Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 1:37 pm

I guess I'm good looking according to my friends but I get really frustrated when drunk girls flirt with me and when they start to sober up, they're not interested at all :(

Why do girls do this sometimes? It's like there pulling my leg or something.

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Nov 2014, 2:03 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I guess I'm good looking according to my friends but I get really frustrated when drunk girls flirt with me and when they start to sober up, they're not interested at all :(

People lose inhibitions when they drink. So if the girls were acting attracted to you when they were drunk, it means they're attracted to you. When they sober up they're afraid to show interest because they worry more about the possibility of rejection or don't want to seem too eager. So they're still interested, they just don't show it. . .

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 2:25 pm

Beer goggles?

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 5:37 pm

There is something lovely about drunk Women, if only they could stay drunk all of the time.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm

They see something when they are sober that they couldn't see (or didn't care about) when they were drunk.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 4:12 am

Well, it could be worse, they could stay distant to you even when they're completely knackered, that's when you know you're ugly to them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

26 Nov 2014, 8:23 pm

They're acting flirty when their drunk because they're just having fun goofing around & & may be horny. They would probably act like that with most any guy who happened to be there weather he was hot or not.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm

It could be that they're genuinely interested but too inhibited to show it when they're sober, OR that they're just being playful (i.e. having fun with innocent flirting or looking for some casual sex/fooling around/making out). Either way, this kind of behavior is NOT limited to women!

Afterwards, they may not seem interested because they don't remember what they did, they aren't (as you said) actually interested in you, and/or they're embarrassed by their behavior. (ETA: they could also be interested but afraid that you aren't and, therefore, too shy to follow up with you.)

I know, it's confusing for NTs too.

Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 5:06 am

Where are you meeting them? It's not exclusive to any gender, a lot of drunk people will bang just about anyone slightly sexually appealing.. either way, why should this impact how you feel about yourself?

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2014, 6:05 am

Some girls just want attention when they are drunk and a good way to get attention is to give attention by flirting, it doesn't mean that they are particularly interested though.
They are not thinking of you but only thinking of their own selfish needs.

It could also be the other things mentioned here but what I stated above is a common one. Also guys do this to girls as well so it is not just a gender thing.

I haven't done this myself but a lot of my lady friends have.

Jjancee
Raven
Raven

29 Nov 2014, 3:25 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Because they come to their sense when they sober up -- and flee. An over-entitled attitude and nails-on-chalkboard personally can't always be offset by being super hot!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 2:28 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
They see something when they are sober that they couldn't see (or didn't care about) when they were drunk.

This, This so this.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:18 am

alex wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

People lose inhibitions when they drink. So if the girls were acting attracted to you when they were drunk, it means they're attracted to you. When they sober up they're afraid to show interest because they worry more about the possibility of rejection or don't want to seem too eager. So they're still interested, they just don't show it. . .

Lol. I must be very attractive then because guys that usually seem uninterested all of a sudden start flirting with me after a couple drinks.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:34 am

I don't mind flirting with you...and I'm always cold sober. You're a cutie-pie!

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 11:20 am

Jamesy!! Never doubt yourself. You are adorable. When girls are knackered, they're no longer worried about their appearance or whether or not they're interesting. They're just out for some fun and aren't concerned with being judged. If you're looking for dates, don't search for a date among the "knackered". It's more fun to get to know someone, date them for a bit and finally get knackered together. When I was young, I was cute too. I enjoyed people more when "they" were drunk because they were less worried about their "own" shortcomings and actually were more fun to be around. Other times they viewed themselves as simply not good enough, not rich enough, not smart enough - the list goes on and on!! Believe me, when some people aren't knackered, you'll notice their shortcomings clearly. That's why they get that knackered in the first place - it's a break from being stuck in themselves and accepting their personal realities. If you ever knew an alcoholic that finally chose sobriety, they are SEVERELY critical of themselves once sober - same as they were before they started drinking. The alcohol made them accept themselves more because those around them or society as a whole made them feel quite unacceptable. Sometimes they themselves are convinced that they are flawed even if no one else thought so. Unfortunately, the dependence on a substance is not compatible with a healthy lifestyle. So, they must embrace serenity:
“Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” :heart:

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 1:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't mind flirting with you...and I'm always cold sober. You're a cutie-pie!

Thanks :) You are a very wise, nice and cool person. What's the difference between cute and beautiful by the way?