Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 64 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 91  Next

emilieTomorrow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2011, 8:21 am

I'm reading and I'll be one to try by tossing myself in here.

I'm Emilie. I'm 27 and live in Orlando, Florida, USA. Actually, I live in a "suburb" of Orlando. Orlando is chaos with tourists and people and traffic and noise. It's hell. Most people know who my boss is so I won't say much about what I do. I was officially divorced almost two years ago. It will be two years in September. Things had been deteriorating before he walked out. We just weren't compatible. He wanted the life of the party and to have parties every weekend and that isn't who I am. I like quiet. I don't want a barbecue in our limited space on the patio. I bought a 4 seat hot tub so I could have the warmth and movement of hot water that I really like. It relaxes me and I even like the hum of the motor. All my problems disappear and it becomes my little world inside our 8ft fence. He didn't understand that and he was always frustrated with me. He hasn't spoken to me at all since we got divorced. It's like speaking to me was a mandatory obligation that he was released from at that moment. First I decided to not date ever again because there's no point in the nonsense if nobody is going to understand or accept you but my coworkers and my friends back home say that there are people out there who aren't like my exhusband. So who knows. I suppose it is time to start dating again but I can't say I want to do anything in any big rush. I'm quiet and I like to keep everything calm and quiet. I have a small apartment that I love. It is my home. I keep it just the way that I want it.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 8:59 am

it takes a "byte" to type only one character.
a "bit" is an 1/8 of a "byte".
i can not describe my self in (or for (or to)) one "bit" except to say that i am "on" (i.e: a "1" (i.e: alive))

old mcdonald has a farm,
ie: aye he "owes"

i feel stupid tonight for a reason that i am too stupid to elucidate. i wish i had a smart NT with me to tell me if what i write is postable. i have not had alcohol but i feel silly.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 11:10 pm

My name is Smellycat, well, it is for now.

I am a professional artist, and I have done a little bit of modeling with lots and lots of makeup for sake of not breaking the camera lens. Yeah, the Fabio type look for local, cheesy, Montgomery Wards type stuff. Of course I am all skinny now, I need a lady to cook good foods with me, it's funner that way.

I am divorced now, and I did have some emotional baggage, but I put it in storage and forgot to pay the fees and it was auctioned off. My pain is someone else's problem now!

I am 47, 5'11', blonde hair, and the picture of my avatar is about 8 months old. I live now in Arizona, but I do crave greenery and water! I lived on the Lost Coast in northern California where the giant redwoods grow, I loved it there, and will one day move back there.

As I said in my introduction post, I don't quite get it if a lady likes me, unless she is really obvious about it. I was diagnosed with Aspergers a few months ago, so know I know why I am some of the ways I am.
I choose to view it as superior, like Khan from Star Trek. Where is forum where we brag about our I.Q.?

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

13 Aug 2011, 11:24 pm

DeeDee27 wrote:
swbluto wrote:
I don't see the point in talking about myself, honestly. Who even reads this?

1148 people apparently.

oh, make that 1149.

77 pages x 15 posts per page = 1155 posts. Since we're not really at 77 full pages, it's a little less.

Oh yes, the statistics are looking encouraging. :lol:

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 11:35 pm

swbluto wrote:
I don't see the point in talking about myself, honestly. Who even reads this?

Not me. :D

Sextaesada
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 10:24 pm

Hello I am alex. I have dark brown hair, and hazel eyes..I question if i really have any friends, if tgis life is even worth living....I like artsy gore, and fantasy art. I am obsessive, self centered, and boring. I hate the idea that somone is just using me. I am 19, and going into college...

DC
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 7:06 pm

No.

Bugger off and leave me alone I'm anti-social. :)

Sextaesada
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

DC wrote:

No.

Bugger off and leave me alone I'm anti-social. :)
maybe i will just bug you a bit.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

Hi. Calling myself Burnbridge these days for good reason. Not too many long term friends, you know ;)

I'm 36, just I found out I have asboogers a year ago. Heightened senses, particularily smells, tactile and (tonal) hearing. Enhanced visual perception for spatial relationships and textural details, as well as color recognition. Being good with smells, touching and colors brought me to cooking and baking for the last 20 years (great work for an asperg). Can't wear synthetic fibers - too distracting, and give me skin rashes and make my sweat smell bad. Can't talk or think in the presence of perfumes. Can't make words happen without lots of coffee. Can't makes words if I drink alchohol. Sometimes I think in smells and touches. Eiditic memory for objects how they have been used, how they were aquired, etc., but I cannot remember who told me what story when.

I run the kitchen of a fine diner at a resort on a big lake in Nebraska. Living half in the woods, on a lake that has 6 foot waves. Lots of wild aminals here: turkeys, beaver, otters, racoons, birds fish and icky bugs. It's an 18 mile bike ride into town once a week to get groceries.

I have two asperg neices and one autist neice, was how I found out. My shrink told me I have the emotional capacity of an 18 year old, and honestly I just hit the point where I can have seminormal human friendships about 4 years ago. It's odd that most of the people my age that I have met are jealous of me now for my enthusiasm, energy level and fitness. They don't know what they're missing, and usually don't want to listen when I try explaining it to them.

Having recently found out I'm asperglar is both refreshing and unsettling. It's a relief to finally find a diagnosis that actually fits, but I'm so used to being "weird" that finding out how utterly typically aspergan I am makes me kind of sad. Do not feel unique anymore, and belonging in a group has always scared me.

I'm the make friends easily, talks-too-much kind of asperg, but the never-makes-long-term-friend kind of person. If I can't see smell or touch you right now, you might as well not exist. A couple times a year I remember some person I used to know and wonder what they're up to for a brief moment.

My first social experiences were on the pre-internet BBSes in the early 80s, I'm probably from the first wave of people to grow up socializing on a computer. In the 90s, I gave up computers, for about 8 years. I used to think that internet socializing was what was causing my akward social problems, now I feel it's probably the other way around.

I like cats more than humans. Especially my cat, Mr Bonkers.

Any other Nebraskans here? <crickets>

renemain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2011, 2:35 am

I don't get mad, never did. I'm extremely laid back. I believe due to my need to think rationally since I was a wee tot. I grew without being able to feel the full range of emotions others felt. I've dealt with many years of suicidal tendencies. With everything I've been through, I believe I've come a long way socially. I'm 33, have never had a job that lasted more than a year. Was diagnosed as having asperger's about a year n a half ago. Don't have any special talent.

Wonzling
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Oct 2011, 4:37 pm

I'm 33, from Germany. I have a MA in linguistics and am currently working on my doctorate (about the language use of World of Warcraft players).
I like everything dealing with science fiction and fantasy, be it film, book or game. I like watching movies and TV series (on DVD, can't stand normal TV). I'm also an avid video game player and like to analyse video games as an artistic medium.

I recently broke ip with my girlfriend of the past seven years. The relationship had already drifted into more of a friendship some time ago.
I would really like to find someone new who shares my interests, understands me and can laugh with me.

ImjustRandom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Oct 2011, 1:27 pm

I love being Aspergers Syndrome and being the way i am and i dont care what NTs think of that they can go f emselfs (I do not hate them) anyway im currently interested in the universe and what colonization will be happening in the future maby only decades from now happening in the future maby only decades from now. I believe in logic and i hate it when people ask me why i dont drink alcohol and smoke tabacco ETC. I have never had a Girlfriend/Boyfriend (I am not homosexual) and probably never will :twisted: I love my Anti-social ways :evil: many people may think im sad depressed and suicidal but im not that is just a mistake they have made

SnowlightMarco
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2011, 11:23 pm

I'm Marco. I'm 15. I live in New Mexico, USA. I write stories. i like anime. i like playing Pokemon and Grand Theft Auto. I'm sort of a latino gangster since i live in a ghetto. thats basically me.

RyanGPenner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Oct 2011, 1:16 am

I'm Ryan, I'm 23 and live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 15 or so, I work as a security guard and have done so in some capacity for about 5 years. Relationship wise, I'm in a relationship with an amazing woman and actually our first anniversary is tomorrow. My interests/obsessions include politics, religion, history and the law. And yeh, I dunno what els to say right now.

LexF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2011, 8:39 am

Hi, I'm Lex and I'll be your waiter. I should warn you, I'm not very good at it.

I'm a writer, have had seven books published since 2008, and I'm working on a few more. Mostly sci-fi, although one book is about internet dating and one is a sort of poetry/miscellany mish-mosh.

I'm interested in things like comic books (especially the original Green Lantern, I love that guy), certain TV shows, gray pens (pens with gray ink, not the easiest thing in the world to find, but they're out there), anthropology, cosmology, m-theory, and poodling around on the computer for endless hours.

I studied psychology for seven years, which is sort of a mixed blessing in some situations.

Diagnosed with AS in 2007, I basically ignored it until recently when it occurred to me that I needed to pay more attention to this as it really does explain a lot of the oddities in my life.

I'm divorced -- marriage was a very very bad experience -- and have come to the conclusion that I would have been better off going back in time and being tortured by all those scary torture devices they had back in the 1500s or whenever it was, than getting married.

I'd like to meet a girl who is more interesting than the ingredients list on the Planters Peanuts jar, but this has proven to be a statistical impossibility up to this point........

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

my life source is a miniaturized thorium reactor that is my power pack that is plugged into by torso.

i have capacitor banks that can store 425,000 volts of electricity, and i can choose the amperage of the discharge bolt if i am in a combative situation.

i am an environmental assessment robot. the reason i was designed and built, was to facilitate the robinson family who were sent on a journey to alpha centauri.

i am not really stuck in that idea, but my real life mirrors it in some ways.

i was stuck in that type of thought when i was a child.