Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

Men prefer beer.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 12:19 pm

OP, if you primarily want sex, post an ad on Fling dot com or Plentyoffish or OKCupid or Craigslist. because of your age and looks, you will literally have hundreds or thousands of offers in a day. i have found that most people don't care about their partner's level of intelligence just for a shag. you can even include in your ad that you don't want sex from anyone who is intimidated by an intelligent woman. it won't slow 'em down in the slightest.

if you are looking for dates, i have similar advice - try online dating. you can filter people out by demonstrating your intelligence on your profile, and i think you will find that men who are attracted to your smarts will not be hesitant to approach you.

in general people date other people of about equal intelligence. if you want an inteligent man, start hanging out where the smart guys are. where are you trying to meet men now?

and i agree that approaching men is a very good idea. lots of men love intelligent and assertive women who go after what they want. trust me on that.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 12:25 pm

bumble wrote:
Do men prefer a very dim woman who just puts out?

Should I hid the fact that I am academically bright in order to find a partner for sex and going out on dates?

It just seems to me that the thicker you are more successful you are romantically so should I play dumb?

Also how do I dumb it down convincingly?

I find girls who dumb themselves down extremely repulsive.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

08 Jan 2012, 12:31 pm

I'm a guy who prefers women who are dumb but it has NOTHING to do with them putting out or being fun or anything; I'm NOT into the typical fun stuff & I'm on the asexuality spectrum. I struggled in most of my classes due to dyslexia & smart people make me feel stupid sometimes. Based on my limited relationship experience; the smarter girl I dated took almost complete charge of the relationship & she did not consider my input when making relationship decisions. The relationship was more on equal terms when I dated a girl who was majorly dyslexic & had ADHD; she was also unintentionally very funny. I do not think it's a good idea to pretend to be stupider than you are thou OP unless you are just looking for a 1 night stand; you could get frustrated putting on the stupid act after a while or slip up. I would rather date someone who's obviously a genius than date someone who puts on an act/pretends with me. I think the reason your having a hard time finding a guy is because stupider girls tend to be more flirty & fun. The guys probably don't realize that they could get with you. Try coming on to the guys & being more direct with it & lots would probably be very interested 1ce they get over the initial shock of a girl making the 1st move with them

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 12:51 pm

I prefer smarter women, but not pseudo-intellectual "I know everything" kinda women. The main thing I like, is not so much how "smart" a woman is, but how much she's willing to put thought into things she does. If that makes any sense. Basically her willingness to learn. IE, if one day, she, let's say, helped me put a headgasket in a car, or learned to cook something different, things like that. I guess more what I look for is the ability to learn and try new things. Generally it comes with being "smart" but sometimes it doesn't.

That said, all men love a girl who can cook. Any girl who can cook is like, automatically to the top section of the queue for me. It first off shows me she's healthy, adaptable, and is able to learn new stuff, as cooking requires all those things. Also, I don't know if I'd be able to marry a girl who'd refuse to cook, that was the way my mom was, very smart, degrees, etc, but refused to learn to cook, and I think it's one of the big things that destroyed my parent's marriage.

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
Tequila wrote:
For instance, I'm ;) without a girlfriend. But I don't live near you. That direct enough? Lots of guys don't have girlfriends. You just want to pick out a good one for yourself. Sort out the wheat from the chaff.

According to Google Earth, Lancashire is a drive of about 5 hours from Norwich. Get in the car, Tequila!

ooooh who lives in norwich?
I'm shopping there tomorrow! :P

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 2:18 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Men prefer beer.

Three ways to a good man's heart: food, beer and some good lovin'. ;)

hyperlexian wrote:
OP, if you primarily want sex, post an ad on Fling dot com or Plentyoffish or OKCupid or Craigslist. because of your age and looks, you will literally have hundreds or thousands of offers in a day. i have found that most people don't care about their partner's level of intelligence just for a shag. you can even include in your ad that you don't want sex from anyone who is intimidated by an intelligent woman. it won't slow 'em down in the slightest.

if you are looking for dates, i have similar advice - try online dating. you can filter people out by demonstrating your intelligence on your profile, and i think you will find that men who are attracted to your smarts will not be hesitant to approach you.

in general people date other people of about equal intelligence. if you want an inteligent man, start hanging out where the smart guys are. where are you trying to meet men now?

and i agree that approaching men is a very good idea. lots of men love intelligent and assertive women who go after what they want. trust me on that.

I personally would be wary of taking the "online dating" route - there are a lot of weird and scary people on these places, men and women. Probably not the best place to start. Although it is true that you will be more in demand than cold drinking water in a desert and will get many hundreds of replies per day. There are lots of 'adult' websites where you can advertise for sex and, yes, I can guarantee you that you will have thousands of offers. But these places are risky and dangerous.

What sort of man would you be intrerested in? What are your interests? And so on and so forth. :)

And, yes, a lot of men love intelligent and dominant women. They really do. More than you would know. :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 2:20 pm

NaomiDB wrote:
ooooh who lives in norwich?
I'm shopping there tomorrow! :P

I take the jibes about them being inbred are very untrue then? ;)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 2:41 pm

there's lots of weird and scary people in real life too. i tried researching it once and it doesn't seem like meeting people online is any riskier than meeting them in real life. there are isolated cases of things going wrong from people meeting online but there are also isolated cases of things going wrong in meatspace. it depends a lot on the safety precautions that a person takes.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

A lot of men are off-put by women who are smarter than they are. So either avoid these kind of men or feed his ego and make him feel like he's a genius at all times...

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 2:52 pm

Vigilans wrote:
A lot of men are off-put by women who are smarter than they are. So either avoid these kind of men or feed his ego and make him feel like he's a genius at all times...

oh Vigilans, you're soooo smart.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 3:00 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Go on

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 3:07 pm

Vigilans wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Go on

tell me again about how the earth revolves around the sun *blink blink*

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 3:55 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Go on

tell me again about how the earth revolves around the sun *blink blink*

Aw are you batting your pretty eyelashes at me? *melts* :oops:
As to the Earth's orbit... I'm sure there are more... "interesting" things for us to... discuss, no? :P

Rodland
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

I once had a dating profile on which I tried to find a girl who would like to have a two person reading circle with me (proposed topics included the philosophy of science, transhumanism, economics, evolutionary psychology, methodology of social sciences...)

Naturally, I did not get any answers.

Wonder if it had worked better if I had included continental philosophy (that is what women prefer? at least sometimes I feel so) in proposed topics.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:39 pm

Vigilans wrote:
I'm sure there are more... "interesting" things for us to... discuss, no? :P

Ask her if she would like to try your special white pudding. ;)

Incidentally, can you even get that in Canada? You can't get it much in England but it is gorgeous stuff.