Interracial Dating and double standards

Page 9 of 21 [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 8:03 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
Why some white women prefer black men:

Quote:
Black men have something white guys don’t have anymore: confidence in their masculinity, their sexuality. They clearly know they’re men. White men appear to be waiting for the latest sociological research study to let them know if they are men or not. Yet black men are gentlemen, something else white men no longer are. They make me feel like a woman, both respected and desired. I can let go of my inhibitions, my need to control, when I am with them. How many white men can treat a woman like a lady and ravish her too?

Translation: black men, according to this white woman, are more "masculine" than other men. Whether true or not, a lot of white women think this, and it is socially acceptable for them to say it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EqCkFRICjI[/youtube]

I can see their point. If that's what they want, then that's what they want. And, I agree: all of the available evidence seems to suggest that, on average, Black men are more masculine than White men. I really can't perceive any valid counter-arguments. I'm not bothered by it--dem is just da facts.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itgyy2CBiso[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4a1Gil_zo[/youtube]

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 8:28 pm

But, if you prefer boys who are a tad less masculine

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2HnG9V6T98[/youtube]

Quote:
White boys are so pretty
Skin as smooth as milk
White boys are so pretty
Hair like Chinese silk

White boys give me goose bumps
White boys give me chills
When they touch my shoulder
That's the touch that kills

....My mother calls 'em lilies
I call 'em Piccadillies
My daddy warns me to stay away
But I say, "Come on out an' play"

....White boys are so pretty
White boys are so sweet
White boys drive me crazy
Drive me indiscreet

White boys are so sexy
Legs so long an' lean
Love those sprayed on trousers
I love the love machine

....White boys are so lovely
Beautiful as girls
Love to run my fingers
An' toes, through all their curls

Give me a tall
A lean, a sexy
A pretty, a groovy
A juicy white boy

We're reputed to be pretty, smooth as milk, hair like Chinese silk, lovely, beautiful as girls, and juicy.

If our type gives you goose bumps, then get ready for a ride on the love machine. :wink:

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 8:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
I wonder if they've ever reached the conclusion that "dating down" would have resulted in a committed relationship with a man who was grateful for any affection he received ... ?

Naaah ... that could never happen.

Penny and Leonard?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 9:51 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I wonder if they've ever reached the conclusion that "dating down" would have resulted in a committed relationship with a man who was grateful for any affection he received ... ? Naaah ... that could never happen.
Penny and Leonard?

Fictional characters don't count.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 10:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I wonder if they've ever reached the conclusion that "dating down" would have resulted in a committed relationship with a man who was grateful for any affection he received ... ? Naaah ... that could never happen.
Penny and Leonard?

Aw.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

06 Aug 2013, 10:38 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
I am not sure, if I have the right translation of commitment, but commitment in the way I understand it, means sympathy, focusing on something. So if I am wrong, correct me, but if not, isnt sympathy and that your girlfriend sees you as an for her relevant person, whose emotions should be cared for, as well something you simply expect as something that is essential for an relationship?

In America, if you ever read any love-advice column in a newspaper, or in a grocery-store magazine, it is usually chock full of advice for women on how to manipulate men into "committing" to them.

For example,

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-and- ... commitment

Quote:
....According to research, women have a greater chance of landing a boyfriend when they don't have sex on the first date. "Even if he's trying to angle his way upstairs, men actually enjoy waiting," advises Haltzman. Log three or four dates before sleeping with him. If that's too retro for you, at least limit the number of nights you hang out. "Don't skip yoga or happy hour just because he wants to see you," says Marshall. "Not always being available keeps the mystery alive."

....Done all that and he's still not committing? It's time to articulate your desires. "Guys may hate 'the talk,' but it's fair for you to express that you would like to be exclusive," Haltzman says. Try saying something like, "I'm having fun with you and I don't really want to see other people anymore. Do you?"....

I highly disagree with this.

If the woman is clearly out of my league or stretching it, I might cut her some slack for trying to delay sleeping together. I wouldn't normally have patience for it, though. Same with being unavailable too much.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 11:26 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:
I am not sure, if I have the right translation of commitment, but commitment in the way I understand it, means sympathy, focusing on something. So if I am wrong, correct me, but if not, isnt sympathy and that your girlfriend sees you as an for her relevant person, whose emotions should be cared for, as well something you simply expect as something that is essential for an relationship?

In America, if you ever read any love-advice column in a newspaper, or in a grocery-store magazine, it is usually chock full of advice for women on how to manipulate men into "committing" to them.

For example,

Quote:
....According to research, women have a greater chance of landing a boyfriend when they don't have sex on the first date. "Even if he's trying to angle his way upstairs, men actually enjoy waiting," advises Haltzman. Log three or four dates before sleeping with him. If that's too retro for you, at least limit the number of nights you hang out. "Don't skip yoga or happy hour just because he wants to see you," says Marshall. "Not always being available keeps the mystery alive."

....Done all that and he's still not committing? It's time to articulate your desires. "Guys may hate 'the talk,' but it's fair for you to express that you would like to be exclusive," Haltzman says. Try saying something like, "I'm having fun with you and I don't really want to see other people anymore. Do you?"....

If the woman is clearly out of my league or stretching it, I might cut her some slack for trying to delay sleeping together. I wouldn't normally have patience for it, though. Same with being unavailable too much.

Yeah, but plenty of wenches are reading this stuff and following this advice. My point was that, to the extent that women's magazines reflect the attitudes of women in the general population, a lot of this country's women are frustated at the lack of interest that men have in commiting themselves to relationships with them, and feel that they must resort to trickery and manipulation to get what they want out of men.

However, I don't think that I've ever seen an article that advocated the Nancy Reagan solution--it must have fallen out of fashion for most modern wenches. At least it would be crude to suggest that women should pursue this desperate measure, even in a woman's magazine.

Last edited by ArrantPariah on 07 Aug 2013, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 11:28 pm

Fnord wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Penny and Leonard?

Bear in mind, though, that as women age, they generally have little choice but to become less and less picky. There must be a fair number of middle-aged waitresses who would condescend to marry a scientist.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 2:05 am

ArrantPariah wrote:

:evil: :evil:

I can literally FEEL the butthurt rising in me with every passing second of this video!!!11

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 2:48 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

For example,

Quote:

Yeah, but plenty of wenches are reading this stuff and following this advice. My point was that, to the extent that women's magazines reflect they attitudes of women in the general population, a lot of this country's women are frustated at the lack of interest that men have in commiting themselves to relationships with them, and feel that they must resort to trickery and manipulation to get what they want out of men.

However, I don't think that I've ever seen an article that advocated the Nancy Reagan solution--it must have fallen out of fashion for most modern wenches. At least it would be crude to suggest that women should pursue this desperate measure, even in a woman's magazine.

I´d agree with you about manipulation on purpose, so if I want sex at the first date, then I want sex at a first date, and if not, then not, and dont care if that goes against any tactics or whatever. But out of the same reason, I´d as well ask a boy about his feelings for me, if I have a need to ask for that. Asking a boy about his feelings for me, is no manipulation, its simply about getting an information. I dont see whats so bad about talking about both your emotion, so that both can freely decide if they think, going further makes sense to both of them or not?

Just as a every human has the right to want no relationship with commitment, as well has every human the right to want an relationship with commitment. None of both is a bad thing, so there is nothing to blame about it, as long as you be honest. And to know if you fit together you simply must talk about your expectations and feelings. If expectations and feelings dont match, there is nothing to blame and there is nothing bad about, thats simply as it is and to accept from both sides. Its nothing else like the two in "How I met your mother." If one person has the inner need to live a more rural live with children and family-life, and a little house with garden to care for, and the other one needs to be happy exitment, traveling around the world, doesnt want to be bound to family and kids: Nothing of both is bad and noone is to blame, and noone has a "bad part" about this. Humans are different, thats simply the way it is, and to know if you fit with someone, you need to share your feelings. I dont see the manipulative thing about talking honestly about each others emotions, as long as the emotions of the opposite get respected and noone gets blamed only because of not thinking the way, the opposite would like it to be.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 5:09 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
I'm mixed-race. Recently, I broke up with my now ex-GF, who was white. We were the same age and had a wonderful relationship, but her friends forced her to break up the two of us after mistaking me for Hispanic. :x :x

What an immature girl.

What I meant was her friends forced her to break up with me because they were under the impression that I am Hispanic, which of course I am not. She reasoned with her friends, but they won in the end.

Yes, that´s a very immature and stupid girl. She didn´t deserve you.

OK...maybe you misunderstood me. What I meant was my ex-GF reasoned with her friends and her family concerning me. We had a great relationship, but I think people would have reacted the same had I been the one breaking us up.

So then why did you break up?

My ex-GF and I thought it was for the best.

So it wasn't because of race?

She grew tired of her family badgering her to break up with me as much as I was tired of her friends picking on me.

So it WAS because of your race. Sounds like an immature girl with very little backbone. If my friends told me to break up with my boyfriend who I love dearly and is clearly a decent guy, for something superficial, those friends wouldn´t be my friends anymore. Horrible family as well. It suprises me that Americans still think like this in 2013.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 6:16 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
I'm mixed-race. Recently, I broke up with my now ex-GF, who was white. We were the same age and had a wonderful relationship, but her friends forced her to break up the two of us after mistaking me for Hispanic. :x :x

What an immature girl.

What I meant was her friends forced her to break up with me because they were under the impression that I am Hispanic, which of course I am not. She reasoned with her friends, but they won in the end.

Yes, that´s a very immature and stupid girl. She didn´t deserve you.

OK...maybe you misunderstood me. What I meant was my ex-GF reasoned with her friends and her family concerning me. We had a great relationship, but I think people would have reacted the same had I been the one breaking us up.

So then why did you break up?

My ex-GF and I thought it was for the best.

So it wasn't because of race?

She grew tired of her family badgering her to break up with me as much as I was tired of her friends picking on me.

So it WAS because of your race. Sounds like an immature girl with very little backbone. If my friends told me to break up with my boyfriend who I love dearly and is clearly a decent guy, for something superficial, those friends wouldn´t be my friends anymore. Horrible family as well. It suprises me that Americans still think like this in 2013.

I knew a girl whom her friends/family kept trying to convince her to quit her bf because he's shorter than her.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 9:11 am

Shau wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

I can literally FEEL the butthurt rising in me with every passing second of this video!!!11

Oh, I rather enjoyed it, myself. Those chicks can wiggle. :wink:

The Lyrics wrote:
....Black boys are delicious
Chocolate flavored love
Licorice lips like candy
Keep my cocoa handy

....Black boys are nutritious
Black boys fill me up
Black boys are so damn yummy
They satisfy my tummy....

Remember: we're the ones who are juicy, beautiful as girls, skin as smooth as milk, hair like Chinese silk, etc. Some girls probably find these attributes appealing. And some girls may prefer a varied diet--you can't live on chocolate all the time. :wink:

And, don't forget: we have the Asian girls over whom to swoon and about whom to croon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wedNMxNdkMM[/youtube]

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 9:37 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Shau wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Oh, I rather enjoyed it, myself. Those chicks can wiggle. :wink:

The Lyrics wrote:
....Black boys are delicious
Chocolate flavored love
Licorice lips like candy
Keep my cocoa handy

....Black boys are nutritious
Black boys fill me up
Black boys are so damn yummy
They satisfy my tummy....

Remember: we're the ones who are juicy, beautiful as girls, skin as smooth as milk, hair like Chinese silk, etc. Some girls probably find these attributes appealing. And some girls may prefer a varied diet--you can't live on chocolate all the time. :wink:

And, don't forget: we have the Asian girls over whom to swoon and about whom to croon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wedNMxNdkMM[/youtube]

The world we be much more beautiful if all Asian girls actually looked like that.
Oh wait... :lol:

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 9:38 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
Why some white women prefer black men:

Quote:
Black men have something white guys don’t have anymore: confidence in their masculinity, their sexuality. They clearly know they’re men. White men appear to be waiting for the latest sociological research study to let them know if they are men or not. Yet black men are gentlemen, something else white men no longer are. They make me feel like a woman, both respected and desired. I can let go of my inhibitions, my need to control, when I am with them. How many white men can treat a woman like a lady and ravish her too?

Translation: black men, according to this white woman, are more "masculine" than other men. Whether true or not, a lot of white women think this, and it is socially acceptable for them to say it.

I can see their point. If that's what they want, then that's what they want. And, I agree: all of the available evidence seems to suggest that, on average, Black men are more masculine than White men. I really can't perceive any valid counter-arguments. I'm not bothered by it--dem is just da facts.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itgyy2CBiso[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4a1Gil_zo[/youtube]

Usually the trailer trash kind of white girls that swoon over black men. You see them all the time here in the Netherlands.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 10:53 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Usually the trailer trash kind of white girls that swoon over black men. You see them all the time here in the Netherlands.

Unfortunately, I think that there are a large number of White women who think that their social status would diminish if they married a Black man. And, some of their old-fashioned family members may strenuously oppose such unions. A lot of women are interested in pleasing their parents, and in fulfilling what they regard as social expectations.

A lot of White college girls do like Black boys, just for some discreet, casual coitus. Their sexual prowess is considered legendary.