once in their entire lives.

^^ Tarantella64, we are so bored to tears of this Nice Guys speech already (and anything related to Nice Guys really).

Enough, Nice Guys with capital letters are devils who deserve to die, we got that already zillion of times ages ago.

KayteeKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2015, 5:54 pm

This attempting to fake that you're an alpha male clearly isn't working.

Try. Another. Approach!!

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 6:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I enjoy acting "nice." If that makes me an "omega" man, so be it!

I never feel "entitled" to sex. If I feel especially desirious, I just go off into a room, and...you know....

One has to make one's own way in the world. One is not "entitled" to help with that. It's "nice," though, when that help is provided. That is called altruism. I don't care if the altruism has a "selfish" intent--it's still altruisim.

Mostly, it's a case of autistics not understanding sarcasm.

The designation of "nice guy" usually means "entitled jerk," but the terminology is less-than-ideal.

Personally, I'd prefer if women would say "entitled jerk" as opposed to a sarcastic label of "nice guy," but that's just me. Anyway, my father was a nice guy (not in the sarcastic sense), and I totally support other nice guys.

You guys rock. Women who can't appreciate it suck donkey butt.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

potatopotato
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: You're never gonna believe this but..... *whispers* Wrong Planet

03 Jan 2015, 8:42 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^^ Tarantella64, we are so bored to tears of this Nice Guys speech already (and anything related to Nice Guys really).

Enough, Nice Guys with capital letters are devils who deserve to die, we got that already zillion of times ages ago.

I am confused. Who is Tarantella64? Am I supposed to be impersonating her? :?:

Anyhow I was expositing only because I found one of the lucky 10,000.

:::;D

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jan 2015, 1:47 am

Any woman who believes in s**t like "Nice Guys" and "friend zones" should just rot in Hell! I am fed up trying to explain false dichotomies, slippery slopes, and self contradictions are to them. I'm somehow a "misogynist" because I point out logical fallacies to them. They always argue back "not all women are like that.". No s**t, if I thought all women were like that, I would've claimed all women were like that, instead of speaking directly to a specific woman who IS like that!

I am aware that I "reek of desperation" for doing even just a teeny tiny bit of complaining. But, at least I don't go on and on and on about it, in a FREAKING ESSAY!

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 6:25 am

Ooga, ooga ooga, booga ooga. Ooga ooga ooga booga. Booga ooga.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 5:37 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Ooga, ooga ooga, booga ooga. Ooga ooga ooga booga. Booga ooga.

OOGA BOOGA BOOGAAA!! !!

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2015, 2:56 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
The designation of "nice guy" usually means "entitled jerk," but the terminology is less-than-ideal.

Personally, I'd prefer if women would say "entitled jerk" as opposed to a sarcastic label of "nice guy," but that's just me. Anyway, my father was a nice guy (not in the sarcastic sense), and I totally support other nice guys.

I agree, all this improper terminology makes everything unclear, can we just use the proper terms for proper people instead of generalizing. Some women use it for men who are manipulative/abusive, while some other people use it for men that are not aggressive, and the rest use it the proper literal way.

Kyuubi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2015, 7:08 pm

Echolalia wrote:
Why do proponents of the alpha male myth always seem to refer to women as a mindless collective?

Because that's what high school girls are....... Call me a woman hater but it's the truth.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 7:14 pm

I couldn't get a date in high school. I was a short, schlumpy guy who was rather nerdy. I used to do stupid things, like show up in school looking like a pimp.

Still, I never thought of high school girls as a "mindless collective." They did tend to congregate in "cliques"--but, alone, the girls were able to show their individual side.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 12:28 am

Kyuubi wrote:
Echolalia wrote:
Why do proponents of the alpha male myth always seem to refer to women as a mindless collective?

Because that's what high school girls are....... Call me a woman hater but it's the truth.

No it isn't. You're just unobservant; you only notice what serves to reinforce your own prejudices.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 1:19 am

Well to be fair most people, guys and gals, are pretty much mindless herd animals. Finding a girl who doesn't care about what her girlfriends thinks about you is rare, finding a girl who doesn't care what her family will think of you is rarer yet. The ones that care will want a man that society deems appropriate, they're just following the herd, chasing their instincts, which is fine, but it leaves people looking for something else rather alone, and if somebody wants to stop being alone, they will have to play by societies unspoken rules.

Nietzsche quote that I think is relevant:

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 2:19 pm

So you haven't tried the peeing stuff?