:roll:

Sorry about that!

What's normal anyway?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 7:21 am

Kezzstar wrote:
My problem: How many alpha males will have hidden recessive genes?

EVERYONE has recessive genes that will crop up and bite us on the backside eventually.

I know for a fact that my bf would be an alpha male. Strong, athletic, aspie (how cool is that?), excellent eyesight (he can see stuff in the distance even I can't!), highly intelligent. However, at birth, he was premature, he couldn't speak until he was six, was born with NO motor skills (And yet his motor skills now are fairly good).

Gah, I did the jumping topic thing again. :( I thought I had control of that.

Well , I didn't mention such details yet in my imaginary system but surely such system would requires dedicated genome centers to determine scientifically who's alpha and who's not . Again , as I already said , my imaginary system is futuristic so it might be much more feasible in the future when the human genome science is much more advanced than now.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 7:30 am

Yeah, I was wondering about the details.

If I've understood, in your proposed system, the non-alpha males cannot breed, but they can have sex. Is this correct?

Are the women to be tested for genetic problems?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 9:03 am

^^ yea , if the female has serious genetic diseases then she shouldn't breed but females don't have to be alphas in order to breed .... they just need to be healthy. (since females' genes won't affect so many descendants as the males' genes)

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 9:05 am

Quote:
If I've understood, in your proposed system, the non-alpha males cannot breed, but they can have sex. Is this correct?

Right.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 11:58 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
^^ yea , if the female has serious genetic diseases then she shouldn't breed but females don't have to be alphas in order to breed .... they just need to be healthy. (since females' genes won't affect so many descendants as the males' genes)

And you still don't see how cold and sick this is?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 1:00 pm

What I'm still failing to understand is why LPP wants to breed AS out of the human genome (as 99.9% of all AS people do not fall under his "alpha male" description)... I, for one, wouldn't want to breed the majority of genius out of humanity... I'd rather have a society of einsteins than a society of NFL quarterbacks...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 4:05 pm

My point is though, that sometimes genes mean SQUAT. Sometimes even a lion who was born with bad genes that give him smaller proportions, can use his guts and determination to become a Lion King (or he finds himself a meerkat and a warthog for sidekicks).

I give the point of Rey Mysterio. Look at him, he's shorter than me! And yet he can take on guys like Batista and Undetaker.

And look at bees. They aren't supposed to be able to fly, but they do.

Why does all this happen? Because nature doesn't give a fast flying about what humanity says.

Besides, look at how much damage we've done to the world as this stage of evolution. Do we really want to evolve further and cause even more damage?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 4:43 am

JohnHopkins wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

It would be much colder and more sick if we allow a woman with dominant genetic disease to have children ,who will suffer for their entire life, just because she wants to appease her selfish need of having children. Giving birth must never be a selfish need , it is a responsibility toward humanity.

There's something called adoption btw.

Last edited by LePetitPrince on 28 Jan 2008, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 4:53 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
What I'm still failing to understand is why LPP wants to breed AS out of the human genome (as 99.9% of all AS people do not fall under his "alpha male" description).

Let's let the imaginary dedicated genome centers in my imaginary system to decide who's alpha and who's not. :D

Quote:
.. I, for one, wouldn't want to breed the majority of genius out of humanity... I'd rather have a society of einsteins than a society of NFL quarterbacks...

Autism doesn't equal genius , it's true that some autistics are savants and geniuses and so some NTs. It's true that many NTs are idiots and so many aspies =).

There's no proof that einstein was autistic/aspie , in fact many points in his life story disapproves this claim. Many of you aspies must stop capitalizing his famous name , there's no proof yet that he was aspie and this it's total speculation. It's not like anyone can prove it at this point.

Einstein is NOT your poster boy! Respect the names of the dead at least.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 11:22 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
JohnHopkins wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

It would be much colder and more sick if we allow a woman with dominant genetic disease to have children ,who will suffer for their entire life, just because she wants to appease her selfish need of having children. Giving birth must never be a selfish need , it is a responsibility toward humanity.

Oh yes, it's selfish for someone to want a family to share their love with, to let their parents know what it's like to be grandparents, to make someone else's needs the focal point of their life for 18 years.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 3:08 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
JohnHopkins wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

Oh yes, it's selfish for someone to want a family to share their love with, to let their parents know what it's like to be grandparents, to make someone else's needs the focal point of their life for 18 years.

^
Quote:

sands
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2008, 3:21 pm

LePetitPrince I think in this thread you have been outnumbered. I'm sure your heart is in the right place anyway. I wish you luck with all!

What's normal anyway?

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 3:30 pm

If you count the size of egos, I'm pretty sure I tip the scale in LePetitPrince's favor singlehandedly.

Quote:

Yes. It is selfish if the need to reproduce overpowers other considerations like the quality of life of the offspring.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 3:58 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
What I'm still failing to understand is why LPP wants to breed AS out of the human genome (as 99.9% of all AS people do not fall under his "alpha male" description).

Let's let the imaginary dedicated genome centers in my imaginary system to decide who's alpha and who's not. :D

Quote:
.. I, for one, wouldn't want to breed the majority of genius out of humanity... I'd rather have a society of einsteins than a society of NFL quarterbacks...

Autism doesn't equal genius , it's true that some autistics are savants and geniuses and so some NTs. It's true that many NTs are idiots and so many aspies =).

There's no proof that einstein was autistic/aspie , in fact many points in his life story disapproves this claim. Many of you aspies must stop capitalizing his famous name , there's no proof yet that he was aspie and this it's total speculation. It's not like anyone can prove it at this point.

Einstein is NOT your poster boy! Respect the names of the dead at least.

Those were two separate points (which, thanks to my crappy control over the english language, I didn't separate enough in my previous post)... I didn't necessarily mean that all autistics are genius, or make the einstein connection...

What I did mean, however, is that einstein (AS or not), as well as many other scientists, inventors, and what not would still not be considered an "alpha" male under your system... what you're saying is that they should not have been born. You would still end up with a society of men with naturally higher testosterone levels, which would then result in more in the way of war and aggressive actions taken... and in this age of nuclear weapons, such war-like actions could indeed lead to the destruction of both earth and humanity...

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 4:13 pm

^^ so ...we must redefine alpha?