Proposed 40+ something Love and Dating Forum thread

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2011, 4:46 pm

gadge wrote:
Just let me know where it ends up and I'll be there.

Gadge,

How are you doing? Thanks and see you there as soon as I start the darn thread after I ensure I understand Tech and Spongy.

Thanks for your support and I think we are going to have a blast!

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2011, 4:48 pm

universeofone wrote:
I support the idea. Count me in.

Universeofone,

Hello and how are you doing today? I eagerly look forward to your participation. Thanks for your support!

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2011, 4:51 pm

wyldragon wrote:
Sounds great to me!! It will be very appreciated if this were done!! :)

Wyldragon,

Hello and please allow me to extend my welcome! Thanks and see you there!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 4:52 pm

HopefulRomantic wrote:
Moog wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
HR, as far as I understand it folder-estate is at a premium around here; these website forms have an upper limit and right now its at the point where a new one cannibalizes another typically.

What about a 40+ dating sticky in the In-Depth Adult Life folder? I figure that could likely fit a lot of your objectives.

I think that's a good idea . Would you like to start it, HR?

Thanks Moog! How are you doing? I will start it after I receive clarification from Tech and Spongy. Thanks!

Lol, despite all confusion and appearances I'm not a mod. All the same though historically, when I was, we'd sticky topics that we felt were big enough to warrant their own dedicated area but were either not big enough to displace a more general topic or were really a subset of another topic.

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2011, 4:52 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
I think it is a great idea, hopefulromantic.

ZenMistress,

Hello and thanks for your support! Welcome!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 9:51 pm

HopefulRomantic wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
AWESOME to see this idea gaining ground! thank you HR!

Thank you sister Hyperlexian! How is your Hottie doing??

he is still extremely hot! and probably embarrassed to see me say that but i cannot resist!

you were correct on what spongy was suggesting. so the threads can be started at any time and we'll provides links to them all in a one-stop sticky. people can still post in the individual threads, but in case they get buried by newer threads people can locate them through the sticky post.

Aspie_SE10
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2011, 3:26 am

I'd like to point out, here-and-now, that if I were a Canuck or in any way remotely close to Canuckishland, I'd be honoured to date hyperlexian.

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2011, 7:18 am

hyperlexian wrote:
HopefulRomantic wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
AWESOME to see this idea gaining ground! thank you HR!

Thank you sister Hyperlexian! How is your Hottie doing??

he is still extremely hot! and probably embarrassed to see me say that but i cannot resist!

you were correct on what spongy was suggesting. so the threads can be started at any time and we'll provides links to them all in a one-stop sticky. people can still post in the individual threads, but in case they get buried by newer threads people can locate them through the sticky post.

Hyperlexian,

As always, thank you! Later today I will set it up!

As to your gushing over your Hottie, it's quite alright because it is only normal when you are smitten!

Wish you were in Charlotte last night - I hosted a birthday celebration for two of my friends Kristen and Dawn. Jessica and Claudine showed up too. To put it mildly, we had a blast. You would love them and likewise they would love you!

With the advent of the New Year, perhaps, some travel is due for me. I would love to meet you one day, my dear adopted Baby Sister!

Hugs!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 7:28 am

o yeah - a visit is an idea that is full of awesome! and that party sounds like it was wicked, sister!

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2011, 7:35 am

Aspie_SE10 wrote:
I'd like to point out, here-and-now, that if I were a Canuck or in any way remotely close to Canuckishland, I'd be honoured to date hyperlexian.

Aspie SE10,

Methinks you are most astute and observant because you gleaned the obvious: Hyperlexian is a great lady. Earlier this year, back in February, she took a brief hiatus from the boards - which quite frankly left a huge gaping hole. It prompted me to start a thread inquiring as to her absence.

Perhaps, the best analogy I can offer up is this: Hyperlexian is a consummate caregiver by virtue of the fact that she gives care to people (figuratively on these boards) because she does genuinely care about people.

In essence, she realizes that in the worst and best of times, people are what get people through!

On a more personal note, please allow me to extend a personal invitation to participate in the 40+ something love, dating and marriage thread! Hope to see you there!

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 7:50 am

HopefulRomantic wrote:
Aspie_SE10 wrote:

Aspie SE10,

Methinks you are most astute and observant because you gleaned the obvious: Hyperlexian is a great lady. Earlier this year, back in February, she took a brief hiatus from the boards - which quite frankly left a huge gaping hole. It prompted me to start a thread inquiring as to her absence.

Perhaps, the best analogy I can offer up is this: Hyperlexian is a consummate caregiver by virtue of the fact that she gives care to people (figuratively on these boards) because she does genuinely care about people.

In essence, she realizes that in the worst and best of times, people are what get people through!

On a more personal note, please allow me to extend a personal invitation to participate in the 40+ something love, dating and marriage thread! Hope to see you there!

Agreed.

I happen to have gotten to know her after I approached her about that thread and we´ve been in contact for a while, all I can say is that every ,message shows how she is trying to help others, even when this people arent being nice to her... she is one of the sweetest members around here and I was very surprised when she mentioned that she wasnt flooded by messages when she left.

There have been a few similar members around here in the past but some male members attitude towards them(you´d be surprised with the amount of messages Ive received asking me to question what she says for example) has made them drift away from this boards. We are trying to work on making this a more gender neutral board but it isnt an easy task,

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 9:02 am

:oops: sheesh thanks. 3 awesome people who i respect very much said such beautiful things about me? it means a great deal to me that you would think things like that. i am going to bookmark this page to remind me of this wonderful stuff, but for now i'm crying at my desk lol

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2011, 1:06 pm

spongy wrote:
HopefulRomantic wrote:
Aspie_SE10 wrote:

Aspie SE10,

Agreed.

I happen to have gotten to know her after I approached her about that thread and we´ve been in contact for a while, all I can say is that every ,message shows how she is trying to help others, even when this people arent being nice to her... she is one of the sweetest members around here and I was very surprised when she mentioned that she wasnt flooded by messages when she left.

There have been a few similar members around here in the past but some male members attitude towards them(you´d be surprised with the amount of messages Ive received asking me to question what she says for example) has made them drift away from this boards. We are trying to work on making this a more gender neutral board but it isnt an easy task,

Spongy,

You are AOK by me! And yes, one of Hyperlexian's best qualities is that she is nice even when others might not be nice to her. Proliferating meanness in retaliation is futile.

Thanks again for your posts!

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
:oops: sheesh thanks. 3 awesome people who i respect very much said such beautiful things about me? it means a great deal to me that you would think things like that. i am going to bookmark this page to remind me of this wonderful stuff, but for now i'm crying at my desk lol

Most welcome!

Hugs to you!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 2:31 pm

HopefulRomantic wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Most welcome!

Hugs to you!

((((hugs back))))

and you can start posting the threads anytime if you want - the mods all approved. maybe a couple each day so people don't get overwhelmed. you can also have the people you contacted post them for you if it is a lot of work for one person to do alone.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Nov 2011, 2:37 pm

This sounds like a really great idea. Count me in, too! :)