Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 66 of 240 [ 3825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 240  Next

parsec
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2007, 3:01 am

Male, 24, Sydney, Australia.

I like to invent, create, and generally push the envelope. I have two degrees and work in research at the moment.

I love music and going to gigs. I used to play in a couple of different self indulgent industrial/electronic/ambient bands, although they ended up tearing themselves apart (too many egos and not enough fun, same old story... I am doing my own thing for now and just started filling in playing guitar for a friend.

I am a pretty arty person, and like designing and inventing things that facilitate art or expression... mostly sound generation devices, musical instruments and generative mechanical or electronic visual art. I'm very rational and pragmatic, but also a bit of a dreamer and hopeless romantic.

I'm pretty spontaneous and open minded. I love exploring new places and trying new things.

If any of that sounds the slightest bit interesting to you, message me for a pic.

simfish
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Oct 2007, 10:34 pm

Updating...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Simfish
I have old ones - just e-mail me: [email protected].
SLOAN: RLUEI
[edited at request by S]

Also known as: InquilineKea, NihilisticMacaw

Warning: I'm known for being neurotic.

As for me, I'm a nihilist and relativist, so I tend to be objective and detached. I currently go to the University of Washington (yes I entered 2 years early). I also have happened to self-study 4 APs in my sophomore year and a couple of SAT II's. I'm not particularly fond of the school system or the lecture system (but I actually like the collegeboard - since it allows people to self-study for tests without forcing them to go to class).

I'm VERY intellectual and VERY thoughtful (and I have little tolerance for most forms of entertainment or small talk, with the exception of those that relate to a few computer games). I have written approximately 200 pages of thoughts online (although they are disorganized at the moment). I'm fairly cynical but I am quick to trust people once I get to know them (probably too quickly at times).

I tend to waste loads of time looking up information related to my interests on the Internet. I have very few real friends, and am probably more autistic than most of you, but less so than a lot of famous scientists who were extremely unidirectional. I tend to get really into computer games, but am not into any particular computer game at the moment, having had to restrain myself.

As for the Internet, I used to frequently forum at http://aok.heavengames.com, so you can look for my old posts - they're all under variations of the Simfish name. I also have a substantial number of posts at http://www.talk.collegeconfidential.com. I used to be really into the Romance of the Three Kingdoms and analysis of the biographies of scientists.

I have virtually no appreciation for aesthetic matters. (except for philosophical writing, which could be considered kind of an art).

Go ahead and google simfish OR inquilinekea if you want to know more about me.

Anyways, here are my favorite books:

http://www.edge.org/questioncenter.html, The Structure of Scientific Revolutions (Kuhn), Consilience (E.O. Wilson), The Psychology of Science and the Origins of the Scientific Mind (Feist), Origins of Wealth (Beinhocker), The Blank Slate (Pinker), Origins of Genius (Simonton), The Scientist as Rebel (Dyson), Darwin's Dangerous Idea (Dennett), The Extended Phenotype (Dawkins), The Selfish Gene (Dawkins), Scientific Genius: A Psychology of Science (Dean Simonton), Beyond Good and Evil (Nietzsche), Towards a Genealogy of Morals (Nietzsche), Human All Too Human (Nietzsche), How the Mind Works (Pinker), Rare Earth (Brownlee and Ward), Life and Death of Planet Earth, The Brief History of Time (Hawking), The Nurture Assumption (Harris), No Two Alike (Harris), The World is Flat (Friedman), The Language Instinct (Pinker), Romance of Three Kingdoms, Deschooling Society (Illich), Freakonomics, The Man Who Loved Only Numbers, Talking About Leaving - Why Undergraduates Leave the Sciences, Intelligence: Knowns and Unknowns, The Quest for Consciousness (Koch), The Scientist in the Crib (Gopnik), Heaven in a Chip (Kosko), Noise (Kosko), Outsmarting IQ: the Emerging Science of Learnable Intelligence (Perkins), The Synaptic Self (LeDoux), Where Mathematics Comes From, The Executive Brain: Frontal Lobes and the Civilized Mind (Goldberg), The Quark and the Jaguar (Murray Gell-Mann), Why Smart People Can Be So Stupid (Sternberg), School's Out (Perelman)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 8:03 pm

simfish wrote:
Updating...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Simfish
I have old ones - just e-mail me: [email protected].
SLOAN: RLUEI

Also known as: InquilineKea, NihilisticMacaw

Warning: I'm known for being neurotic.

As for me, I'm a nihilist and relativist, so I tend to be objective and detached. I currently go to the University of Washington (yes I entered 2 years early). I also have happened to self-study 4 APs in my sophomore year and a couple of SAT II's. I'm not particularly fond of the school system or the lecture system (but I actually like the collegeboard - since it allows people to self-study for tests without forcing them to go to class).

I'm VERY intellectual and VERY thoughtful (and I have little tolerance for most forms of entertainment or small talk, with the exception of those that relate to a few computer games). I have written approximately 200 pages of thoughts online (although they are disorganized at the moment). I'm fairly cynical but I am quick to trust people once I get to know them (probably too quickly at times).

I tend to waste loads of time looking up information related to my interests on the Internet. I have very few real friends, and am probably more autistic than most of you, but less so than a lot of famous scientists who were extremely unidirectional. I tend to get really into computer games, but am not into any particular computer game at the moment, having had to restrain myself.

As for the Internet, I used to frequently forum at http://aok.heavengames.com, so you can look for my old posts - they're all under variations of the Simfish name. I also have a substantial number of posts at http://www.talk.collegeconfidential.com. I used to be really into the Romance of the Three Kingdoms and analysis of the biographies of scientists.

I have virtually no appreciation for aesthetic matters. (except for philosophical writing, which could be considered kind of an art).

Go ahead and google simfish OR inquilinekea if you want to know more about me.

Anyways, here are my favorite books:

http://www.edge.org/questioncenter.html, The Structure of Scientific Revolutions (Kuhn), Consilience (E.O. Wilson), The Psychology of Science and the Origins of the Scientific Mind (Feist), Origins of Wealth (Beinhocker), The Blank Slate (Pinker), Origins of Genius (Simonton), The Scientist as Rebel (Dyson), Darwin's Dangerous Idea (Dennett), The Extended Phenotype (Dawkins), The Selfish Gene (Dawkins), Scientific Genius: A Psychology of Science (Dean Simonton), Beyond Good and Evil (Nietzsche), Towards a Genealogy of Morals (Nietzsche), Human All Too Human (Nietzsche), How the Mind Works (Pinker), Rare Earth (Brownlee and Ward), Life and Death of Planet Earth, The Brief History of Time (Hawking), The Nurture Assumption (Harris), No Two Alike (Harris), The World is Flat (Friedman), The Language Instinct (Pinker), Romance of Three Kingdoms, Deschooling Society (Illich), Freakonomics, The Man Who Loved Only Numbers, Talking About Leaving - Why Undergraduates Leave the Sciences, Intelligence: Knowns and Unknowns, The Quest for Consciousness (Koch), The Scientist in the Crib (Gopnik), Heaven in a Chip (Kosko), Noise (Kosko), Outsmarting IQ: the Emerging Science of Learnable Intelligence (Perkins), The Synaptic Self (LeDoux), Where Mathematics Comes From, The Executive Brain: Frontal Lobes and the Civilized Mind (Goldberg), The Quark and the Jaguar (Murray Gell-Mann), Why Smart People Can Be So Stupid (Sternberg), School's Out (Perelman)

You go to UW, eh? Is it true that it's really difficult to get admitted there?

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Ioini
Raven
Raven

30 Oct 2007, 8:56 pm

Sexuality: Straight
Seeking: Female

Marital Status: Single
Religion: A non-overzealous Christian
Height: 5'7
Weight: 135
Eye color: Hazel
Hair color: Dark Brown
Best feature: My cute face :wink:

Smoking: No
Drinking: No

Employment status: Unemployed

Favorite music: Rock, Metal(Not the screaming kind), Trance, Dance
Hobbies: Video gaming, working out, walking outside, play sports very casually
Favorite color: Sky Blue

A picture is coming soon! (If I manage to borrow my mother's digital camera lol)

clumsINESs
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Oct 2007, 8:16 am

Seeking:male

Religion:atheist
Music:punk rock/pop punk(mainly)

I would like to find someone to talk to through e-mail or msn (I can't expect real dates since I come from Slovenia).We can be just friends.PM me 4 e-mail adress.

moo_cow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2007, 9:57 pm

I am recently 23. I'm very active. I like swimming, running, bike riding, going places, roller coasters, skateboarding, dirt bikes, and more, I mostly listen to rock music, but other types also. I study Computer Science and will be transferring from SAC to one of the UT schools in Austin or San Antonio. I am a little bit of a computer nerd. I do a lot with computers such as build them from parts, run many operating systems with VMware and qemu, use Linux primarily, play games once in a while and much more. Currently I am taking Math and Physics courses at school. I'm a member of 3 computer groups that meet at my college. I'm interested in meeting friends and more, so contact me if you'd like.

Here's a few pics of me.

becca423b

05 Nov 2007, 9:44 pm

recently single and i don't like it. so, okay.......here goes
21 y. o.
female
straight
5' 6"
145 lbs
pale with reddish brown hair and blue eyes
like drawing, painting, reading, music (pretty much everything except r&b and really heavy metal), nursing, medical stuff, old buildings, cooking, decorating things, crunching dry leaves with my feet now that it is fall, wisconsin sports, red wine and a really good baguette with some camembert, fresh rasberries when they are still warm from the sun, teapots, coffe shops, french, vodka, playing euchre, looking up random articles on wikipedia, running around in the rain, and playing in the snow.
i am a 4th year nursing student at UW Madison (go badgers!) i also work part time at an assisted living community, at target, and at a little kitchen store in madison
religion: nope
smoking: if i drink or if i really feel like it
drinking: yep
i hope to travel a lot once i graduate!

i really did try to post a picture, but i couldn't figure out how......all this newfangled technology is just too gosh darned confusing

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 10:52 pm

I am announcing my availability once again, this time without angst. ^_^

I'm 27
I'm about 5'8", 125 lbs, brown eyed and brown hair. Slim figured.

I'm in Virginia USA.
I have interests in anime, videogaming, hiking, camping, travel, arts, animals, nature, cooking, ghosts, writing fiction, and mecha.
I've completed some college and I'm still working on it.
I'm socially awkward like most aspies but I do try to get out and do things sometimes and make attempts at being sociable.

http://aspieaffection.com/romance/showp ... hp?id=1145

If you want to know more, you got to ask. I can't reveal all my secrets on a profile. :p

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 12:02 am

Name: Tim

Location: Wichita Falls, Texas (northwest of Dallas and southwest of Oklahoma City)

Interests: Simpsons, South Park, outdoor activities, geology, art, architecture, traveling, and foreign languages, Apple (computer) products

Physical Specs: 5'10", about 200 lbs, black hair, glasses, brown eyes

Orientation: Straight

Age preference: At least 25 years of age

Other Info: I am a junior at Midwestern State University, majoring in geology--should graduate in 2010. I worked as a GIS (mapping) technician for 4 years, and loved it. Politically and socially, I am on the liberal side. I am a very friendly, open, artistic, and flexible person, and will talk about anything. If you have a good sense of humor, friendly, affectionate, and occasionally flexible, you might want to give me a try. I am open in regards to location, you don't necessarily have to live near me.

Tim

P.S. My pic was taken in October 2007, not 2003 as the pic indicates.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 11:25 am

look

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 11:25 am

look lower

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 11:34 am

Aw, here i am.

My name is Jay. I am now 28. This pic is recent. I am about 6ft tall. I weigh about 160lbs. Aestetics is very important to me. Obesity smells, and i what to puke when i smell it.

I am bisexual. I prefer men because i don't want to make any babies. I tend to be mildly effeminate to acting like a macho man.

I like having deep conversations sitting around drinking coffee. I am very cultured. I have a lot of views on the world. I am a VERY SPIRITUAL person and i don't really share it that well with everyone. You have to be honed i believe. I also like to listen if you ever want to talk.

:D

moo_cow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2007, 3:07 pm

Averick wrote:
Aw, here i am.

My name is Jay. I am now 28. This pic is recent. I am about 6ft tall. I weigh about 160lbs. Aestetics is very important to me. Obesity smells, and i what to puke when i smell it.

I am bisexual. I prefer men because i don't want to make any babies. I tend to be mildly effeminate to acting like a macho man.

GAY PRIDE!! !! ! Just joking, I'm not gay.

mingusman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Nov 2007, 10:31 am

To a searching Aspie,

The Arts (movies, literature(historical non-fiction included), music (particularly Jazz, Blues, & Christian)) & talking about them are my first love. If you share these interests maybe we can have a connection. I care about people & enjoy people with senses of humor that are not mean spirited. I like long walks, evenings out at a restaurant or bar which has music playing, nights alone with a movie or just to talk. I fancy a female heterosexual Aspie who is compassionate about others, manogamous, kind, humorous, intelligent, sexy but not lustful, romantic, & feminine(it would be recommended for her to wear a dress or a skirt at least occasionally because I find that attractive & thus far haven't yet dated any woman who liked wearing them). I am a Christian (I alternately attend a Methodist and a non-denominational Christian Church) but I am not judgemental. I would prefer a woman Christian, Messianic Christian, or Jewish. I make no specification in regard to race.

mingusman

Go_lightly
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Nov 2007, 7:44 am

I tried the online-dating-thing once. Then they wanted to meet me.
Ooops. :lol:

I´m just gonna buy a big creaky old house and 35 cats and let all the children call me names and point fingers at me.
(Maybe i shuld get a cape?) :D

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 1:59 pm

moo_cow wrote:
Averick wrote:
Aw, here i am.

GAY PRIDE!! !! ! Just joking, I'm not gay.

you dont have to be gay to have pride