Valentine's Day is coming around again and...

Page 2 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TheMinnesotaIceman
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2010, 4:38 am

Screw Valentine's Day.

That is all.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 12:11 pm

Valentine's Day isn't even a real holiday, if it was I'd get a day off of school, wouldn't I? As I said in another Valentine's thread, it's merely an excuse for companies to add love hearts to their ads in hope of exploiting this crap to increase sales, and for florists and card shops to double prices (and profits). That's all.

To me, it's just another day, and I'll be doing what I do every other day.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 8:27 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am just focused on the candy. For me, V-Day is a dress rehearsal for Easter (my favorite candy holiday).

I like this philosopy. :)

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 8:55 pm

I was thinking about this earlier, in light of the NFL backing up the date of the Super Bowl by one week for the first time this year. Obviously the Super Bowl takes place on a Sunday, and it occurred to me (when I realized that Valentine's day is also on a Sunday, exactly one week after the Super Bowl) that those two events are now dangerously close together.

If something disastrous happened like a natural disaster and the Super Bowl was cancelled and pushed back by a week, hence falling exactly on Valentine's day, the result would be something like the ghostbusters crossing the streams. I would shudder with delight at the chaos.

moonnymph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Feb 2010, 9:25 pm

Valentine's Day is just a day where the chocolatiers, florists, card makers, and jewelers have cache. Don't let it get you down. You don't have to have a "sweetheart" to take part if you want to, buy your mother, sister, aunt, etc. some chocolate or even telephone them if you feel down. Personally I feel that if you love someone you should show them every day of the year and not just one day in particular where the aforementioned guilt you into doing so. ;)

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 9:38 pm

I just ignore it, it's like Halloween, something I really don't acknowledge. I'm not hurt by it at the least.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 10:06 pm

amazon_television wrote:
I was thinking about this earlier, in light of the NFL backing up the date of the Super Bowl by one week for the first time this year. Obviously the Super Bowl takes place on a Sunday, and it occurred to me (when I realized that Valentine's day is also on a Sunday, exactly one week after the Super Bowl) that those two events are now dangerously close together.

If something disastrous happened like a natural disaster and the Super Bowl was cancelled and pushed back by a week, hence falling exactly on Valentine's day, the result would be something like the ghostbusters crossing the streams. I would shudder with delight at the chaos.

I would love to have the super bowl on valentines day (and don't count out the NFL extending the season by a week... theyve done that already)... because then I would have a reason to be social on feb 14th...

Sentic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2010, 10:10 pm

I met my girlfriend, Ashley who is aspergers while i was teaching a modern jive dance class, i feel in love Ashley instently because her personality shines so brightly because she was having so much fun, Ashley smiled, giggled and laught almost all night. not only that dancing benifited Ashley in so many ways!

1. No need for a partner
2. We change partners inbetween moves so nobody is left out.
3. No dance skill is requierd (Everybody in a dace class is there to learn at any level)
4. Not much social skills are requierd as long as you can introduce yourself to your new partner as you change round between moves or routins
5. Little eye contact is needed because while dancing looking in one spot while turning makes you very dizzy!
6. Dancing keeps you fit!
7. Socializing is very easy because straight away everybody has one thing in common and that is the fact they are there to learn dance, making conversation very easy!
8. Dancing is mainly all routins! making dance a healthy obsessive need for people people with aspergers who enjoy dancing.
9. Great way to meet men and woman with dancing in common!
10. The dance Modern Jive can danced to all music from rock n roll, current day charts, 50s, 60s, 70s, any latin or salsa beat, swing right the way through to smooth blues (and even rock and metal if you're into that sort of thingy like me!)

NOTE: Dancing isnt for everybody but don't knock it before you try it because its FUN, keeps you FIT, SOICALIZE with people with SOMETHING INCOMMON.

There is nothing more manly a man who can lead a woman onto the dance floor, as other boys, who don't have the balls or the courage watch!

If you would like any advice or infomation about dance in general feel free to contact myself and Ashley

Adam & Ashley
Spain

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 9:13 pm

*Growls* Valentine's day sucks. I loved it in elementary school when valentines for everyone were mandatory. Every Valentine's day after that, I've gotten nothing. It's a stupid holiday.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 12:39 am

My goal is to break up with my boyfriend. He's making me gain weight because he's constantly pressuring me to eat (I don't need to f*****g eat constantly... jesus christ just leave me alone....) and I don't know if it's because he's in to fat chicks or if he wants me to be too fat for another guy to steal me away. Also, he's sucking up all of my "me time" (I find it exhausting when I go more than 12-20 hours without any time to myself. I'd never be able to live with someone) when our dates consist of us basically just hanging out all day. He also never shuts the hell up. He's my first and probably last boyfriend.

*waves hands like a blackjack dealer tapping out*

I'm done.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 1:05 am

MizLiz wrote:
My goal is to break up with my boyfriend. He's making me gain weight because he's constantly pressuring me to eat (I don't need to f***ing eat constantly... jesus christ just leave me alone....) and I don't know if it's because he's in to fat chicks or if he wants me to be too fat for another guy to steal me away. Also, he's sucking up all of my "me time" (I find it exhausting when I go more than 12-20 hours without any time to myself. I'd never be able to live with someone) when our dates consist of us basically just hanging out all day. He also never shuts the hell up. He's my first and probably last boyfriend.

*waves hands like a blackjack dealer tapping out*

I'm done.

PLEASE be honest with him, and tell him this stuff in a non-mean way. :( Even if you've fallen out of love with him, he deserves to know why. And if you still wish you could work it out, that might salvage it.

Poeticromance
Toucan
Toucan

05 Feb 2010, 1:53 am

Valentines is pretty over rated. I don't know if this will make anyone feel better but even though I have a special someone, I'm not excited for it. I love spending time with my boyfriend, but his parents make us go with them and his two little brothers. So, for me, I just feel more baby-sat than in romance land. Even if I was alone with him, we'd do the same things we do on a normal day. Thats not a bad thing but they make Valentines day out to be superrrrr special, making it seem like the most romantic thing will happen that will NEVER happen again. I show my love for my boyfriend everyday. My grand parents don't celebrate it at all.

Try not to sweat it too much. The best way to forget about it is to go out with friends and have fun laughing at all the mushy couples, lol. Thats what I did when I was single.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 2:46 am

I was never in love with him. I don't think I ever could be. I'm not entirely sure it's possible for me to love somebody.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 1:48 pm

I don't see the point of Valentine's Day.

However, V-Day is on a Sunday, which I'm glad.
The pastor at my church will likely talk
about God's love, instead of romantic love.

I am also considering seeing the movie
"Valentine's Day" on 2/14, which is also the day
the state of Oregon became a state in 1859.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Feb 2010, 6:36 pm

The only thing I've ever liked about V Day was making those valentine card boxes in school, I don't think the kids do that now. I used to come up with some weird stuff. :D

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 6:52 pm

spooky13 wrote:
The only thing I've ever liked about V Day was making those valentine card boxes in school, I don't think the kids do that now. I used to come up with some weird stuff. :D

Me too. :( Valentines day was fun in elementary school when everyone got everyone something, and you got the awesome decorated card box filled with candy.