Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jan 2015, 10:35 pm

How? What do i need?

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2015, 11:48 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/theredpill TheRedPill has a lot of good advice (they have a lot of good list of reading on their side panel) BUT there is - A LOT- of misogyny in that subreddit, but despite that there are a lot of nuggets of truth to be found, although be careful with the misogyny you might find there, ultimately listen to the advice that focuses on self-improvement, they are very aware of the things that women like inside of males and place strong emphasis on it.

But you're probably a long ways off if you have to ask this question, just observe the other alpha males in high-school, notice how they control the energy of the classroom and the teacher is almost always interacting with them, or telling them to settle down, these males are a whirlwind of energy that sucks in everything on their wake -- women love the thrill of that, although this is a very difficult thing to pull off for autism spectrum individuals because you're contending with male NT's that have been honing their social muscles their entire lives.

But there are a lot of other facets for self-improvement that can get you success with girls, even failing at one you can compensate in other areas, but it's going to take time. Your job as a youngin' is in identifying what you can an cannot do well, and then emphasizing the things you can do well, but it's going to take some time, so be patient.

Echolalia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jan 2015, 2:25 am

Why do proponents of the alpha male myth always seem to refer to women as a mindless collective? There is never any discussion of a particular woman, certainly none of them ever have names or personalities of their own and they all seem to flit to these mythical alpha males like moths. Could it that the entire alpha male mythology is itself deeply rooted in misogyny? :roll:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 161 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 39 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse.

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 3:17 am

Echolalia wrote:
Why do proponents of the alpha male myth always seem to refer to women as a mindless collective? There is never any discussion of a particular woman, certainly none of them ever have names or personalities of their own and they all seem to flit to these mythical alpha males like moths. Could it that the entire alpha male mythology is itself deeply rooted in misogyny? :roll:

Yes they have personalities of their own but you have to access it through the composite that is society, if a man can work the engines of society like the aforementioned controlling the energy of the room, or shifting through the social circles, he's going to imprint that alpha male sentiment into her, and he becomes very visible. Most women are vying for this type of guy while the rest remain invisible. If you force her to notice you, she will notice you, and there's nothing more noticeable to her than a male that has complete control of the situation.

There's a base-animal side of a women that wants to know that if someone breaks down the door, that her partner has the capacity of protecting her and the children, people who aspire to become alpha males are aware of this, and they will emphasize the qualities that might max out this attribute -- it makes her feel safe while keeping her at his side. A male's body emphasizes his muscles for a very good reason and women want to take advantage of that reason.

Although there are plenty of misogynistic controlling types that get a thrill out of manipulating women, TheRedPill has plenty of those freaks, but there is also a ton of good self-improvement advice. You can hate them while acknowledging that they have good info on self-improvement.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 5:19 am

You pee a line on the playground.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 7:42 am

Self confidence and social skills. It probably pays to look like football player and be good at sport.

Let's be honest.

CyrusTheedishman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jan 2015, 1:26 pm

Though I never got a girlfriend in high school, I didn't need to do any of this "alpha male" claptrap to get female attention, which I did get. I was pat in the hair once, I was told that I was super-cute by a friend of a girl who liked me, I had my beard played with by one girl, I was told I had a "bubble butt" by another girl, and I was flirted with by at least a couple of other girls. What did I do to get this? I guess I just was my usual, unique self, with my likable personality and character traits and the fact that many people thought I was smart (which made me become a prominent character in the classes I went to) -- never trying to be something I was not.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm

Among the cool kids in high school (typically the ones with rich parents, and access to party drugs) there's one alpha male, surrounded by his gang of beta and omega males. These beta and omega males still get laid because they're with the cool crowd.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 3:05 pm

Alpha males in high school get their asses kicked in life.

vanille
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jan 2015, 12:13 am

Why would you become an ''alpha male'' ? I'm not even sure this exists, high school does not work exactly like a wolf pack... Instead, you could work on your social skills and your physical appearence (minimal hygiene is always good to attract other people).

Some would call my man a ''beta'', but he has nothing to prove to anybody : he is happy with his close friends and his chemistry set. He is fun, a bit shy and brilliant. That's how I love him. I have no interest for mygonistic bad boys.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 12:48 am

I kinda of hate to say it, but I don't think it's possible for an aspie to be an "alpha male" in a high school environment. There's too much posturing and social BS, and ultimately, it's not going to really matter later on. Just focus on getting good grades and having a few close friends, that's really all you need.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 2:35 am

Ask on the internet, that's totally alpha.
Then go around bragging about how you're alpha, and get pissy at anyone who asks for proof.

:wink:

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

potatopotato
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: You're never gonna believe this but..... *whispers* Wrong Planet

03 Jan 2015, 3:07 am

Klowglas wrote:
Echolalia wrote:

Yes they have personalities of their own but you have to access it through the composite that is society, if a man can work the engines of society like the aforementioned controlling the energy of the room, or shifting through the social circles, he's going to imprint that alpha male sentiment into her, and he becomes very visible. Most women are vying for this type of guy while the rest remain invisible. If you force her to notice you, she will notice you, and there's nothing more noticeable to her than a male that has complete control of the situation.

There's a base-animal side of a women that wants to know that if someone breaks down the door, that her partner has the capacity of protecting her and the children, people who aspire to become alpha males are aware of this, and they will emphasize the qualities that might max out this attribute -- it makes her feel safe while keeping her at his side. A male's body emphasizes his muscles for a very good reason and women want to take advantage of that reason.

Although there are plenty of misogynistic controlling types that get a thrill out of manipulating women, TheRedPill has plenty of those freaks, but there is also a ton of good self-improvement advice. You can hate them while acknowledging that they have good info on self-improvement.

Um, I'm guessing you're not female. Also, I'd like to point that 'imprinting the alpha male sentiment into her' is a pretty misogynistic way of putting things. Women have personalities of the same range and depth as men do. You are taking this on far too base a level for a sentient species.

To the OP, I would really suggest not taking TRP as the subreddit dubs it, because a quick browse shows it is full of bitterness, butthurt and the dreaded Nice Guy. Similarly I presume by being the alpha male, you mean you want girls to like you. Is it girls generically? Or is it a certain kind of girl, or a specific individual you have already met?

:::;D

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 4:13 am

Kyuubi wrote:
How? What do i need?

I would banish the concept of "alpha male" from your mind and work on social skills in general. It is my observation that guys who buy into the alpha male concept in general set themselves up for social failure and disappointment because they create a polarizing environment for themselves.

Work on mastering basic social skills and understanding other people, possibly with a professional, and work your way up to more complex social relationships.

Also, be sure you know what the thing you want actually entails. You might think you want to be a popular person but are you the type of person who would thrive on that or who would find it stressful? Generally, popular people don't try to be popular. As a result of their inherent personality, they just are, and acting in a way other than that which they act could be stressful for them. Likewise, when someone who isn't inherently socially takes on a lot of social responsibility, it could be needlessly stressful for them.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 10:06 am

Are alpha males even around that much anymore, I thought everybody caught on to their ways now? Maybe because I run with the older crew now I don't see it as much.

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 10:37 am

potatopotato wrote:
Klowglas wrote:
Echolalia wrote:

Um, I'm guessing you're not female. Also, I'd like to point that 'imprinting the alpha male sentiment into her' is a pretty misogynistic way of putting things. Women have personalities of the same range and depth as men do. You are taking this on far too base a level for a sentient species.

To the OP, I would really suggest not taking TRP as the subreddit dubs it, because a quick browse shows it is full of bitterness, butthurt and the dreaded Nice Guy. Similarly I presume by being the alpha male, you mean you want girls to like you. Is it girls generically? Or is it a certain kind of girl, or a specific individual you have already met?

Everytime some poor male in these forums expresses a lament that he doesn't attract women, do you notice how people say to stop blaming women, and to place the emphasis on yourself? What is the running theme here? What is the intention in that? It's too make one as close to an ideal male as possible, which would make him an alpha in it's best possible carnation.

They don't tell you to keep doing what you were doing before, they don't tell you to hope and pray that some other women just 'gets you' they tell you to self-improve, to keep on improving, to keep exercising and working on your career, climb the ladder, learn the ropes...

There are a lot of bad people on TheRedPill but they are not 'nice guys'and it's funny that women here seem to utterly despise 'nice guys', this fits into TheRedPills narrative because they are aware that women either hate less-than-ideal males, or those males are basically invisible to them. That fits RIGHT into their narrative VERY well and it paints a pretty clear picture of what women really think about 'nice guys'.

It paints the picture that he's a push-over, someone that's not capable of defending the nest -- most women HATE that, and it's for that reason this male is typically invisible to them.

Anyways, TheRedPill reflects the brutal reality of this world, that like animals: humans gravitate towards power. Every time you see a cult form around a figurehead or celebrity, you understand that this isn't something wise or new, it's just the nature of this world.