Do you think u'll end up a 40 y.o. virgin?

Page 9 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Do u think u'll end up a 40 y. o. virgin?
Already am (you already hit age 40 and is a virgin) 9%  9%  [ 11 ]
Oh ya, for sure 14%  14%  [ 18 ]
Probably 21%  21%  [ 27 ]
50/50 chance 15%  15%  [ 19 ]
probably not 34%  34%  [ 43 ]
eww, I'd rather be desperate and go for one night stands 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 127

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 2:19 am

blackicmenace wrote:

On behalf of the female counterpart, I'd like to apologize for the Neanderthals. I really don't understand why some males feel the need to degrade women that just want to be treated equally and fairly. It's as if they are afraid their manhood is under attack if you aren't submissive. At a primitive instinctual level, I feel the need to protect women so that type of thinking disgusts me. You may not like me saying that, but it's part of me in the sense of fight or flight, purely reflexive. I fully understand you are capable of protecting yourself, I just can't understand why some men act the way they do.

Evidence showed that Neanderthal women joined men in the hunt.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 2:51 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

On behalf of the female counterpart, I'd like to apologize for the Neanderthals. I really don't understand why some males feel the need to degrade women that just want to be treated equally and fairly. It's as if they are afraid their manhood is under attack if you aren't submissive. At a primitive instinctual level, I feel the need to protect women so that type of thinking disgusts me. You may not like me saying that, but it's part of me in the sense of fight or flight, purely reflexive. I fully understand you are capable of protecting yourself, I just can't understand why some men act the way they do.

Evidence showed that Neanderthal women joined men in the hunt.

Maybe someone should inform the knuckle draggers they are doing it wrong. These types of guys typically are the type that thinks violence against women is okay to keep them submissive. Can't respect that type of person so don't bother sticking up for them.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 9:16 am

wilburforce wrote:
Don't apologise--if you want to help, then talk to other men about it. When you hear men being gross about women, speak up and let them know that's not OK. Guys like that are more likely to listen to you than they are to me; they are more likely to consider your point of view and care about your opinion of them because you are male. Let them know they are not in the majority, that other men (good men) look down on their behaviour and think it's pathetic--that will matter to them more than it bothering me and other women will matter.
Actually, men who are strongly opposed to PUA are referred to as "white knights", and aren't looked up to, either. So their opinion isn't likely to be taken seriously, unless they can present compelling personal examples. Sorry! It is what it is. Also, some of the early PUA material, before that term even existed, even suggest things that today's PUA authors would be horrified at, like regularly giving small gifts to make yourself look generous. So PUA does evolve; "negging" will be replaced by something else in 5 to 10 years.

And you know what? A lot of us men don't like using PUA tactics. We just do it because we have to, because the "nice" tactics failed us, because we're trying to keep ourselves from getting cheated on (a.k.a. cucked). We see PUA as a necessary evil, like the police on roads or the politicians in office. Heck, my former friend, who was the alpha-est guy I've ever met, negged girls constantly, and they practically stood in line to have sex with him: 4 regular FWB's and frequent ongoing hookups.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 1:32 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
Don't apologise--if you want to help, then talk to other men about it. When you hear men being gross about women, speak up and let them know that's not OK. Guys like that are more likely to listen to you than they are to me; they are more likely to consider your point of view and care about your opinion of them because you are male. Let them know they are not in the majority, that other men (good men) look down on their behaviour and think it's pathetic--that will matter to them more than it bothering me and other women will matter.
Actually, men who are strongly opposed to PUA are referred to as "white knights", and aren't looked up to, either. So their opinion isn't likely to be taken seriously, unless they can present compelling personal examples. Sorry! It is what it is. Also, some of the early PUA material, before that term even existed, even suggest things that today's PUA authors would be horrified at, like regularly giving small gifts to make yourself look generous. So PUA does evolve; "negging" will be replaced by something else in 5 to 10 years.

And you know what? A lot of us men don't like using PUA tactics. We just do it because we have to, because the "nice" tactics failed us, because we're trying to keep ourselves from getting cheated on (a.k.a. cucked). We see PUA as a necessary evil, like the police on roads or the politicians in office. Heck, my former friend, who was the alpha-est guy I've ever met, negged girls constantly, and they practically stood in line to have sex with him: 4 regular FWB's and frequent ongoing hookups.

Call it whatever you want, I care not. It's about having a conscious and doing the right thing, no reward is required. When someone that truly needs help in an emergency, you don't stop and think about it, you react, whether that be run towards it or away. When you see intolerance you stand up to it or allow it to continue and join the side of the bigot. When you witness injustice, you help those in need or be neutral turning a blind eye and join the side of the oppressor. When inequality happens, you help your fellow humans gain their equality or etcetera, etcetera, you get the idea.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 2:04 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

Only by men into PUA (which is a small minority and an echo-chamber.) Most adult men see PUA tactics for what they are: rapey BS. Most men do not look up to PUA guys.

Abusive people often have superficial charm and are very socially capable (look at psychopaths, who manipulate and lie easily to get what they want out of people) and are good at fooling people who are vulnerable or socially naive (like people on the spectrum, for example.) Wanting to learn how to exploit the weak and easily suggestible women to get them to sleep with you on false pretenses is not behaviour that is looked up to by most men. I feel very sorry for you if you believe that to be true, the men you have known must be sh***y examples of men if they led you to believe otherwise. Most of the men I have known in my life think these sorts of guys (PUAs) are pathetic. YMMV.

Also, your friend sounds like just the kind of guy I would avoid like the plague, as he's likely riddled with STDs. There are more than enough girls out there who are beyond the reach of such dudes because we don't drink or hang out in bars looking to be "picked up", because we have self-esteem and standards. Some of us have become immune to manipulation because we've studied how it's done and what signs to look for (there are always red flags that are easy to spot when you've done your research.)

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 11:45 pm

wilburforce wrote:
Only by men into PUA (which is a small minority and an echo-chamber.) Most adult men see PUA tactics for what they are: rapey BS. Most men do not look up to PUA guys.
Meh. I'd rather use this allegedly "rapey" material, risk ruffling a few feathers, and falsely pass off as an alpha male, than to "be myself" and end up in the kind of relationship beta males have: abusive and soul-destroying. After all, one minute of negging is easier to handle than one hour of verbal abuse. (My most recent relationship was abusive, so I speak from experience.) Only to later get arrested and have my career ruined because she filed fake battery charges, solely because she met a true alpha male (unlike a lowly beta who read a PUA book) and wanted an easy way to get rid of me.

Either way, I'm done! You won. Talking about PUA on here is like convincing Trump to embrace Obamacare. Enjoy the rest of this thread without me.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 2:50 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
Meh. I'd rather use this allegedly "rapey" material, risk ruffling a few feathers, and falsely pass off as an alpha male, than to "be myself" and end up in the kind of relationship beta males have: abusive and soul-destroying. After all, one minute of negging is easier to handle than one hour of verbal abuse. (My most recent relationship was abusive, so I speak from experience.) Only to later get arrested and have my career ruined because she filed fake battery charges, solely because she met a true alpha male (unlike a lowly beta who read a PUA book) and wanted an easy way to get rid of me.

Either way, I'm done! You won. Talking about PUA on here is like convincing Trump to embrace Obamacare. Enjoy the rest of this thread without me.

Negging IS verbal abuse--you are insulting someone to make them feel insecure, to manipulate them into a more emotionally vulnerable state where they might be more open to being hit on to shore up their self-esteem that you've just intentionally chipped away at. That is verbal abuse, buddy. The fact that you've been in an abusive situation and still can't recognise what abuse it is concerning.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

26 Dec 2016, 10:33 am

The first time I have sex will probably be bad anyways. Woudn't surprise me at all if a girl rejected me afterward or soon afterwards because of how shy and awkward I will be. It probably wont be great for her the first time.

But with a little bit of time, patience (and lube) before you know it i'll be a faking machine!

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 2:35 pm

ShadowProphet wrote:
The first time I have sex will probably be bad anyways. Woudn't surprise me at all if a girl rejected me afterward or soon afterwards because of how shy and awkward I will be. It probably wont be great for her the first time.

But with a little bit of time, patience (and lube) before you know it i'll be a faking machine!

If you take your time, use plenty of foreplay and be a generous lover you won't need that lube.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 6:01 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
ShadowProphet wrote:

If you take your time, use plenty of foreplay and be a generous lover you won't need that lube.

..unless gay. Then there's almost no such thing as too much lube.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 6:24 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
ShadowProphet wrote:

Okay, but he did specify a female in his situation. I also made an assumption he was young and looking for someone around his age otherwise he may need lube, if menopause is factored into the equation.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 7:10 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
ShadowProphet wrote:

Okay, but he did specify a female in his situation. I also made an assumption he was young and looking for someone around his age otherwise he may need lube, if menopause is factored into the equation.

OR if he's going to PIITB.

lordoflegions
Raven
Raven

08 May 2017, 7:18 pm

wilburforce wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

Abusive people often have superficial charm and are very socially capable (look at psychopaths, who manipulate and lie easily to get what they want out of people) and are good at fooling people who are vulnerable or socially naive (like people on the spectrum, for example.) Wanting to learn how to exploit the weak and easily suggestible women to get them to sleep with you on false pretenses is not behaviour that is looked up to by most men. I feel very sorry for you if you believe that to be true, the men you have known must be sh***y examples of men if they led you to believe otherwise. Most of the men I have known in my life think these sorts of guys (PUAs) are pathetic. YMMV.

Also, your friend sounds like just the kind of guy I would avoid like the plague, as he's likely riddled with STDs. There are more than enough girls out there who are beyond the reach of such dudes because we don't drink or hang out in bars looking to be "picked up", because we have self-esteem and standards. Some of us have become immune to manipulation because we've studied how it's done and what signs to look for (there are always red flags that are easy to spot when you've done your research.)

Here's the thing. You didn't read his post right and you posted an irrelevant response.

He said pua's are a neccessary evil.

Then you go on about scolding him for looking up to PUA's.

Explain to me how you think calling something a neccesary evil=looking up to it?

I'm really sick of people on the internet who dont bother to understand what someone is trying to say, then go off on some malformed tangent.

The main thing that I disagree with him, is that he says politicians are a neccesary evil. But most politicians aren't really neccesary at all.

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2017, 10:43 pm

I'm actually ashamed to say I know I won't because I already lost my virginity... The reason I'm ashamed of it is because instead of 40, I was 14. I was way too young, not ready and I wish I would've shared that special moment with someone else.

Pageognat
Raven
Raven

08 May 2017, 11:27 pm

Hypnotized wrote:
I'm actually ashamed to say I know I won't because I already lost my virginity... The reason I'm ashamed of it is because instead of 40, I was 14. I was way too young, not ready and I wish I would've shared that special moment with someone else.

I'm sorry to hear your situation. I'm glad you've matured enough now to realize it was foolish. You definitely sound like you're in a much better place now. This has got to be a sensitive thing for you, so I won't dwell on it, but it's brave of you to admit it and I respect you a lot for posting this. Who knows, maybe some young person who needs to see it will.

lordoflegions
Raven
Raven

09 May 2017, 1:06 pm

Pageognat wrote:
Hypnotized wrote:

I'm sorry to hear your situation. I'm glad you've matured enough now to realize it was foolish. You definitely sound like you're in a much better place now. This has got to be a sensitive thing for you, so I won't dwell on it, but it's brave of you to admit it and I respect you a lot for posting this. Who knows, maybe some young person who needs to see it will.

Here's what I have to say about it.
Lose your virginity as soon as you can, preferably at an early age. Because it just gets harder from here on out. As people grow older, they grow colder.
I waited till I was 19 to lose my virginity, and did it out desperation. It was the worst. I always wanted to be with a girl but I ended up settling for a dude I didn't even love. The worst thing to happen. I call it opening the gates of Hell.

So there is wisdom in this. Don't lose your virginity to a random.

And sad as it is...it seems to be the norm and common for heterosexual males to have their first sexual experience with males. This is because they are nervous around women and afraid. Its a sick sad world we live in.