I don't understand why I can't get a woman! [! SATIRE !]

Page 10 of 50 [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 50  Next

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 2:37 pm

I was married to a narcissist who came from a different background.

She would rant against people from my background in front of my face constantly. When I objected she would say 'oh, is what I'm saying hitting a nerve?!?' I was just talking about those others from your background not you!!

But it was gaslighting. This thread is basically women complaining about men in a forum where people come to get support. It's a gendered attack. It could all be posted in the red flags section and be just general things about abusive people of any gender.

But anyway I'm not going to look at this thread anymore cos it's an excuse to criticise men when a thread against women wouldn't be tolerated for two seconds - and rightly so.

Have your fun cos I won't be looking anymore.

What is going on here is what happened on my marriage. The women who post here are attacking the men in front of our faces but then saying 'its not about you! It's just those other men!!' but it's just provocative trolling. And any objection to this thread can be countered with
'oh,is this hitting a nerve?!???'

Last edited by klanka on 04 Apr 2023, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 2:39 pm

klanka wrote:
I was married to a narcissist who came from a different background.

She would rant against people from my background in front of my face constantly. When I objected she would say 'oh, is what I'm saying hitting a nerve?!?' I was just talking about those others from your background not you!!

But it was gaslighting. This thread is basically women complaining about men in a forum where people come to get support. It's a gendered attack. It could all be posted in the red flags section and be just general things about abusive people of any gender.

But anyway I'm not going to look at this thread anymore cos it's an excuse to criticise men when a thread against women wouldn't be tolerated for two seconds - and rightly so.

Have your fun cos I won't be looking anymore.

How dare people complain about behaviour they're subjected to on a support website of all places. :roll:

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 2:47 pm

It’s not a complaint about all men. It’s a complaint about people with sexist attitudes and/or abusive behavior. Most don’t take it personally because they know that it doesn’t apply to them.

People are free to talk about their experiences.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 2:52 pm

We didn’t make this stuff up.
It happened to us or another woman we are close to.
Complaining about not getting a date is nothing compared to fearing for your life or your kids.
Maybe more men could get dates if some of them didn’t behave so badly towards women.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

04 Apr 2023, 2:59 pm

People fear for their kids life on a support website, but not for suicidal people. :skull:

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 3:03 pm

^^ It would probably also help people to understand or, at least, be sympathetic on some level. Lots of people, especially women, have experienced trauma. If people can only talk about their inability to get dates, it probably wouldn’t help them get dates or relationships.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 3:05 pm

Rexi wrote:
People fear for their kids life on a support website, but not for suicidal people. :skull:

If people are feeling suicidal, they need to reach out to a crisis line, psychiatrist, or just go to the ER. None of us are mental health professionals, so we lack the knowledge and training necessary to provide adequate support.

If you think this thread is a problem, you are free to make a report, but you shouldn’t expect to stop us from speaking.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 3:35 pm

Rexi wrote:

I didn’t fear for my kids life or mine on a support website, but real life.
And I’ve been suicidal.While I was in an abusive relationship and recovering from it.
We are entitled to talk about our past trauma .Maybe it will help someone get out of an abusive situation.
They aren’t alone here.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 3:36 pm

Exactly. ^ ^

Lots of women here are suicidal for various reasons, sometimes even related to online harassment.
I don't remember seeing any women say they want to SH on the forum.
In my experience we say it to one another in confidence or we reach out to mental health professionals.
At the same time, we support others who say they're feeling suicidal.

I've posted info about trauma and dealing with trauma.
I've tried to help people with trauma only to be told to mind my own business.
That's true even when the person reports domestic violence and abuse.

Until very recently, I was often called a snowflake if I talked about my trauma.
I was heckled and insulted with lies in The Haven, when I left because of harassment.
I hadn't even started that thread, but people created it to talk about me.
I was accused of being overdramatic or I was completely ignored, which is worse.
I went out of my way to reconcile those relationships.
They shouldn't have been broken in the first place, if others didn't spread lies.

Lots of people tell others just to get over trauma or not worry about it.
Lots of people tell others their trauma isn't a big deal or they have "too many triggers".
They write to other members on PM and insult people or try to spread gossip.

SH is a very sensitive topic and mods have made it clear that we shouldn't try to play psychiatrist here.
Doing the above behaviours only makes matters worse.
If we are worried for ourselves or our friends, I hope we report to mods for assistance.

It's also unfair for any member to manipulate others with threats of SH.
I've had a few people tell me they'll end their life if I don't talk to them or help them.
This is abusive behaviour and it needs to be reported as well.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 3:47 pm

Back on topic:

- laugh at her or mock her when she cries over your mistreatment of her. It’s a quick way to invalidate her feelings

- gaslight her by pretending not to hear when she says “no,” “stop,” etc

- deprive her of sleep to threaten her sanity even more

- fake being decent on occasion so she second guesses her decision to get rid of you

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 3:50 pm

Here's two threads I've started, to support men's mental health, men's autistic experience, and the psychosexual abuse of men by women or other men.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=398728&hilit=men+and+masking

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=401564&p=8975046&hilit=men%27s+mental+health#p8975046

I've made many thread like this, but they're the two which come to mind.
I've always shown concern for men and a dedication to treating all people as equal.

As a result I was slandered as being a misogynist when I first joined.
Now I'm being called a misandrist because I continue to want equality.
I help men with their issues and I've shown a lot of compassion for those who can't get dates.

I keep asking when men will show the same compassion toward women.
Where are the threads by men about women's needs?
I asked this question in the Miosgyny thread on the weekend.
I was told to stop using L&D because we should be divided by gender.
I was told yet again that women's problems don't matter because we're misandrist.

What I've noticed is that women speak of specific situations they've encountered with men.
Most men speak of hypotheticals or statistics that "might happen" with women they haven't met.

It's very frustrating.
When we try to eliminate gender and say we're all human beings, we still get attacked.
I get asked about my genitals and my partner's genitals.

Sometimes I swear this place is worse than middle school.
I only stick around because despite all this crap, I want to help others.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 3:52 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Exactly. ^ ^

Lots of women here are suicidal for various reasons, sometimes even related to online harassment.
I don't remember seeing any women say they want to SH on the forum.
In my experience we say it to one another in confidence or we reach out to mental health professionals.
At the same time, we support others who say they're feeling suicidal.

I've posted info about trauma and dealing with trauma.
I've tried to help people with trauma only to be told to mind my own business.
That's true even when the person reports domestic violence and abuse.

Until very recently, I was often called a snowflake if I talked about my trauma.
I was heckled and insulted with lies in The Haven, when I left because of harassment.
I hadn't even started that thread, but people created it to talk about me.
I was accused of being overdramatic or I was completely ignored, which is worse.
I went out of my way to reconcile those relationships.
They shouldn't have been broken in the first place, if others didn't spread lies.

Lots of people tell others just to get over trauma or not worry about it.
Lots of people tell others their trauma isn't a big deal or they have "too many triggers".
They write to other members on PM and insult people or try to spread gossip.

SH is a very sensitive topic and mods have made it clear that we shouldn't try to play psychiatrist here.
Doing the above behaviours only makes matters worse.
If we are worried for ourselves or our friends, I hope we report to mods for assistance.

It's also unfair for any member to manipulate others with threats of SH.
I've had a few people tell me they'll end their life if I don't talk to them or help them.
This is abusive behaviour and it needs to be reported as well.

Sorry, I did not see that thread in the Haven that you're talking about. Are you talking about having lost friends in real life or on this forum?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 3:53 pm

Quote:
What I've noticed is that women speak of specific situations they've encountered with men.
Most men speak of hypotheticals or statistics that "might happen" with women they haven't met.
Or they act like their experience with one woman says something about all women.

Obviously, that’s not what’s happening in this thread. We are speaking of specific situations, not men as a homogeneous group.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 4:08 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Rexi wrote:

I didn’t fear for my kids life or mine on a support website, but real life.
And I’ve been suicidal.While I was in an abusive relationship and recovering from it.

Yes, I’ve experienced both things.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 4:10 pm

How about looking for women who aren't called Satire?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 4:10 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Harm started, Google crawlers are fast.

Holey crap!
Faster than the speed of gossip! 8O