Did girls always want to date you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nichard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2015, 10:27 pm

Not at first, but I quickly became intimidatingly desirable.
Once I started wearing big boy clothes (basically anything that isn't a tee shirt and sweatpants or dudebro attire, and pay attention to the fit) and styling my hair the big boy way (Not spiked, guys. Go with a solid classic, same as clothes.), I stood out from the other guys. Standing out made girls notice my decent face and body, as well as my attitude. They perceived me to be aloof and cool, but I'm actually just a misanthrope who prefers solitude and hates physical contact.
They thought I was a bad boy or something, and often couldn't keep their hands(or other body parts) to themselves.

Mr. Powers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2015, 5:54 am

1df5e76 wrote:
Is this thread supposed to provide an ego boost or something?

You are totally and utterly incorrect.

The thread is inspired from this thread of Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/seduction/comments/317zuv/they_all_seem_to_want_relationships_instead_of_sex/

1df5e76
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Apr 2015, 12:02 pm

Mr. Powers wrote:
You are totally and utterly incorrect.

Good to know. :roll:

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:02 pm

High school and years up ahead to meet girls are very shallow. Being a setup for other another guy to say screw you man, she don't want you. Is more disturbing. The rules of interaction, includes being straight forward. Not pretending. Be more engaged. Not having the wrong girls to say your cute because they can. Insecurity plays a big play. Examine emotions and physical attraction. Including touching. You have to make sure they are really into you. If she comes up and kisses you or holds hand. She is just testing and seeing how you are and then goes for other men. But still its hard to tell how women are in terms to making things possible. Other wise your not satisfying their agenda. Its like the book of getting the ball game right. Play until you see boredom or no attraction anymore.

Marxeus
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2015, 10:01 am

From my freshman to the end of Sophomore year, girls I felt more put up with me than anything. Around Junior year, girls seemed to flock out of the sky and would talk to me. It wasn't until my senior year though that I came to the conclusion that I was the stereotypical "gay best friend". (Me being straight and loving theater.) I don't know. High school had always acted as a testing ground.
Girls were weird.. 8O

darthsuhtek
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2015, 11:14 am

I honestly wouldn't know if a girl liked me(in a romantic sense) to begin with. I don't think there is a problem being direct with your responses to questions. If anyone asks you questions they are just interested in getting to know you. I think maybe if you are interested in them(even as a friend) you could also ask them about themselves, with no other motive besides wanting to interact with another human being.

anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2015, 4:30 pm

i think so.. girls were generally attracted to me, but i wasnt interested and was too anxious to respond.. its my biggest regret as i no longer have opportunities like that. i am now rotting away in loneliness and feel my chance at experiencing love or intimacy etc. is rapidly dwindling.. i don't wanna get into details though and i'm going i've digressed.

Adam55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm

never

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 8:32 am

They seem rather to ignore me.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 10:34 am

Mr. Powers wrote:
Back when I was a teen and a young man girls always wanted to date me exclusively; meaning girls wanted to be my girlfriend (girls I met during the daytime).

I was, frankly, very annoyed with that. Especially some that were very pushy and downright annoying in that respect.

I honestly think that kinda pushed me very far into my shell which I pretty much closed for good; and haven't been able to open despite wanting to these past few years.

But an article on Reddit made me realize that I could have been at a fault - a guy with the same problem as I had posted and a commenter pretty much said it was because he never teased them, and always answered them with a straight answer. Like if a girl would ask him what his parents did for a living he would answer and tell the truth, instead of saying, for example, "Oh, my mother's a stripper and my dad's a drug dealer".

I've always been stupendously honest and a "do-right" kinda person, so answering in that regard never crossed my mind.

But what about you guys - what have your experiences been?

Dating is much easier in my mid 20's than it was in my teens. Teenage girls mostly care about popularity, what parties you get invited to and so on.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

No, not at all, even though I had crush after crush on many girls.

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2015, 9:34 pm

JP88 wrote:
will@rd wrote:
I was told by a couple of girls I went to High School with that they used to talk to each other about how cute I was, but they never told me. I didn't hear about it until I was moving away after graduation. :roll:

My sister had gone to a wedding a couple years back and a couple girls I graduated high school with (both popular and pretty), one being my crush in middle school, ended up being sat with my sister at a table. After talking, she found out they went to my school and asked if they knew me.

They then proceeded to say that I was always a quiet kid but that I was really nice, caring and that I was always friendly to everyone (even though I was picked on). So if that was the case, why didn't you get to know me instead of ignoring me...

:x

Wow, this is really interesting, sounds like me. I was very quiet and aloof in high school, I didn't feel comfortable around the other kids at all, but I was nice to everyone and built up a very good reputation. What I have found is that reputation sticks and that all the momentary awkwardness is forgotten and forgiven. Especially if you do well for yourself out in the real world, a lot of people are gonna crawl out of the woodwork and act like they have a place in your new life, and at worst, it would be something like that - someone who decides that you're now really attractive. Too bad I live across the country now and if anyone from high school really did want me to stick around and be a long-term friend or more, they certainly missed their chance!

I'm doing better nowadays, sex and what people my age consider to be "love" is just not that important to me at all. My first relationship was an absolute disaster, it wasn't what I wanted at all so I ended it abruptly, but at least I learned a lot from it. The most important thing that I learned was that you can't just go for someone because they're good looking and they like you and want to be around you - that's desperation - you have to get to the bottom of them and make sure you are compatible. So now the question is more what I want. I don't mind being alone at all, so I would rather wait for someone who I think is really special and I am very compatible with, than just go for another "learning experience".

They are few and far between but they are out there, it's something to dream about...