I also could use help with my Okcupid profile..

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Factory Ten
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2016, 1:16 am

Any tips, suggestions, or pointers? I'm afraid to include stuff about my Asperger's/ASD, MDD, and GAD. I am also nervous about how to include that I really am a simple person that would rather sit around the house and cuddle than go out to places.

Last edited by Skilpadde on 04 Feb 2016, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.: Link removed on request

Factory Ten
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2016, 1:35 am

Only Okcupid members can see my profile. This is intentional.

Also, for anyone with experience in online dating - I feel uncomfortable messaging first due to my shyness. Does this basically torpedo any chance I have?

(posted as reply instead of edit since I seem to be having "error" trouble with the edit function)

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 7:34 am

I can't see your profile but yes, not sending first messages makes things much harder for you male or female. The biggest thing is to accept you WILL be rejected. A lot. Most of it has nothing to do with you (for example, you might look like an ex, they are having a bad day, they project their flaws onto you) but if you don't message you won't get anywhere. If you just want to sit around the house, SAY IT! One thing that annoyed me about online dating (especially that site) is that nearly everyone is a carbon copy of each other.

Of course, I think that site is a complete waste of time but I digress. Just don't take it too seriously and realize most people on dating sites are flaky and ambivalent about being in a relationship.