Talk about yourself for a bit

Page 68 of 91 [ 1452 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 91  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 10:56 am

I'm no good at these.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Last edited by xxZeromancerlovexx on 06 May 2012, 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Num4Myranda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2012, 9:28 pm

My name is Myranda. I'm 16. I currently attend high school. I've had the same bf for 2 years. Um I'm funny sweet and outgoing. Don't be afraid to talk to me. I love listening to and making music when I'm alone. I'm sorry I don't have much today but that's me

aarpar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2012, 9:33 am

How's it going? I'm Aaron but most call me A-Ron. I'm a wannabe web designer and developer, and a musician with an urge to change the world. I use Adobe CS5 for graphics and animation, as well as Audacity, Cubase, Acid Pro, FruityLoops, as well as many open-source micro-music applications for music creation like Korg DS-10 and FamiTracker for making NES sounding tunes. I've been producing and composing hip-hop and electronic music since 2001. In my spare time, I like to produce video games, hip-hop beats and electro music, websites, write songs and essays, and hang out with the few friends I have.

I was diagnosed with AS after trying to pick fights with people who hated me in my old high school after graduating just because they bullied me in the halls. I fell into a downward spiral and started drinking. I went back to school after that, went into Christianity, stopped drinking and started making friends at church. After graduating from college the first time, I worked in a call centre for years and then after saving up, went to upgrade my studies in a small town near Winnipeg.

My story took a real hard turn in March 2011. I was rejected by a girl in this small town who I wanted to be more than friends with and now she's married to another friend of mine who's a schizophrenic. I harnessed all the anger and directed it toward doing well in my schoolwork. There would be nights I'd study until 2 in the morning. I became obsessed with upgrading my studies in web design that nothing else, not even the friends I had in that small town mattered. I wanted to go home to Winnipeg. The worst part was that I was invited to the wedding by her brother who I'm still distant friends with and I said "Absolutely not." I pretty much lost all hope and much of my faith in God and now only attend church once in a while to combat the pain.

Now I'm in Winnipeg with a girl I love and I'm still feeling the pain of that rejection. It sucks to have a past but both me and her are working through it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thataaronguy204

MELODY-S
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2012, 11:37 pm

Hi, I’m Melody. I moved to the Seattle area four years ago from California. My youngest child is graduating from high school and will be off to college soon. I was widowed five years ago. My late husband was sick for more than a decade and I was his caregiver. It was a miserable marriage, but it is really difficult to leave someone who is very ill. I am much more content with my life now. I spent my entire adult life taking care of other people and I am looking forward to the empty nest stage and simply taking care of me.

I work in the computer industry, and have done so successfully for many years. I enjoy my profession and I am good at it. I realized I had Asperger’s when my son was diagnosed and I recognized myself. I love my quiet peaceful life. I have few friends and that is OK. I just bought a house with a lovely garden that will be my new hobby.

All outward appearances are that I am a boring middle aged mom. Actually, my life has been fairly interesting (in the Chinese curse kind of way). I am at a point in my life where I know that I would rather be alone than wishing I were. If someday I find someone special that would be wonderful, but I do not need a relationship to have a rich satisfying life. The phrase that defines my ideal relationship is “a partnership of equals.”

ialdabaoth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2012, 4:59 am

I'm Brent, and I'm 37. I live in Phoenix Arizona; before that I lived in Bakersfield California.

I'm still struggling with teaching myself that no one gives a f**k what I have to say, no matter how much I want to be heard. ESPECIALLY not when they say that they give a f**k.

aarpar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2012, 12:30 pm

ialdabaoth wrote:
I'm still struggling with teaching myself that no one gives a f**k what I have to say, no matter how much I want to be heard. ESPECIALLY not when they say that they give a f**k.

I can understand this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thataaronguy204

KatTheStrong
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2012, 9:52 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Kat....a muscular vegetarian from the West Coast. I love lifting weights, running and being in the great outdoors. I have a moderate case of Depression and am recovering from Sensory Integration Disorder.

I enjoy a wide array of things. History, sports, music, movies, conspiracy theories, and philosophy to name a few

NoGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Jun 2012, 4:19 am

I don't like using my real name online. I'm 21 and I (rather) recently moved to Ontario from Alberta. My eyes are blue, my hair is long, wavy ash brown (sometimes lightening to dark blonde), and I tend to be rather pale (I don't like being in direct sunlight). I'm about 5"4.
At either five or six, upon my first visit to a psychiatrist, it was suggested that I might have AS, but I wasn't diagnosed with it until two years ago (Gotta love the MMPI). Needless to say, it wasn't exactly a surprising turn of events.
I'm an avid gamer, but due to a slew of issues (including poor fine motor skills) I'm horrible at playing FPSes, driving sims, platformers, DDR, and a variety of other types, and as a result don't really play them. This works well, because I usually prefer RPGs. And anything in the Katamari series. Currently I'm playing Daggerfall (and, simultaneously, Morrowind).
I am quite typically naive and socially inept, and am quite embarrassed by the latter. I've been described as passionate, determined, sincere, kind, smart and 'quirky' (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean), but I'd describe myself in more...negative terms.
My current fascination seems to be comics (Marvel, mostly X-men), and from time to time I've been known to write reviews, short character studies, and even an essay or two on the subject. I seem to be still stuck in my Nine Inch Nails phase, despite not liking the music all that much (there's so much of it, and some of it I just can't stand anymore...), but I've recently been starting to listen to the occasional Sting, music from the .hack series, and a few songs by Tool. I don't partake in sports but I do a lot of walking. Other hobbies include reading (my current favourite author is Kurt Vonnegut), writing, and attempting to draw things. Interests include mythology (Greek, mostly), fashion design, sewing, religion, cults, history, Minecraft, psychology and sociology (although I don't have much formal schooling, so my understanding is fairly basic), and a slew of other things I can't think of at the moment.

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 5:41 am

My name is Roman. I am 32. I am originally from Russia. I came to USA at 14. I got my Physics ph.d. in USA when I was 29 and now I am doing postdoc in India. I am focusing on interpretation of quantum mechanics and quantum gravity; although for the most part I am designing my own approach and do not stick to any conventional schools of thought, so this makes me rather isolated in my research. I am 5'9'' and I weigh 140 lbl. I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Ethnically I am Jewish but I believe in Jesus, although I still keep mosaic laws (so I consider myself messianic Jew). I don't believe in sex before marriage and I also don't believe in devorce either. In terms of my hobbies I like long distance running and I like hiking, backpacking and traveling in general. My dream is to see Southern Hemisphere, which I haven't done yet for some reason. I did travel all over Europe though and my favorite country seems to be England (mainly because people speak English LOL). Since I don't have time/money to travel as much as I would like, I replace it with wondering around the city and going off to random directions to see where htey will take me. In terms of music I tend to like country simply because it tends to relax me. I might like some classic rock such as beatles, but I definitely don't like metal. For the most part I like the songs that remind me of the time when I first heard them if that time is associated with better period of my life LOL. As for movies I haven't been to enoguh of them to develop specific taste, but basically I like anythign that keeps my attention, be it drama or mystery.

BrenJB
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jun 2012, 1:46 am

Hi! I am an American NT from Florida living in Tennessee. I am in a relationship with an Aspie for almost 8 months. :) I plan on attending university for med school as I want to be a thoracic surgeon but at the moment I am a senior in high school and have a very successful modeling and acting career. I am very adept in math and academia in general and I just kind of fell into my current career.. This forum has helped me to understand AS and my Aspie bf.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

Roman wrote:
My name is Roman. I am 32. I am originally from Russia. I came to USA at 14. I got my Physics ph.d. in USA when I was 29 and now I am doing postdoc in India. I am focusing on interpretation of quantum mechanics and quantum gravity; although for the most part I am designing my own approach and do not stick to any conventional schools of thought, so this makes me rather isolated in my research. I am 5'9'' and I weigh 140 lbl. I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Ethnically I am Jewish but I believe in Jesus, although I still keep mosaic laws (so I consider myself messianic Jew). I don't believe in sex before marriage and I also don't believe in devorce either. In terms of my hobbies I like long distance running and I like hiking, backpacking and traveling in general. My dream is to see Southern Hemisphere, which I haven't done yet for some reason. I did travel all over Europe though and my favorite country seems to be England (mainly because people speak English LOL). Since I don't have time/money to travel as much as I would like, I replace it with wondering around the city and going off to random directions to see where htey will take me. In terms of music I tend to like country simply because it tends to relax me. I might like some classic rock such as beatles, but I definitely don't like metal. For the most part I like the songs that remind me of the time when I first heard them if that time is associated with better period of my life LOL. As for movies I haven't been to enoguh of them to develop specific taste, but basically I like anythign that keeps my attention, be it drama or mystery.

Nice to meet you Roman.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 4:02 pm

I don't know. PM if you want to talk. I'm into women.

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 4:04 pm

bizboy1 wrote:
Roman wrote:

Nice to meet you Roman.

Just to avoid any possible confusion, I am straight. I also asked bizboy if he is gay and he is likewise straight.

marioLuvs1ups
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm

Hello, My name is Anthony and I'm 24 1/2. My diagnoses include, Schizophrenia (Paranoid) Fragile X Syndrome and Asperger's Syndrome. I may also have a few undiagnosed mental disabilities as I suspect that I may have Bipolar Disorder, manic/depressant and Compulsive Obsessions.

I live in Washington State and I enjoy the scenery here very much :D I enjoy a number of things and activities and have a few hobbies as well.
These things include:

My Linux box, as I love to learn about computers and how they operate. Also I'm learning some programming languages but my favorites are Python and PERL. I'm wanting to learn about electronic engineering as I want to learn everything inside and out about computers.

Creative Writing, since I love writing short stories and occasionally poetry. I also write in a journal to enhance my writing skills. Someday I would like to publish a short story or a novel of some sort.

Music writing, is something I do but not very often. I also play the guitar and some piano. But with the guitar I'm still learning and the piano I could sort of play but I'm out of practice.

Gaming is something everybody does but I'm into retro stuff as I absolutely love the SNES (Super Nintendo). Besides playing the SNES, I'm also learning everything I can about it. Like with my love of computers I'm wanting to how the SNES works inside in out as well lol

One day I want to get into game design and maybe create my own console. This is something I enjoy learning as I'm also into ROM hacking/modification. ROM (Video game) hacking is basicly either a hobby of modifying the original game ROM or learning everything you can about how it works or both. As I'm very creative and curious I'm into both modification and learning about it.

As for entertainment, I do enjoy watching movies like everyone else but I prefer the classics. It seems today that Hollywood is coming out with more and more bad movies and the occasional remake, which I do not like. Therefore I love 80's and 90's classics and sometimes something from the 70's 60's and 50's. I do watch the modern movies and there's a few I do actually like. For instances I love the Batman begins series. For me to watch anything else that I dislike, it'll have to be a RiffTrax'ed movie. A RiffTrax'ed movie is a movie that has been riffed on by the original riffers from Mystery Science Theater 3000K and you can buy these tracks too.

Television isn't something I watch very often anymore but I do enjoy the History, Science and Discovery channels. I have a few shows I absolutely love but I don't like television controlling me.

My activities include:

Yoga, cause even though I'm a complete n00b at yoga, it's easier to do the positions than bending over to touch my toes were. It's weird how when you do the positions right your muscles ease up and your a lot more flexible than how you would reach down to touch your toes. This is something I do enjoy doing and I love the feeling of how your bodies breathing.

Martial arts is something I want to look into as well...

I do work out everyday which includes doing military style drills like pushups and running. Also toning my muscles is something that gives me confidence and makes me less self conscience but the problem with depression get's in the way and I could go days without doing anything active. So I do extra things to make up for those days.

Taking a walk in the woods is fun as well as bike riding or meditation. I love meditating in my special place that I go when I'm done walking in the woods. It's convenient when your favorite place to meditate is in the woods :D

this is already getting pretty long so I'll just end it right here :P I'm not really sure if I did this right or not, or if I should have anyone PM me if their interested ? :/

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 4:10 pm

I'm a 'gift from God' (hint at my first name and perhaps a *little* self aggrandizing :P ), 32, and about half an hour from the Rock & Roll hall of fame, ie. NE Ohio.

What can I say about myself? My life is ever changing, the minute I have my ambitions really set on a new path a whole other set of life instructions comes in and perhaps doesn't wipe that out but at least puts it on the back burner. For instance in the past year I spent six months reading every strong book I could on real estate investment, looking to save up for a good multifamily property and make some cash as a land lord. That kind of got kicked back as my savings haven't built as fast as I'd liked, my current job has been stagnating, and I'm looking at getting out since I feel like the ship is sinking.

More general and long run stuff about me - I've been a life long musician, if I have hiatus I have hiatus, am on something of the like right now but no doubt it will heat back up and another big flight of new tunes will hit my Soundcloud soon enough. For anyone who can't tell or hasn't seen it ad nauseum, for seven years of my WP membership, I'm a junglist through and through - nine times out of ten if I've got something playing in the background its dnb.

Other than that - I've got my head in the clouds, for as much as I might come off a bit bristly I'm a bit like the way most Israeli's explain themselves - hard/spiky on the outside, soft and sweet in the inside. Despite all cultural compulsions as of late I spent a couple years as a pretty strong materialist/atheist, had that shattered by new incoming information, and as a self-aware spiritual being I'm hoping to light the world up.

Aside from making music I also have about four years worth of martial arts - Kali, Panantukan, Kuntao/Silat, pretty much just look up Dan Inosanto - the stuff I'm learning is almost identical to his curriculum. I love it as I never was a fighter as a kid, was too unique to really fit in, and this is giving me the confidence to really be my best self more rather than worry quite as much about conforming for the sake of it.

At the moment my real estate hopes aren't completely dashed, just taking care of other things while the money gets saved and, if I find myself a good multifamily deal by next year I may well jump on it. The main thing about that though - I just want to make sure I have enough saved over and above my 20% down and my repair money to act as a buffer should layoffs at any job happen. Also, I'll likely need to be at any new job for at least a year to get my credit numbers back.

So, that's a June 15th, 2012 snapshot of me.

rober
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2012, 6:42 am

I am a very cautious person. I never take on anything head first. I see, I analyse and then act. People around me can make fun of me, but I analysed how to walk on walls way before any of my class mates did, I am sure. Walls offer a great way to practice balance. My judgement is mostly right, because as I said, I never get into something without thinking about it...