Ever felt obsessed with someone?

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Surya
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2010, 5:10 am

willa wrote:
Severus wrote:
Unfortunately. It has nothing to do with longing to have a romantic and/or sexual involvement, it's just basically a desire to know what makes someone tick and to be near to them (though safely outside touching distance).

Pretty spot on with me. Really just happened recently for first time, feeling a true obsession with a person. Not someone romantically involved with or any sort of real passionate feelings or desire for, just a good friend.

Wonder if anyone is similar in this manner though... Though I guess cause there wasnt any kind of romantic thing it was short luckily short lived.

Pretty close. I really dislike the words 'romantic' and 'obsession', they both cause/bring confusion. I don't believe in romance and only had one 'obsession', unfortunately it is human, a 'pet' rock would have been much better. That was enough.

Severus wrote:
Unfortunately. It has nothing to do with longing to have a romantic and/or sexual involvement, it's just basically a desire to know what makes someone tick and to be near to them (though safely outside touching distance).

Severus wrote:
I am sure that if I see them, I'd be spiralling down on my obsession within munites. That's why I don't attempt any contact .. I am truly spooked of the effect this might have on me.

Humans have always fascinated me, like many other things that fascinate me, but like willa, that human obsession was my first One and it will be my One and Only, because it caused/brought that much fascination/curiosity/confusion. Fascination/curiosity I am fine with.. the next step up into obsession, I do not like.. nothing ever grabbed my mind to cause that. Until that human.

I seem to have broken some unknown rule of thumb though. Because there was more then simple touching involved, so experienced completely that human obsession. I, and the human said they agree with this, do not believe sex= romance, but that sex can = a better, more complete understanding of an individual, as in, there could be less pieces missing. Doesn't mean you would know fully complete.

The human, may tend to try and disagree now. However, because when we first started to communicate, and why, I suggested that the human keep a journal. They said because they tell me everything, they did not need a journal, because I was their journal. Not a comfortable place for me to be, but because of that and some ways the human is, I did as they said I was and kept everything in a journal - thank goodness for OneNote, made being a journal much easier. Makes creating books very easy, perfect for cookbooks etc

As for referring to them as simply the human, it is a personal test of myself. They became more complete, more individual traits/personality showed up. As an individual, they would stand out from the pack.. so I am seeing if in my mind, they can be blended in with all the other faceless, nothing-less etc ... humans. They were never blended in before, stood out.. but maybe that can be changed.

Severus wrote:
My last obsession lated for 8 years during the last 5 of which the person wasn't even in the same country with me and we had not any kind of contact whatsoever...

8 years... I could not do that, especially the 5... It will completely leave my head.. one way or another. I will make it do so if need be... if that means objectifying it, until it, becomes simply just matter or atoms.. its there, we just done 'see/feel' it, generally.. kind of like, it is so much there.. that it is nothing. Or rather nothing to be noticed, pay it no never mind.. it is nothing..

Severus wrote:
I am truly spooked of the effect this might have on me.

Forgive me, but it is kind of comforting to know others feel spooked by this as well. I tend to use a lot harsher words though. So thanks for posting that..

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 10:01 am

I think that I'm getting an obsession. Dammit, after so long of managing to avoid it..

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 11:49 am

I have obessed over everyone I've ever REALLY liked, which is a grand total of 4 people. I make them into my special interests and try to learn them inside out. It's very creepy and unnatural and makes me feel bad. I know it's not a normal way to act with other people. This is probably why 2 of those people just completely started ignoring me, the other went nowhere and the last one went from a very close friend to a drinking buddy.

I wish I knew how to stop doing this and form natural relationships with people.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 1:30 pm

I did once, yes. Or is that just what love normally does anyway? Either way, it ended badly.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 3:50 pm

It tended to happen whenever I felt like I had a chance with an attractive girl, and this feeling lasted more than a few weeks. Always ended badly. I've been relatively good at keeping myself grounded from such delusions for the past few years, but if I ever somehow have a relationship with someone it's bound to happen again. I like to think that some degree of obsession in at least the early stages of a relationship is quite normal.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 8:42 pm

Hector wrote:
I like to think that some degree of obsession in at least the early stages of a relationship is quite normal.

I'm pretty sure it is. An initial stage of infatuation/excitement seems to be typical regardless of whether nor not autism is involved. This then either fizzles out or turns into a less obsessive affection or love. Or turns to something ugly and angry. I don't understand that, but I've seen it.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 9:19 pm

Yes I do and I am trying to keep things in perspective right now and not get too obsessed and the other person is also an aspie and I cant express my feelings very easily and I am very shy so that makes it difficult.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 2:02 pm

I have an obsession with Molly Ringwald.

Narocos300
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Oct 2010, 6:11 pm

Nooo, I haven't been obsessed about anyone before, what would give you a Crazy idead like that for :twisted: :roll:

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 12:09 am

Yes, with my most recent ex. We dated for about 6 months, broke up recently (about a month ago). We spent nearly every single day together. Unfortunately she's got Borderline Personality Disorder, and so she was fueling my obsession with her need for attention.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 6:59 pm

I haven't really been truly obsessive for almost eight years, now. I was a bit obsessive with my ex before my recent ex, though. I can't say I was obsessive with my last ex, though. Honestly that's a bad thing according to me; it's like I'm decaying inside.

I love it when a girl obsesses about me, though... my ex before my ex considered me to be a god. I found that to be absolutely wonderful. It wouldn't ever work with a girl if she didn't obsess about me. Not that it worked out with her but that's beside the point.

(For anyone that wonders, they turned out to be my exes as both were unfaithful to me, causing me to break up with them... disgusting.)

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 6:21 am

Beauty_pact wrote:
I can't say I was obsessive with my last ex, though. Honestly that's a bad thing according to me; it's like I'm decaying inside.

Unless, of course, it's considered obsessive when you didn't hear from her for two months and were in anguish every moment of the day, and if you hadn't heard from her after the time you did, you would've intended to keep waiting for her until you'd have to assume that she would've been dead? And then kill yourself upon that realization (or possible self-deception).

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2010, 1:06 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
I have an obsession with Molly Ringwald.

Me too :D

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 1:26 pm

Yes, with several people. I just have to turn my attention elsewhere when it happens and hope it just fades in intensity. One lasted for several years and I bet if I turned my attention back to it it could start up again. I exasperate me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

18 Oct 2010, 5:18 pm

Could being obsessed with someone be related to a chemical imbalance or something :?: I feel high a lot when I think/fantasize about Miranda Cosgrove. If it is a chemical thing; is there some kind of treatment & could it considered criminal insanity :?: I'm sorta joking but I really do feel high thinking about it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBG8VYEvtJg[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 2:33 am

This is a constant thing that I have. When I like someone a lot, I'll want to know everything about them and what they're up to. It's more than a crush, but more like treating the person as a special interest.

These obsessions are very minor compared to the ones I used to have. During my preteen and teen years they were very intense and I would have excessive difficulty controlling them. I had two major ones: one was a charismatic, comical guy in my classes who took a shine to me (later, I'd get obsessed with his friends and peer group) and the other was a musician I met in high school who ended up inspiring me greatly. Both of them found out as I couldn't hide things very well then. Luckily the musician guy and I are still friends, but the other guy was from a very NT peer group and thus he refused to have any contact with me after that.

Right now, I'd have to say that I have obsessions of varying degrees with 4 different guys. The difference now is that all of them are friends of mine and also that I have had sexual relations with them all.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term therapists - that I am an anxious and highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder.

My diagnoses - social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.