Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 1:21 pm

Similar can be said for all the different forum sections on here.

Lots of NTs have trouble finding a job, especially with the economy the way it is in a lot of countries. So why do we discuss it in a forum instead of just reading magazines and web articles to fix ourselves?

Lots of NTs have trouble parenting their kids, even ones who don't have autism. Why do they need to come to this site to discuss it over and over again? Why don't they just read some parenting magazines and be done with it?

Why is there an Adult section? NTs have trouble getting laid and sorting of sex stuff sometimes. Why don't we all just get out there and wing it?

And don't get me started on Haven.

Sorry, OP, I can't see your side of this or understand your insistence that we all must read your post. So I now give this thread kittens:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 2:27 pm

Major_G wrote:
trojan51 wrote:
Why do we talk about love and dating on here? I feel like all we talk about is "why don't girls like me", "i can't get a girl", or other stuff like that. The thing is that NT men struggle heavily with this as well, so why do we talk about it on here? I feel that we should stop talking about this subject on this site and instead go online and read advice on how to actually get women instead of complaining about it on here.

Anyone agree?

Not really - NTs struggle more with "why am I not meeting the RIGHT person" where as Aspies generally are looking for our FIRST gf/bf. Maybe I'm generalizing, though.

You are generalising. Are you an NT? If not, don't speak for them.
I was the first girlfriend of a 21 year old NT and broke it off after 4 months.

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 2:43 pm

It's true though tha aspies usually have more problems just finding a gf in the first place though. Not saying no NTs do as well, or that all aspies can't get laid. But by definition, having AS means you're gonna find stuff like this harder

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 2:48 pm

More pro-activity would be good, but people like a good moan.

poppyfields
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2011, 4:31 pm

I'm okay with people venting here, but some people seem to only vent and not take any steps to improve things. It is funny how people say they hate being judged for having AS but they are very quick to judge NTs, making lots of assumptions about a diverse group. There is no advice that is true for all women.

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2011, 7:18 pm

Volodja wrote:
It's true though tha aspies usually have more problems just finding a gf in the first place though. Not saying no NTs do as well, or that all aspies can't get laid. But by definition, having AS means you're gonna find stuff like this harder

Exactly! Because we are aspies this is harder for us. But, question is, how many of us have actually asked girls out on dates?

I think the reason I often don't ask and that why alot of you might not as well is that we automatically assume a rejection will happen and then are too afraid to act on it, I have NT friends who have this exact same issue.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2011, 8:38 pm

Grisha wrote:
Also, I think I fall into the "make your own luck" category - I was trying to be helpful/inspirational, not cruel - if I come off that way, I'm truly sorry - please accept my apology... :(

your heart is in the right place 8) inspiration is a good thing to spread around. let's just say that some advanced folk can make their own luck because they already have an existential foothold on the wherwithal of this world, IOW they are in a higher grade of earth school and they have more expertise under their spiritual belts, IOW more life experiences to draw wisdom from. but for us children of a lesser god, we are not there yet. in the "being poor sucks" thread, i mentioned to you my example of of the word "just" - i still haven't figured out "just" yet.