Nice Guys and Love, what's your take on the issue

Page 65 of 78 [ 1243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 78  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:46 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
True for that most part, except that far to few women are interested in something as "uncool" as a virgin.

not actually true considering the number of women who have sex with virgins. every guy loses it to someone, after all

Most guys lose it as teen to teen girls.

Kurgan is right, I am afraid, a lot of women (adults) don't regard virgin men highly.

Society in general makes a big deal about virginity.....I mean really who cares whether or not someones had sex yet......is it that bad that the chance they have an STD is lower?

Because this how they would think:

A virgin man = never had a relationship before = then there's something wrong in him.

Why is there something wrong with someone if they haven't had sex? I don't understand this society sometimes(actually don't understand it at all.)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

It really makes sense when you put it like this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
True for that most part, except that far to few women are interested in something as "uncool" as a virgin.

not actually true considering the number of women who have sex with virgins. every guy loses it to someone, after all

Kurgan is right, I am afraid, a lot of women (adults) don't regard virgin men highly.

Society in general makes a big deal about virginity.....I mean really who cares whether or not someones had sex yet......is it that bad that the chance they have an STD is lower?

A virgin man = never had a relationship before = then there's something wrong in him.

Why is there something wrong with someone if they haven't had sex? I don't understand this society sometimes(actually don't understand it at all.)

Well, because it makes sense.

An employer doesn't usually prefer to hire an adult person with zero years experience.

Why? first he's more likely to be incompetent hence why never had a job, plus he lacks the experience.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Also, teen soaps and MTV have made virginity the ultimate badge of looserness.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:54 pm

Kurgan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Also, teen soaps and MTV have made virginity the ultimate badge of looserness.

MTV is full of BS

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

An employer doesn't usually prefer to hire an adult person with zero years experience.

Why? first he's more likely to be incompetent hence why never had a job, plus he lacks the experience.

And the only way to gain experience is to do things, so what is the thinking basically 'if he/she hasn't had sex yet, they certainly never should.'? Also I thought relationships where about more than just sex, so I don't see how that is quite comparable to an employer looking for someone with experience in a certain field.....also it's not like sex is that complex of an activity I mean I think we all know how it basically works.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:58 pm

If we stopped generalizing by gender we could stop having arguments about it. Wouldn't that be lovely?
Sex and dating are very individual things with a lot of variance and a lot of things that don't get talked about or expressed behind closed doors so public perception can be very inaccurate.
Everyone is a virgin at some point, different cultures, communities, and people have different attitudes towards virginity and sex.
People are all different so there is no standard right answer for "what women think about this or that" or "how men are thought of with this or that stipulation".
In my personal experience (no more/no less valid than anyone else's) I've never been particularly concerned with the sexual history of a partner (so long as they've had recent testing done) and I've only experienced judgementalness from potential partners who were not particularly "nice" and never moved past the potential stage.
I like people who are genuinely nice and sweet. I don't like people who act nice in the hopes of being 'rewarded' with sex. Really I guess I like people who are genuine and honest, ulterior motives are not cute.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
If we stopped generalizing by gender we could stop having arguments about it. Wouldn't that be lovely?
Sex and dating are very individual things with a lot of variance and a lot of things that don't get talked about or expressed behind closed doors so public perception can be very inaccurate.
Everyone is a virgin at some point, different cultures, communities, and people have different attitudes towards virginity and sex.
People are all different so there is no standard right answer for "what women think about this or that" or "how men are thought of with this or that stipulation".
In my personal experience (no more/no less valid than anyone else's) I've never been particularly concerned with the sexual history of a partner (so long as they've had recent testing done) and I've only experienced judgementalness from potential partners who were not particularly "nice" and never moved past the potential stage.
I like people who are genuinely nice and sweet. I don't like people who act nice in the hopes of being 'rewarded' with sex. Really I guess I like people who are genuine and honest, ulterior motives are not cute.

+1

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:03 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

And the only way to gain experience is to do things, so what is the thinking basically 'if he/she hasn't had sex yet, they certainly never should.'?

They wouldn't think like this but simply they would see it as a turn off.

Quote:
Also I thought relationships where about more than just sex,

That's exactly why virgins aren't the top desired....

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:05 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

And the only way to gain experience is to do things, so what is the thinking basically 'if he/she hasn't had sex yet, they certainly never should.'?

Quote:

I doubt every female sees virginity as a turn off......though generally speaking society says it's supposed to be a turn off but I don't see why. In this society you're either a 'whore' because you've had too much sex, or a loser because you haven't had sex...I find it ridiculous.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:09 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Quote:

I doubt every female sees virginity as a turn off......though generally speaking society says it's supposed to be a turn off but I don't see why. In this society you're either a 'whore' because you've had too much sex, or a loser because you haven't had sex...I find it ridiculous.

We can cry about this all day.

Or we can just co-live with it.

I am virgin btw.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I am virgin btw.

Oh? I wasn't aware anyone was crying...I just don't see what's wrong with being a virgin, and I think it's stupid most of society seems to promote the stigma attached to being a virgin which I personally don't think should exist in the first place.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:18 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I am virgin btw.

Oh? I wasn't aware anyone was crying...I just don't see what's wrong with being a virgin, and I think it's stupid most of society seems to promote the stigma attached to being a virgin which I personally don't think should exist in the first place.

lol ... don't take the word cry literally, i meant it as complaining and the like.

The stigma is there and it's not changing anytime soon, it's not like we have other choice but to co-live with it.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:24 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Quote:

I am virgin btw.

It's amazing then that you have so many insights into the sexual behavior and thought processes of women.
Maybe more talking to individual women, less talking about an imaginary female hivemind.
No one is crying (or complaining, whatever patronizing thing you meant to say). We're discussing patriarchal double standards. You know, talking about it, like how adults solve problems.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:29 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Quote:

I am virgin btw.

It's amazing then that you have so many insights into the sexual behavior and thought processes of women.
Maybe more talking to individual women, less talking about an imaginary female hivemind.
No one is crying (or complaining, whatever patronizing thing you meant to say). We're discussing patriarchal double standards. You know, talking about it, like how adults solve problems.

See, that's exactly what i was talking about all the time.

(btw, there are a lot of other ways to learn about the sexual behavior and the mainstream thought processes of some women other than having sex with them.....)

Anyways, thank you for proving my point.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 4:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Quote:

I am virgin btw.

See, that's exactly what i was talking about all the time.

(btw, there are a lot of other ways to know the sexual behavior and the mainstream thought processes of some women other than having sex with them.....)

Thank you for proving my point.

I never said you weren't desirable because of your sexual status (there are other reasons for that). I shouls have said interesting instead of amazing because that's closer to my meaning. It's interesting that you invest so much time examining and presenting speculation as fact on the topic of female sexuality when, for neither good or bad, you haven't had first had experience.
If you felt that was a put down I apologize because it was simply an observation.
Do you resent women or blame them for you being a virgin?
Do you dislike being a virgin?