Shaming Tactics against males.

Page 2 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

A) He spent 8 minutes whining on video. I think that's honestly sad. Sure, he's frustrated but he also seems a little entitled. He needs to turn over his birth certificate and read the list of things he was promised in life.

B) He is not using the ad hominem fallacy correctly. If he feels they are being insulting then that's the word he should use. Ad hominem has very specific conditions. But even using his definition, he's just taking their advice as an insult. That's not really helpful. It shows a man who is inflexible and more than a little angry. That's counterproductive.

C) Confidence is an attitude of being accustomed to success or at least having a healthy self-image. Whether it's based on real beliefs or just projected. If you don't know what impression that might leave on the opposite sex then that's a red flag that you need to stop and review your goals.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 8:04 pm

simon_says wrote:
A) He spent 8 minutes whining on video. I think that's honestly sad. Sure, he's frustrated but he also seems a little entitled. He needs to turn over his birth certificate and read the list of things he was promised in life.

B) He is not using the ad hominem fallacy correctly. If he feels they are being insulting then that's the word he should use. Ad hominem has very specific conditions. But even using his definition, he's just taking their advice as an insult. That's not really helpful. It shows a man who is inflexible and more than a little angry. That's counterproductive.

C) Confidence is an attitude of being accustomed to success or at least having a healthy self-image. Whether it's based on real beliefs or just projected. If you don't know what impression that might leave on the opposite sex then that's a red flag that you need to stop and review your goals.

Ooooh, I loved this!

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

Thanks, I try. Hopefully not too sharp.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 10:19 pm

I'll never have confidence, because I'm too broken and pathetic to think someone would ever go out with me. I f*****g hate myself.

I don't have anything to be confident about.

I'm ugly as s**t, poor, uneducated, slow, and lacking severely in social skills. I can't even hold conversation with someone for awhile without sounding like an idiot, so I try to stay quiet for the most part.

I'm also a 25 year old hermit that lives with his parent because I'm too mentally weak to live on my own. I don't have any friends, and I've never dated. I spend everyday now in despair, misery, and loneliness.

It'll never get better, I'm running out of reasons to why life is worth living for me.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 10:55 pm

MR20 wrote:
I'll never have confidence, because I'm too broken and pathetic to think someone would ever go out with me. I f***ing hate myself.

I don't have anything to be confident about.

I'm ugly as sh**, poor, uneducated, slow, and lacking severely in social skills. I can't even hold conversation with someone for awhile without sounding like an idiot, so I try to stay quiet for the most part.

I'm also a 25 year old hermit that lives with his parent because I'm too mentally weak to live on my own. I don't have any friends, and I've never dated. I spend everyday now in despair, misery, and loneliness.

It'll never get better, I'm running out of reasons to why life is worth living for me.

you should make a video on this http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt165812.html thread. let WP be the judge of this. I'm sure you're not that bad at all :)

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2011, 5:44 am

Friend sent me these this morning, this seemed like the best thread to share them in hehe.

I found them funny, exaggerated definitely, but there's a hint of truth to them.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:06 am

lilypadfad wrote:
Friend sent me these this morning, this seemed like the best thread to share them in hehe.
[
I found them funny, exaggerated definitely, but there's a hint of truth to them.

I'd say more than an "hint" of truth - I see it every day on WP. It's not unjust/unfair, just kind of sad because it seems so unnecessary...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 8:16 am

So, same applies for overweight or "ugly" women.

YOU'RE F*CKED.

It's a two way street.

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2011, 10:43 am

Quote:
It's a two way street.

Of course, but it is nonetheless a two way street on which it is better to be a woman.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 11:19 am

These shaming tactics are used against me by the women on this board.

They won't admit that they only like good-looking guys, rich guys, or bad boys. They say my negative attitude is the problem...BS!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

SadAspy wrote:

They won't admit that they only like good-looking guys, rich guys, or bad boys. They say my negative attitude is the problem...BS!

wait, what? that doesn't sound like a checklist of men that i prefer to date. they may or may not have money or good looks in a traditional sense, but they are not necessary criteria.

if you are anywhere near as negative in person as you are on the board, then yes... it's a big problem. be as shamed as you want to be from that. i have nothing invested in whether you change yourself, and frankly i have nothing riding on whether you manage to get a relationship or sex or whatever. so it's not like i'm saying anything for MY sake.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

SadAspy wrote:

Nobody is using shaming tactics against you. They are advising you to drop the attitude if you want to go somewhere.

There are some females outside wp(we had one but she left) that are only attracted to good looking guys... but they are extremely shallow and you wouldnt want attention from any of them. Believe it or not in the past I used to help anyone that asked me with classes issues and due to the shallowness of some females I no longer help quite a few of them(they are overly friendly when they need something once they have it they´ll forget you ever existed until they need you again).

Females at wp have a different attitude that has nothing to do with the shallowness you mention.
Just so you have an idea I sent a joke pm to a female member I had barely interacted with(I was too impressed by her writing to actually interact with her sue me). After 25 minutes I gave up hope of receiving an answer, after 30 I had an answer where she nicely analyzed my message, answered questions I had forgotten to ask(she figured out what I was going to ask I guess), she had never seen a picture of me yet she made an effort finding content on a message that was lacking it.

If I however had approached her with a pm about how all females are shallow gold digging b**** that wont give me a chance because of their shallowness she would have probably avoided answering/asked me to never contact her again.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

simon_says wrote:

"Shaming tactic #4: If he complains once then he's a whiner" :P
"Shaming tactic #5 : he's alone because he's a whiner" :P

But he might be whiner, he does seem to have other videos...

but I do agree with him that those advice are vague and total BS, they're just cliché advices because people either have no idea what to say or can't be honest enough.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 2:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
simon_says wrote:

but I do agree with him that those advice are vague and total BS, they're just cliché advices because people either have no idea what to say or can't be honest enough.

I think that it could be helpfull for some people but its overused.
For example the first thing you are advised to do when your router isnt working is to turn it on and off again and check that all the wires are properly plugged.
The first thing you hear when you are unable to get a partner is that you must love yourself...

Sure turning the router off and on/wires solves the problem quite a few times but there are times when you have to look deeper for a solution and most people providing advice just stay at the turn your router on/off again/are you sure you are doing it properly? which isnt helpfull.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

spongy wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
simon_says wrote:

I think that it could be helpfull for some people but its overused.
For example the first thing you are advised to do when your router isnt working is to turn it on and off again and check that all the wires are properly plugged.
The first thing you hear when you are unable to get a partner is that you must love yourself...

Sure turning the router off and on/wires solves the problem quite a few times but there are times when you have to look deeper for a solution and most people providing advice just stay at the turn your router on/off again/are you sure you are doing it properly? which isnt helpfull.

Exactly, I liked the analogy.

and if the same person or the same group of friends telling you the same exact thing every time (ie. turn router off and on) then this advice becomes a disrespect/insult to your intelligence.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 3:19 pm

lilypadfad wrote:

Wow, you really suck. You realise this is a forum for disabled people, dont you? That is a really offensive thing to post, and the fact that you posted it speaks volumes about you.

Taking a break.