If a guy says this.....?????!?@?@

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ice_Man708
Raven
Raven

13 Feb 2006, 11:49 am

you can never tell with me.
sometimes they are putting their feelers out just to check out the field, like what this guy is doing, or they are real desperate to have a gf, or special someone.

Aspen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2006, 12:28 pm

Just by him asking you why you don't spend time with your boyfriend on weekends, he could have just been finding out whether or not you have a boyfriend. But by him hanging around your office a lot and telling you all those personal things like "Maybe that's why I am still single," I think he is interested in you.

I asked a guy who did a similar thing to me why he did things that way instead of being more direct. I asked him after we had dated for awhile. He told me that he approached women that way because he was very afraid of "being shot down by women," that "being shot down" was the worst possible humiliation for a man and that by doing things the way he did he could avoid that humiliation. I am a very direct type of person, so it took me quite a while before I realized he was interested in me.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Feb 2006, 12:43 pm

Aspen wrote:
He told me that he approached women that way because he was very afraid of "being shot down by women," that "being shot down" was the worst possible humiliation for a man and that by doing things the way he did he could avoid that humiliation. I am a very direct type of person, so it took me quite a while before I realized he was interested in me.

I think I have heard that (a long time ago).

Today, while he was waiting to go out to his job-site, I saw him looking at me. :oops:
Then after he left, he called a couple of times to ask questions that I think he already knew the answer to.

Why can't people be more direct?

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2006, 3:47 pm

Ladysmokeater wrote:
I always took the "well why dont you have a boyfriend" comments as some one trying to see if I was defective in some way because I was single... lol.

Hahaha...I would take it the exact same way.

akiko
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2006, 10:41 am

Lots of guys ask me about "my boyfriend", and even after finding out I'm married, will substitute that word sometimes when talking about, for example, "what does he do for a living?" Usually those are "slick" sorts who make me feel uncomfortable for other reasons, like they'll be overly aggressive or rude to other people.

The original thread question though sounds like what some have said already, he was checking to see if you'd say you've got a boyfriend or husband.