WHAT IS THE BEST THINGS ABOUT DATING?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:43 pm

I don't 'date'. The whole thing has always seemed like an elaborate game to me. Dates are something I reserve for someone I'm already in a relationship with, and I tend to like them only because they're a way of forcing me to stop and re-connect with that special person.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I don't 'date'. The whole thing has always seemed like an elaborate game to me. Dates are something I reserve for someone I'm already in a relationship with, and I tend to like them only because they're a way of forcing me to stop and re-connect with that special person.

I like this sentiment, too, but have been forced back to "dating" (blind dates) since I have no partner and don't have any way to meet people organically. Actually, I was dating and am now on an extended break. But yeah, I really, really hate the blind date. Don't look at me like that, I gave it a fair shot!

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:52 pm

mv wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

I like this sentiment, too, but have been forced back to "dating" (blind dates) since I have no partner and don't have any way to meet people organically. Actually, I was dating and am now on an extended break. But yeah, I really, really hate the blind date. Don't look at me like that, I gave it a fair shot!

I never played the dating game. I have had a few men ask since my separation, but I turned them down. I don't see the point. One or both parties just sit there and actively try to impress the other. :?

mv
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
mv wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

I never played the dating game. I have had a few men ask since my separation, but I turned them down. I don't see the point. One or both parties just sit there and actively try to impress the other. :?

So true. How do we get stuff going, then, when we want to? I'm unfortunately not in the position to change my lifestyle enough to meet lots of new, available people (and there don't seem to be too many in my demographic). Maybe when my kids get older.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 4:20 pm

mv wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
mv wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

So true. How do we get stuff going, then, when we want to? I'm unfortunately not in the position to change my lifestyle enough to meet lots of new, available people (and there don't seem to be too many in my demographic). Maybe when my kids get older.

No idea. :lol:

Every single one of my past significant others were friends first. Perhaps start there?

mv
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 4:23 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
mv wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
mv wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

No idea. :lol:

Every single one of my past significant others were friends first. Perhaps start there?

Welcome to the It's-All-About-mv thread!

That's a great idea, Tea, and I think that's an issue for me since I'm 43 and my friends are all long-coupled or married. Must find way to make new, additional friends...