Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 6:28 pm

I got a message from a guy on okc and it said, "Part of the attraction is that you're not an entitled vapid blonde American woman. I've dated a lot of these and I'm not going to do it anymore."

I should definitely go out with him, right?

Gross.

Edit: Have you gotten any weird messages on okc? Especially ladies? (other than those obscene ones.)

Last edited by Yuzu on 13 Nov 2013, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 6:34 pm

Not enough data to reach an adequate conclusion

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 6:57 pm

Stargazer43 wrote:

LucySnowe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2013, 6:59 pm

Totally a keeper :roll:

I've gotten some weird messages on some dating sites, too--one guy described my profile as "creepy." (and your message isn't?)

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:02 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
Stargazer43 wrote:

For real?

Ok let me just be clear that I was being sarcastic when I said I should go out with him.

Isn't the first sentence of the message enough to turn you guys off completely? Or you guys think he has a point.

I could be an entitled vapid non-blonde non-American woman, you know.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:07 pm

Yuzu wrote:
... you're not an entitled vapid blonde American woman ...

That means only that YOU are a "keeper".

As for him - Insufficient Data.

These questions require 'Yes' answers:
- Is he already a citizen?
- Does he have a four-year degree from an accredited American university?
- Does he have a stable job that requires that four-year university degree?
- Does he have a driver's license and a car that's less than 3 years old?
- Does his real description match what he has posted?
- Does he get along well with his relatives?
- Does he have a good credit rating?

These questions require 'No' answers:
- Does he live with his parents?
- Does he have a prison record?
- Does he proudly display firearms, knives, or other weaponry?
- Is he a womanizer (the "Love 'em and Leave 'em" type)?
- Does he smoke or use illegal drugs?
- Is he an alcoholic?
- Is he already married?
- Has he been divorced?
- Does he have any dependent children?
- Has he ever been the plaintiff in a paternity suit?
- Has he ever declared bankruptcy?
- Does he have any outstanding warrants?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:09 pm

What kind of guy needs to date a lot of vapid, entitled women before deciding he'll settle for someone who isn't? :wink:

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm

coffeebean wrote:
What kind of guy needs to date a lot of vapid, entitled women before deciding he'll settle for someone who isn't? :wink:

Because what he really likes are blonde chicks but now he's willing to settle for someone physically less attractive (to him) and supposedly more submissive (i.e. Asian woman).
That's what it is.

Last edited by Yuzu on 12 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

12 Nov 2013, 7:18 pm

It may sound weird but if he really means it instead of just saying it as a bad pickup line attempt at least he's being honest. He could of gotten a feel that your not like that from the way you described yourself on the site. There may be lots of women like that on there & other sites he used.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:26 pm

Social awkward on a forum of social awkwards judges a guy for a terrible compliment and being socially awkward. Love it!

Seriously though? I get the feeling he was trying to be nice to you but unwittingly insulted a lot of people as well as demonstrated a bit of misogyny. Probably best you not experiment with getting a 2nd message from him unless you find his profile enticing. Mind you I don't know why I'm saying that as it was a rhetorical question you asked and you've already come to a decision.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm

Yuzu wrote:
coffeebean wrote:

Because what he really likes are blonde chicks but now he's willing to settle for someone physically less attractive (to him) and supposedly more submissive women.
That's what it is.

Sounds like plain old poor taste to me (the others, not you). There's plenty of blondes with personality.

I think it's surprising that anyone would see this as an appealing first message. I'd see it as an open confession of having been drawn to unpleasant people and being eager to share a bad word about others. I don't think it's about social competence so much as it is those last two things.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:33 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Social awkward on a forum of social awkwards judges a guy for a terrible compliment and being socially awkward. Love it!

A socially awkward person judges people on a forum of social awkwards who judge a guy for being socially awkward. Love it! :lol:

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:43 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:

Seriously though? I get the feeling he was trying to be nice to you but unwittingly insulted a lot of people as well as demonstrated a bit of misogyny. Probably best you not experiment with getting a 2nd message from him unless you find his profile enticing. Mind you I don't know why I'm saying that as it was a rhetorical question you asked and you've already come to a decision.

I don't think he is socially awkward at all. I would know from his profile if he was. He has a good job, average looking (not overweight), and tall. And remember, he said he dated a lot of blond American women.

And this was actually in a second message.
The first one said;
"If there's one thing I've learned from online dating it is to NEVER tell an Asian woman that I am attracted to Asian women."
(he said more but it's irrelevant)

So I replied asking what's the attraction of Asian women, if it's because we seem more submissive, and told him that I'm fairly Americanized and could be really bitchy.

He also said he lives by a university and "it's like an international beauty pageant there".
Just gave me an overall creepy feeling.

Last edited by Yuzu on 12 Nov 2013, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:51 pm

Data acquired...processing....analysis complete. Result: Likely self-absorbed with a hint of narcissism. Suggest maintaining an appropriate distance.

JanuaryMan wrote:
Social awkward on a forum of social awkwards judges a guy for a terrible compliment and being socially awkward.

Quote of the year award?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 7:53 pm

Yeah..the more you say about him the less I like this guy. lol
He seems to harbor a lot of resentment towards women and seems to think he's doing you a favor by going against his usual preferences simply because he might have more luck.
He might well like Asian women as much as white blonde women but the way he talks about you and Asian women it's as if you're some sort of subspecies :P

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2013, 8:01 pm

Btw, I would never judge someone for being socially awkward. I'll be offended if anyone think that of me.
I embrace awkwardness of others. The last guy I met up was a bit awkward but I actually had a very good time talking with him.
(He never contacted me again though... I get rejected even by a socially awkward person.)