The top 10 rejection lines given by women.

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 2:01 am

10. I think of you as a brother. (You remind me of that inbred banjo playing geek in 'Deliverance')

9. There's a slight difference in our ages. (I don't want to do my dad.)

8. I'm not attracted to you in 'that' way. (You are the ugliest dork I've ever laid eyes on.)

7. My life is too complicated right now. (I don't want you spending the whole night or else you may hear phone calls from all the other guys I'm seeing.)

6. I've got a boyfriend. (I prefer my male cat and a half gallon of Ben and Jerry's.)

5. I don't date men where I work. (I wouldn't date you if you were in the same 'solar system', much less the same building.)

4. It's not you, it's me. (It's you.)

3. I'm concentrating on my career. (Even something as boring and un-fulfilling as my job is better than dating you.)

2. I'm celibate. (I've sworn off only the men like you.)

1. Let's be friends. (I want you to stay around so I can tell you in excruciating detail about all the other men I meet and lay. It's the male perspective thing.)

non_sequiturr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jun 2007, 2:10 am

That's harsh, but funny as hell. Lol! :lol:

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

04 Jun 2007, 2:11 am

There's certainly a grain of truth in most of those. :lol:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 2:13 am

Why it's not worth asking.

Though, I've had at least one
girl tell me that she thought of
me as a brother (that she never
had) while we were together.
'course, we both got turned on
but the whole incest thing...and
...uhm....

willow
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 2:18 am

and what about excuses guys give?

I hardly think those reasons, while amusing, pertain to just women.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 2:35 am

Women ask? I'm used to them just
taking.

Avian
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2007, 2:48 am

Here's some I've been met with:

"I'll be right back." (She never returns.)

No reason given at all. (The way they generally were in my twenties.)

"You're too old for me." (A perfect blanket excuse they can give now that I'm in my forties.)

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 3:13 am

Avian wrote:
"You're too old for me." (A perfect blanket excuse they can give now that I'm in my forties.)

I've learned to stop telling them my age.
I still get carded for alcohol, so I attract
things that are half my age.

St-Mauritius
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jun 2007, 4:06 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
1. Let's be friends. (I want you to stay around so I can tell you in excruciating detail about all the other men I meet and lay. It's the male perspective thing.)

This is so true! My last girlfriend not only said that line, but actually also told me some details of her one night stands she had after we broke up! After some time, she wanted me to become her “sex buddy” (actual quote!). So I guess these stories were a “NT game” for getting to this point. In the end I refused her tempting “offer”, because she made it perfectly clear that I would only be a temporary solution during her search for a real boyfriend.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 4:25 am

This is the one thing that will mess me up the most with women... all the "little" lies they say just to be nice. I am so naive that I will probably not recognize the lie, unless it happens habitually... or someone explicitly tells me that it is a lie.

Then I become quite bitter (well for me and my happy go lucky self) and estranged, and I can't believe that women "lie" this much. And the fact that they think they are being nice about it... for me an honest truth about what exactly is going on is better than any lie.

Though, I can laugh at these now that I know what is going on.

And just to be fair, guys will use many of these lines just like women do. If my understanding of Seinfeld is to be believed.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 7:57 am

Every single one of those can be simply interpreted as "I have low interest level in you."

A woman in love is never confusing

TRUE
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jun 2007, 11:22 am

That's so unfair! My comments added:

10. I think of you as a brother. (You remind me of that inbred banjo playing geek in 'Deliverance')
<I have a warm affection for you, but it is not a sexual attraction>

<There's nothing wrong with people preferring their own age, or preferring an age gap>

8. I'm not attracted to you in 'that' way. (You are the ugliest dork I've ever laid eyes on.)
<Again, warm friendship feelings, think of same-sex feelings if you are heterosexual. There is nothing wrong with liking someone, a lot, and being good friends, why does it have to become sexual if one is hetero and has a friend of the opposite sex?>

7. My life is too complicated right now. (I don't want you spending the whole night or else you may hear phone calls from all the other guys I'm seeing.)
<Complicated can mean complicated. It could have to do with work, family, friends, health, finances. When my mum was dying, my life was too complicated, no matter who would have asked me out.>

6. I've got a boyfriend. (I prefer my male cat and a half gallon of Ben and Jerry's.)
<What's wrong with cats and ice cream? And some people DO have boyfriends, hello?>

5. I don't date men where I work. (I wouldn't date you if you were in the same 'solar system', much less the same building.)
<I don't like dating people at work either. The only time that happened ended up getting me and the guy transferred to other branches. There was a third girl involved. She tried to take out my hip bone with 15 pounds of metal. There was too much tension, both sexual and anger, and it was messy>

<It's me. People can be great people, but not necessarily perfect matches for each other. What you think of as being a good match may not at all be what I want.>

3. I'm concentrating on my career. (Even something as boring and un-fulfilling as my job is better than dating you.)
<People do that. People may want to work towards a career goal, rather than a relationship goal. A friend divorced her husband for that very reason. He started to pressure her to have babies, and she wanted to work on her career. Can't do both. Can't be a stay-at-home mom and also be a career ladder climber. She chose career.>

<I AM celibate. I don't just run around hopping into bed with any fella that happens along. I think sex should mean something. I don't know what. But something.>

<Friends will sometimes be around for a long time, a lot longer than some relationships. And it's good to have opposite sex friends who really do care about you, and want the best for you. Who might be able to give you points of view from "the other side". That kind of honesty that rarely comes in relationships... But should come in relationships, in my opinion.>

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:25 am

It sounds like something you would see off of The David Letterman Show.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 12:47 pm

TRUE wrote:

<There's nothing wrong with people preferring their own age, or preferring an age gap>

<Again, warm friendship feelings, think of same-sex feelings if you are heterosexual. There is nothing wrong with liking someone, a lot, and being good friends, why does it have to become sexual if one is hetero and has a friend of the opposite sex?>

<Complicated can mean complicated. It could have to do with work, family, friends, health, finances. When my mum was dying, my life was too complicated, no matter who would have asked me out.>

<What's wrong with cats and ice cream? And some people DO have boyfriends, hello?>

<I don't like dating people at work either. The only time that happened ended up getting me and the guy transferred to other branches. There was a third girl involved. She tried to take out my hip bone with 15 pounds of metal. There was too much tension, both sexual and anger, and it was messy>

<It's me. People can be great people, but not necessarily perfect matches for each other. What you think of as being a good match may not at all be what I want.>

<People do that. People may want to work towards a career goal, rather than a relationship goal. A friend divorced her husband for that very reason. He started to pressure her to have babies, and she wanted to work on her career. Can't do both. Can't be a stay-at-home mom and also be a career ladder climber. She chose career.>

<I AM celibate. I don't just run around hopping into bed with any fella that happens along. I think sex should mean something. I don't know what. But something.>

<Friends will sometimes be around for a long time, a lot longer than some relationships. And it's good to have opposite sex friends who really do care about you, and want the best for you. Who might be able to give you points of view from "the other side". That kind of honesty that rarely comes in relationships... But should come in relationships, in my opinion.>

yea ....right :roll:

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 12:50 pm

What do people expect anyway? If a girl doesn't like you then she doesn't like you. Would you rather she turn around and say "f**k off you ugly c**t"? How do you know these excuses aren't actually real reasons anyway?

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 1:04 pm

TRUE wrote:

that seems more realistic with those added comments...

LePetitPrince wrote:

That is definitely not realistic, lets give an example, "Let's be friends" means just that but it does not mean they will tell you about all of the other men they have slept with, besides, I have a few female friends, and they are great, no harm there

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years