5 Hobbies that don't impress men

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:29 pm

1. Cooking - Men would much rather go out to dinner if they have the money, if they don't most know how to use a microwave and maybe an oven
2. Gossiping - This one is self explanatory
3. Knitting - Men don't want homemade sweaters for christmas and they'd rather just go to walmart and pick something out
4. Watching chick flicks - there's a reason they are called chick flicks, they are man repellent in video form
5. The missionary position - Boooring

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Nov 2010, 7:30 pm

Actually... I love number 1

and I don't mind number 5 just to start :)

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:32 pm

Oh good. I do none of those.
Except 5, but not very often.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:33 pm

Keywords: just to start....not as a hobby like some boring women make it.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:34 pm

I can't think of any pastime a woman might do that I would find repellent. Some are more interesting than others.

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:35 pm

Wouldn't mind 1 and 3 and 4. Don't know about 5.

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:39 pm

My brother and some of his friends like chick flicks for some odd reason. I found it strange the time they decided to pop in A Walk To Remember. Then admitted to having seen (and read) The Notebook and Dear John also.

They'll make excellent whipped boyfriends/husbands sometime in the next 10-15 years.

Harpist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Nov 2010, 7:42 pm

I...can't really think of many to be honest. I wouldn't count something like "watching chick flicks" as a hobby unless the woman was obsessively watching them, and I've yet to find any woman who does. Similarly I'm not sure whether I'd count gossiping as a hobby...

I guess clothes-shopping is a hobby that doesn't impress me. Most sports too (though dancing definitely impresses me :)).

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:48 pm

Except for gossip and chick flicks, those things I don't mind women having an interest in.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:50 pm

1. I'm halfway between. I cook out of necessity BUT
at the same time if I am going to btoehr to cook,
I want to make it GOOD, like an Indian dish or a good
Mexican or Italian or Chinese dish, worth the trubble,
but not just thro a hambooger together or something,
but then againm, I like home made home grilled hamburgers
better than restaurant ones, so there is so much on #1.

2. I don't understand what gossiping is, if someone
is a mean poopyface and I advice my buds not to play
with them because they are a poopyface, is that
the same thing? If so, its not something I like doing,
it is out of necessity.

3. Knitting, eh, cood take it or leave it, if I got Good
at it, I'd make more of my own stuff, that way I can
put Tigger and Pooh and other happies on my sweaters
because stupid old poopy <insert boring normal store here>
won't make anything happy in my size.

4. "Chick flicks"? Is that the same as a growedup movie
with reships and love and dirty stuff going on?
If so, then no, I'd rather not watch a growedup film I
wood rather see a Disney film instead.

My main intrists are probably not anything most epple
my outside age wood do, except for fixing electronics, but colouring,
watching cartoons, playing outside/in the rain, playpretending
and the like.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

Smike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2010, 7:54 pm

I'm not bothered by any of them, except maybe knitting lol, although none of them impress me either.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 8:22 pm

None of those things bother me per se, but I am bothered by people that try to impress me. The only way to impress me, or anyone worth your time for that matter, is to be yourself. So if she likes cooking, fine. Now, if she is a bad cook, then that's going to be a problem later on LOL

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 8:33 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
1. Cooking - Men would much rather go out to dinner if they have the money, if they don't most know how to use a microwave and maybe an oven
3. Knitting - Men don't want homemade sweaters for christmas and they'd rather just go to walmart and pick something out
4. Watching chick flicks - there's a reason they are called chick flicks, they are man repellent in video form

1) Not only do men LOVE a really well cooked meal, they often become incredibly competitive themselves in their attempts to be the world's best chef. (Never a "cook"... that title is reserved for the women.) I'm an extremely good... cook. My brother and father are, on the other hand, massively skilled chefs. I'd pay through the nose at any restaurant, and they wouldn't match up to the boundless ego driven excesses of these two men who love good food and want to best each other.

As you can imagine, my visits home are great... I don't have to cook, the men are showing their menus off. It's fantastic.

2) Gossiping... Yes, I agree. Gossiping is the death of everything. Culture, community, conversation... we ought to lock all the gossips up and force them to listen to other people talking behind their backs...

3) Knitting's not that bad. You can knit while your fella is watching the football. He's happy, you're happy, you end up with a nice pair of socks.

4) People watch chick flicks? I mean, really? Actual human beings, of any gender, watch chick flicks?

Sheesh, they deserve each other... I thought the whole thing was a practical joke!

5) Surely most people are far more experimental than that? It's not like I kept tags on it, but that was something that maybe we indulged in 25% of the time... we had all sorts of other things to keep each other interested. And as I recall, my husband was always most certainly entertained, even when we used the dreaded MP form of "getting it on."

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 8:36 pm

Other than knitting, I don't even understand how any of those could be considered a hobby.

Quote:
4) People watch chick flicks? I mean, really? Actual human beings, of any gender, watch chick flicks?

I do. Most of them are dumb, but I loved Groundhog Day and The Godfather.

AspiRob
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2010, 9:52 pm

Pistonhead wrote:

This probably varies from man to man. Personally, I love women that can cook and take pride in it. I think all people (men and women) gossip - just with men we call it, "talking s**t". I'll go with you on the knitting - I get an image of an old spinster in a rocking chair - NOT sexy! Some chick flicks I can watch and some put me to sleep. I have done it with a few pro's in the missionary position and that works for me.

Each to his (or her) own I suppose......

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 10:49 pm

I think it varies for both genders.

I am not a fan of vanilla sexual activities, but does not mean all women aren't and vice versa. A lot of men only do vanilla. More of a personality thing than gender, although these threads are good for a bit of fun.

I don't know if knitting impresses anyone except Grandmothers :lol: :lol: