20% of men get 80% of women?

Page 7 of 16 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2016, 12:42 am

Nocturnus wrote:
People will be inclined to different attitudes towards sex and that is largely dependent on many factors.

Cultural perception and social norms play a strong role when it comes to sexual practices.

These things play a strong role in peoples attitudes towards sexual practices, but not nearly as much as you'd think when it comes to what people really do in the bedroom.

Americans are INCREDIBLY perverted. Even the most wholesome, conservative, traditional ones who live deep in the bible belt(in fact those rural people are really twisted).

Conservative values and repression cause people to become more and more kinky and sexually devious. Look at what happened during the Victorian era! The late 19th century was really the zenith of Kink in Britain.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 12:43 am

AR15000 wrote:
Nocturnus wrote:
People will be inclined to different attitudes towards sex and that is largely dependent on many factors. Cultural perception and social norms play a strong role when it comes to sexual practices.

These things play a strong role in peoples attitudes towards sexual practices, but not nearly as much as you'd think when it comes to what people really do in the bedroom. Americans are INCREDIBLY perverted. Even the most wholesome, conservative, traditional ones who live deep in the bible belt(in fact those rural people are really twisted). Conservative values and repression cause people to become more and more kinky and sexually devious. Look at what happened during the Victorian era! The late 19th century was really the zenith of Kink in Britain.

what specific practices qualify as perverted? :mrgreen:

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2016, 1:10 am

auntblabby wrote:
AR15000 wrote:
Nocturnus wrote:
People will be inclined to different attitudes towards sex and that is largely dependent on many factors. Cultural perception and social norms play a strong role when it comes to sexual practices.

These things play a strong role in peoples attitudes towards sexual practices, but not nearly as much as you'd think when it comes to what people really do in the bedroom. Americans are INCREDIBLY perverted. Even the most wholesome, conservative, traditional ones who live deep in the bible belt(in fact those rural people are really twisted). Conservative values and repression cause people to become more and more kinky and sexually devious. Look at what happened during the Victorian era! The late 19th century was really the zenith of Kink in Britain.

Incest? Bestiality? Need I go on....?

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 1:12 am

auntblabby wrote:

Another inquiring mind wants to know :twisted:

I've read once that nothing, no matter how weird or unusual qualifies as perversion as long as both partners are willing participants and both derive pleasure from it. I tend to agree.

The Victorians were indeed a nasty bunch in this respect, it's not so much that they would get up to things people haven't been doing for centuries, as their general attitude towards the body and sex. Repression is a terrible thing and deeply associating sex with shame, guilt and seeing yourself and others as "dirty" poisons the mind and will often lead to terrible behaviour and thoughts towards others.

Edit: spelling

Last edited by BenderRodriguez on 19 Mar 2016, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 1:19 am

AR15000 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
AR15000 wrote:
Nocturnus wrote:

Incest? Bestiality? Need I go on....?

HMMMmmmm.... :scratch: I read a few days ago, I think it was new Hampshire, the state legislature tried to pass a law banning bestiality but they got pushback from the farmers who were worried that somebody would see them inseminating cows or other such farm stuff and drop a dime on them. anyways, it seems that sorta stuff was popular in certain northern European countries with a reputation for sexual liberalness.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 3:13 am

AR15000 wrote:
These things play a strong role in peoples attitudes towards sexual practices, but not nearly as much as you'd think when it comes to what people really do in the bedroom.

Some of the kink doesn't go on in the bedroom. :mrgreen:

In fact, the bedroom variation in typical people mostly seems to be about positions, which isn't much if any variation at all. No wonder many women want guys to finish ASAP. :twisted:

AR15000 wrote:
Americans are INCREDIBLY perverted. Even the most wholesome, conservative, traditional ones who live deep in the bible belt(in fact those rural people are really twisted).

Conservative values and repression cause people to become more and more kinky and sexually devious. Look at what happened during the Victorian era! The late 19th century was really the zenith of Kink in Britain.

Yes, but feeling disgust towards sexual intercourse and one-night-stands doesn't mean you also think kink is bad. Those are different things.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 4:02 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
There's a lot of misinterpretation of that article going on. An article about a survey with 71 respondents, too, meaning it probably doesn't warrant much attention.

That's no too bad given that most research on autism uses a lot smaller samples than that.

If I found the subject a little more interesting, I could have researched it in Aspie Quiz, and gotten 1,000s of answers. However, given the high prevalence of asexuality in ND women, it's a given that these responses will be common, so I won't waste people's time on it. :mrgreen:

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 4:26 am

AR15000 wrote:
Stop acting like you're an expert on women just because you've been married to 1(ONE/ EINS/ UNO/ YEDIN/ ICHI) woman.

You know what, I find being married to only ONE and only having had sexual intercourse to reproduce, is quite a feat in an oversexualized culture as ours. It makes me an "expert" on those that doesn't fit into the prevalent ideas of sex and relationships. :mrgreen:

If I had the inclination, I could probably have had sex with 3 or 4, and maybe even managed some one-night-stands.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 5:05 am

Quote:

what an indistinct assertion is that?

that means that 80% of men get the remaining 20% of women,

and that therefore means that the remaining 20% of women get 80% of men.

so the 20% of the women that the 20% of the winner men do not get, get 80% of the men, so they must be the more desirable women.

who knows? who cares? life is an individual thing.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 8:36 am

b9 wrote:
Quote:

No, it means that the second 20% of men get the remaining 20% of women.

The bottom 60% of men go without sex.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 8:52 am

Aspie1 wrote:
b9 wrote:
Quote:

No, it means that the second 20% of men get the remaining 20% of women.

The bottom 60% of men go without sex.

oh well i did not read any link if there was one. i just took the title at face value, and at face value, what i replied is correct.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 9:22 am

There's almost a 1-to-1 correspondence between men/women throughout most of the world.

It's obvious that the above assertion is ridiculous.

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2016, 9:50 am

rdos wrote:
AR15000 wrote:
Stop acting like you're an expert on women just because you've been married to 1(ONE/ EINS/ UNO/ YEDIN/ ICHI) woman.

You know what, I find being married to only ONE and only having had sexual intercourse to reproduce, is quite a feat in an oversexualized culture as ours. It makes me an "expert" on those that doesn't fit into the prevalent ideas of sex and relationships. :mrgreen:

Quote:
If I had the inclination, I could probably have had sex with 3 or 4, and maybe even managed some one-night-stands.

I believe ya! There are millions of people who have gotten married and had children here in my culture so the fact that you are married with children really doesn't make you that special. Get over it.

LillaA
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Mar 2016, 2:09 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
But is it really viable to think that 80% of women are even open to casual sex? I would say not.

Just throwing out another possibility that could still make the theory true:
Women can think (or convince themselves that they think) it's not casual sex even when it is. They'll think (or tell themselves they think) there's a "real connection", especially when they're drinking, then after the one-night stand discover that it was just casual sex. So, 80% is high, but I'd say at least around 50% of women are open (at least at some point in their lives) to casual sex. Not myself, but listening to female coworkers, I've been shocked. :lol: The other 30% could be closely approached with people who "thought it was something more". Maybe not from a one-night-stand, but a guy could get laid within a week (which I would still consider "casual sex") by playing his game right for her to think it was a "real connection".

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 2:55 pm

LillaA wrote:
But is it really viable to think that 80% of women are even open to casual sex? I would say not.

Women can think (or convince themselves that they think) it's not casual sex even when it is. They'll think (or tell themselves they think) there's a "real connection", especially when they're drinking, then after the one-night stand discover that it was just casual sex. So, 80% is high, but I'd say at least around 50% of women are open (at least at some point in their lives) to casual sex. Not myself, but listening to female coworkers, I've been shocked. :lol: The other 30% could be closely approached with people who "thought it was something more". Maybe not from a one-night-stand, but a guy could get laid within a week (which I would still consider "casual sex") by playing his game right for her to think it was a "real connection".

I think you might be right. However, the claims of some guys is that girls like casual sex as much as guys, which I find highly unlikely. It's in the biology of women to require more than just casual sex, and contraceptives will not change that. The same is basically true also for regular sexual intercourse in a relationship. While women certainly desire this if they want children, they are less likely to want it under other circumstances, because avoiding unwanted pregnancies is also part of their biology, and these mechanisms don't fully understand "contraceptives".

LillaA
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Mar 2016, 3:18 pm

rdos wrote:
LillaA wrote:

I think you might be right. However, the claims of some guys is that girls like casual sex as much as guys, which I find highly unlikely. It's in the biology of women to require more than just casual sex, and contraceptives will not change that. The same is basically true also for regular sexual intercourse in a relationship. While women certainly desire this if they want children, they are less likely to want it under other circumstances, because avoiding unwanted pregnancies is also part of their biology, and these mechanisms don't fully understand "contraceptives".

Your first point I would agree with as a general statement, though there's of course some women who do want more casual sex (like I said, I'd say 50% are at least at points in their life open to it, but I think the percentage is higher for guys), and I think the rate is trending up, but I'd agree that guys generally speaking are still more likely than girls to want casual sex.

Your second point regarding intercourse in established relationships, though, I would disagree with. Within a relationship, women crave intercourse as an expression of intimacy (emotional as well as physical), and thus crave it regardless of desire for children - even women who strongly don't want to have children. My friends who were trying to conceive would often see sex as a chore required for it (in other words, desire for children didn't raise their sex drive). How "in love" a girl feels with her partner seems to influence her sex drive more than her desire for children, at least among the friends I've had. If she's having issues with her partner, that will but wants a kid, she won't be interested in sex; however, if she's having a good time in her relationship with her partner, but doesn't want kids, she'll still want sex.