I like it when mediocre girls (with plump bodies) like me

Page 2 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 2:15 am

He said that he likes how they make him feel and he thinks they are awesome for what they are, because the looks are not everything. I don't think we have enough evidence to say that he feels superior to them or only uses them for his ego.
Liking being looked up to is centainly not a war crime, and often in relationships a partner looks up to the other.
Maybe he was just a bit blunt and said "mediocre" to mean that they are not really top models.
All this doesn't mean that he is a good person, I am saying that we don't have enough data to say otherwise.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 3:19 am

Peacesells wrote:
He said that he likes how they make him feel and he thinks they are awesome for what they are, because the looks are not everything. I don't think we have enough evidence to say that he feels superior to them or only uses them for his ego.
Liking being looked up to is centainly not a war crime, and often in relationships a partner looks up to the other.
Maybe he was just a bit blunt and said "mediocre" to mean that they are not really top models.
All this doesn't mean that he is a good person, I am saying that we don't have enough data to say otherwise.

Well, mediocre is a very poor choice of word tho.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 3:41 am

Yes, it's something of an ego thing.

Me, I am a teenage male and eat healthy and exercise/work out.

I seem more attracted to females less fit than me and less active/sporty.

I just seem to aspire to be the one more into fitness than the other. I also find more sporty females intimdating and slightly less attractive.

I care about them just as much as me and also appreciate both their looks and personality.

It's just sometimes we have certain 'talents' or abilities about us that we would enjoy if our partner praised us for it.

This is actually somewhat natural, it means they support you in whatever you do.

If the girl i am dating excelled at something or was simply more skilled at something than I am (like maybe we both like to draw but she is oh-so-much better than me) then yes I would compliment her on her ability.

I am sure she would feel the exact same way back.

We shouldn't DEMAND that our partner's always support us in our hobbies/interests/job/whatever but I think we all feel a little good about ourselves when there is something about us our partner has not only noticed, but also unlike most normal people appreciate it as well.

OP, it depends sir on just how far you take it.

If all you want are some out of shape women to flatter you with compliments on your nice body just to boost your ego, then there is a problem.

But if it is just a genuine feeling of happiness that someone likes a particular thing about you, then that's fine.

It's the same thing with a funny guy who can make his woman laugh. He's nothing but an egoist if he makes jokes to make her laugh and feel great about himself and use her, but if he is funny and she simply likes that about him, then it's okay.

USE your partners appreciation for your qualities, don't ABUSE them.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 4:33 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

As a matter of fact people with mediocre bodies exist and if he likes them, who are we to judge? I can see why he would avoid saying such words in front of them not to hurt their feelings, but I don't see a reason for that here.

fluffyfluff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2015, 4:58 am

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:24 am

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

As a matter of fact people with mediocre bodies exist and if he likes them, who are we to judge? I can see why he would avoid saying such words in front of them not to hurt their feelings, but I don't see a reason for that here.

If by 'mediocre' he means more by societies standards and less by his own, then I completely agree.

Me personally I am into girls who are 'plain' and 'average' by societies standards, to my own they are attractive.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:55 am

Outrider wrote:
If by 'mediocre' he means more by societies standards and less by his own, then I completely agree.

That's what he said:
Lukario wrote:
I think they're awesome the way the are, looks aren't everything, in the end the chemistry matters and the whole package is good for me.

But people here keep saying that he is a monster or something.
Quote:
Me personally I am into girls who are 'plain' and 'average' by societies standards, to my own they are attractive.

Yes and in the end the word mediocre can also be a synonym of average.
P.S.: I thought being a bit blunt in expressing one self can be an Asperger trait, isn't it?

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 6:11 am

I don't think "mediocre" is the right word, but lets not get caught up in it.

I think it is fine to feel some boost from girls that like your body and perhaps look up to you for being physically fit and active. They admire you. I think it is important for couples to feel admiration for each other. I also think it helps when they are not admiring each other for the same exact thing because then they could be in competition, which would not be good.

My husband and I are both musicians, but we play different instruments and are good at different aspects of music. So, we can pursue the same general thing (music) but still admire each other for our different skills without being in competition. So, if it happened that two people were into sports, it would be better if they were in different sports.

But there's nothing at all wrong with liking girls that are NOT sporty or very active and who are a little "plump" and can admire your physique, just as long as there's something about them that you admire too.

Honestly, being on the plump side myself, I'd be very happy if a fit & trim guy was into me. (This is hypothetical of course, since I'm married.) My point is that I think the girls who are not "model material" automatically assume that guys who have the right body wouldn't be interested because their standards for looks and fitness would be higher than they could reach.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 6:24 am

WP ladies make me feel good when I drive them crazy with my trolling.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 6:34 am

nurseangela wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
These girls...

I don't know if I want to ask, but....what does that even mean???

Firewood for his ego.

I still don't get it, Boo.

The wood is fuel...fuel for the ego.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 6:41 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Huh who?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 6:58 am

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Huh who?

Just ask around, they will tell you.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 7:03 am

These virgins are mediocre.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 7:10 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Just ask around, they will tell you.

Oh ok, you replied to me last time so I thought maybe you meant me. And I am a dude.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 1:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

yeah if he liked how they looked he wouldn't call them that. I don't call women i find pretty ugly because others might. I use words to describe how I see them. so he wouldn't call them mediocre unless he saw them as such also. so he seems to view them as not as good as other women.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 2:44 pm

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

yeah if he liked how they looked he wouldn't call them that. I don't call women i find pretty ugly because others might. I use words to describe how I see them. so he wouldn't call them mediocre unless he saw them as such also. so he seems to view them as not as good as other women.

Maybe... he's not native english speaker tho.